Bouncing back QP v The Dirty Rovers

Usual suspects in, I see. We win = the players. We don’t win = Gus. One of said posters had to change their username because he embarrassed himself so much on the issue of MacPherson that it got quite awkward when we were promoted.

When will you accept that you are in the minority? Your poster boy is holding us back, not the players. It's so obvious to anyone who played a bit where the problem is. It's been brutally clear that our success last year was down to individual players.

You never comment on football, just general nonsense that any 14 year old could comment on. If you want to debate tactics and players then join in. Otherwise save your juvenile cheap shots for Twitter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good old Willie, only posts when we don't win. . and as usual mentions his favourite scapegoat Burns. Burns at right back had f**k all to do with the result today. MacPherson has little tactical ability? Really? We'd be in the Lowland league if that was the case. Sober up mate. Also folk skipping around the issue that Iredale completely fucked up at their second. Incredible 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When will you accept that you are in the minority? Your poster boy is holding us back, not the players. It's so obvious to anyone who played a bit where the problem is. It's been brutally clear that our success last year was down to individual players.

You never comment on football, just general nonsense that any 14 year old could comment on. If you want to debate tactics and players then join in. Otherwise save your juvenile cheap shots for Twitter.

Rubbish . Poster boy?  You are normally better than that. Still, yer mate Willie likes it. Well done 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Usual suspects in, I see. We win = the players. We don’t win = Gus. One of said posters had to change their username because he embarrassed himself so much on the issue of MacPherson that it got quite awkward when we were promoted.

I sit in the middle in this one.

Firstly, Gus is a valuable asset to QP and gets much more out of a team largely made up from non-league football, and yet his team has been more successful than those with the likes of Davie Anderson, Andy Robertson, Lawrence Shankland,  Blair Spittal, Jamie Longworth etc. We are competing in League 1 now. Who else is a better tactician and coach at this level that would take on the challenge? Be careful what you wish for.

However, this approach of defending leads by sitting deep and giving them the ball is great if you are Real Madrid (we still have Burns at right back!). It's worked a few times, but overall we're not good enough to hand over midfield control to the opposition.

My attempt at feeling better about today: Rovers have been doing this all season, conceding goals and looking very vulnerable, yet enough firepower to keep competing. They put five past us last time they visited, and before the game I considered a draw a good result. For most of the game we totally outplayed Rovers, and would have seen the  game out if we had more conviction.

The Spider opens up a really big question. now we are a lot more settled in defence, how do we replace Iredale?

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Well, I'd never be so arrogant as to proclaim I was speaking on behalf of the majority of Queen's Park fans, but what I'd say is that the majority of people I sit with are behind the manager who took us from 10th in the bottom league to our highest league position in a generation. Even if what you say is true about "individual players" bringing us success, I'd simply ask you who brought these players to the club? The "ahv played fitba" thing is a tremendously narcissistic touch, but it doesn't really matter. Andy Walker played high level football and talks high level pish, so it's not really relevant.

I tend to comment on football quite a lot, but I'm just not really in to slaughtering people who've done a lot for the club. Quinn, Burns, MacPherson etc. I certainly wouldn't be changing my username out of embarrassment for any opinions that I've espoused, anyway. It's also pretty clear that your "we're all in it together" stuff on the Forfar thread was entirely disingenuous. A certain faction simply cannot wait to get on the back of the manager.

Finally, I ask the detractors these questions? Where do you realistically expect Queen's Park to be? If, and I accept it's a big "if", we stay up, it'll be the first time in a generation we'll have headed into a third season in a row out of the bottom tier. If we don't stay up, then  what do we do? What do we look for manager wise? Someone who can get into the playoffs? Someone who can get promoted? Can anyone think of anyone with a track record of doing that?

From an outside perspective, it's interesting to read the arguments among Queens fans after yesterday's calamity. For 87 minutes you controlled that game with superior tackling, passing, movement and covering. You conceded territory and possession in the second half believing that we couldn't capitalise - I thought not too. The dreadful mistake for the equaliser was something which players at our level do. The relegation battle is going to be exciting with us two, the outrageous Forfar and the shaky Stranraer. Hope to drag Airdrie into the mix, and Fife and Arbroath are each due a dodgy spell.

Well, I'd never be so arrogant as to proclaim I was speaking on behalf of the majority of Queen's Park fans, but what I'd say is that the majority of people I sit with are behind the manager who took us from 10th in the bottom league to our highest league position in a generation. Even if what you say is true about "individual players" bringing us success, I'd simply ask you who brought these players to the club? The "ahv played fitba" thing is a tremendously narcissistic touch, but it doesn't really matter. Andy Walker played high level football and talks high level pish, so it's not really relevant.
I tend to comment on football quite a lot, but I'm just not really in to slaughtering people who've done a lot for the club. Quinn, Burns, MacPherson etc. I certainly wouldn't be changing my username out of embarrassment for any opinions that I've espoused, anyway. It's also pretty clear that your "we're all in it together" stuff on the Forfar thread was entirely disingenuous. A certain faction simply cannot wait to get on the back of the manager.
Finally, I ask the detractors these questions? Where do you realistically expect Queen's Park to be? If, and I accept it's a big "if", we stay up, it'll be the first time in a generation we'll have headed into a third season in a row out of the bottom tier. If we don't stay up, then  what do we do? What do we look for manager wise? Someone who can get into the playoffs? Someone who can get promoted? Can anyone think of anyone with a track record of doing that?

Deary me. Far too personal and disturbing you can hang onto things so long.

It's the old cup half full/empty thing, isn't it? Always grateful for what we've had, never looking at what could be. Why does it have to be Gus or AN Other? Maybe if Gus could find space for someone else in the dugout who had experience as a striker and could coach our young players we might get more out of them and Gus would have a winning team. He spent his entire playing career at right-back. His assistant coach spent his playing career at right-back. It's not difficult to figure out why there is so much focus on defence. So what happened to Paul Ronald and/or Tony Quinn as assistant coaches, both who could have helped develop attackers? I laugh when I see the Club recruiting for doctors and physios and yet the one vacancy that could make us a better football team isn't even a vacancy. Assistant Coach -Attack.

We're as good technically, man for man, as at least five other teams in this division. I think we've every right to be playing at this level given what I've seen. And we would win more if when two nil up we push on and bury our opponents, rather than retreat to our goal line. FYI, the Forfar game was exactly the same, attacking first half and then all defenders hoofing it after half-time. Forfar just couldn't take their chances.

And thanks for reminding everyone that there's your "people" and everyone else. Your back in centre stage, with your trademark personal insults. Enjoy yourself.

Rubbish . Poster boy?  You are normally better than that. Still, yer mate Willie likes it. Well done 

I don't have any mates, you know that. williebraveheart is entitled to his opinion, as are you and I. It's why it's called a forum.

Posts written after midnight on a Saturday should be time delayed for reflection. Happy New Year, when it comes.

16 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

been a lurker on here for a while but taking this opportunity to step in

" Bring Your Own Socks " you say someone never comments on football just general nonsense that any 14 year old could comment on?

That is a more fitting statement for you surely, you do nothing but heckle players from your own team looking to constantly belittle and blame people, your knowledge of your own team is very poor, and football in general also again seems to be very poor.

Do you think Sean Burns asked Gus to play at right back? I think the player himself knows his right foot is for little more than standing on, but he has been asked to fill a gap in the team and gives 100%. Seems like your waiting for the least little mistake from someone to capitalise and slaughter them on here on a Saturday night.

Do you think Luke Donnelly asked to play up front on his own for many games this season " Dawdling about " as you call it? When he clearly isn't suited to that position?

Do you think Queens Park are likely to get any quality players when teams in the Ayrshire District pay more than Queens Park?

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion as a paying fan ( i assume you pay ) it is evident that you are nothing but a mutant who thinks he speaks for all Queens Park fans, with nothing better to do on a Saturday than batter the same players time and time again, alongside your Manager. Do you think if it was that easy to get a striker coach in Gus wouldn't do this already?

Whos paying for it, a freeloader like you? I wouldn't have thought so, QP have a tight budget and have to live within the constraints they have and that's all there is to it.

If you think you can do any better, lets see your fat arse on the pitch or in the dugout.

Its about time you took some stick from people on here, as all we do is see you whining time and time again like a big woman, if the club cant afford a striker coach, go in and volunteer yourself rather than sitting behind a keyboard constantly.

6 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Great highlights package just viewed. I note that Iredale was your MotM despite that calamitous mistake for the equaliser and also looking suspect for Trouten's goal.

Should be a warning about the disturbing content in the video. Everything about both goals is shambolic. We looked good as a unit for 88 minutes. Blocked well, tackled well, snuffed Rovers out. Michael White barely had a save to make in the second half. 

If we block the cross, we win the game. The cross comes in and Trouten has time to light a cigar before nodding it in. The second goal? Well, it barely requires comment. Fucking about in your own half in that situation is asking for it. Seeing a game out doesn’t tend to be pretty. The ball should have been launched at the corner or somewhere in the general direction of Battlefield. Two lapses and two punishments.

Felt like a defeat and it’s probably as gutted as I’ve been walking away from a Queen’s game since Fraser Aird done us in stoppage time. An absolute sickener.

No need for the personal insults, kids. There aren't enough of us to allow daftness to take over. Let's just accept that we can all be fannies now and then.

Sore one and no mistake. We rode our luck for quite a while and is was doubly frustrating that both goals could have been avoided if we'd been better at the back for both when the defence did its job well for 88 minutes.

It'll be interesting to see if we try to get Iredale back. I believe we can only have one more loan player and, if he came back, that would count as our last.

23 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No need for the personal insults, kids. There aren't enough of us to allow daftness to take over. Let's just accept that we can all be fannies now and then.

Sore one and no mistake. We rode our luck for quite a while and is was doubly frustrating that both goals could have been avoided if we'd been better at the back for both when the defence did its job well for 88 minutes.

It'll be interesting to see if we try to get Iredale back. I believe we can only have one more loan player and, if he came back, that would count as our last.

Are you only allowed 3 loans per season now ?We had 4 last season with Zanatta, Orsi, Mcilduff and Docherty 

Also Robbie Leitch's loan has been extended to the end of the season. Looks a player 

20 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Apparently Iredale's loan period is up. If we get him back, that counts as a separate loan. I could be wrong....that wouldn't be a first....

Sounds like he’ll be staying at Morton. Think he was on an initial six month deal and they’ve now signed him up until the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:40, Bring Your Own Socks said:

So what happened to Paul Ronald and/or Tony Quinn as assistant coaches, both who could have helped develop attackers? 

I have been told that it 's Quinno's choice not be involved at the moment as his missus has had to change her work shifts so he's at home looking after his kid a lot of the time

As for Ronaldo, he was a committee choice for that role. Gus went along with the idea to see how it went. It just didn't work out between the two of them unfortunately. Maybe a lesson for certain committee members to let him get on with running the first team for as long as he is our head coach      

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I have been told that it 's Quinno's choice not be involved at the moment as his missus has had to change her work shifts so he's at home looking after his kid a lot of the time

As for Ronaldo, he was a committee choice for that role. Gus went along with the idea to see how it went. It just didn't work out between the two of them unfortunately. Maybe a lesson for certain committee members to let him get on with running the first team for as long as he is our head coach      

Not even going to go there. I'm sure it's a bit dark. We all need some help sometime though.

Archived