Bouncing back QP v The Dirty Rovers

A terrific display by QP at Forfar on Saturday with a 3-0 win over our likely relegation opponents worth more than getting Messi on loan in January.  More erse end of the table stuff this Saturday and you're never quite sure which Rovers will turn up.  They'll huff and puff and try to intimidate our ball players, but if we can keep up the reasonable displays at the back, I can see us ending 2017 with a win.  Galt double; 2-1 for the heroes of the South Side.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it Trouten is doubtful for this game after being subbed in the first half of the East Fife game. A game that we cannot afford to lose-we seemed to have stopped the rot to a certain extent but you can never tell with that Rovers defence. I would take a draw this now.

I'll not be at this one and will miss the protection which Queens confer upon the visiting fans i.e. seating them behind the goal line in the south-western corner of their glorious home. Aye, a draw would be fine to maintain our advantage over them.

Rovers are the second highest scoring team in the div. Despite the delirium of last Saturday I don't think 3 goals is going to be a regular feature for us so the defence will be critical, again, this week. If Trouten's out all the better. We made Rovers look poor at the Coatbrig Megadrome but we'll need two good halves this week to win. 7 from 12 so far this month has clawed a bit back but still much to do. Keep the ball up the park and we've a good chance. Sit deep and we'll likely be punished.

2-1 for the QP. Sean Burns with a 20 yard curler for the winner.

14 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I'll not be at this one and will miss the protection which Queens confer upon the visiting fans i.e. seating them behind the goal line in the south-western corner of their glorious home 

On the upside, we should have the undersoil heating on

58 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

On the upside, we should have the undersoil heating on

was just about to ask will we see a game tomorrow ? 
massive 6 pointer.  looking forward to a few beers and the Connor Shields show before we get the ££££££ in Jan. 

23 minutes ago, teekasule said:

was just about to ask will we see a game tomorrow ? 
massive 6 pointer.  looking forward to a few beers and the Connor Shields show before we get the ££££££ in Jan. 

I think the last time we had a game called off after it snowed the official reason given was the approaches to the ground were unsafe for fans... which was bollocks  imo

13 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I think the last time we had a game called off after it snowed the official reason given was the approaches to the ground were unsafe for fans... which was bollocks  imo

Perhaps code for "use of undersoil heating not economically justified."

Anyone know if Michael Bailey is still at QP? Thought he looked one of the better signings that were made in the summer but he's been nowhere to be seen the past couple of months and there's no mention that he's injured or left the club. 

Anyone know if Michael Bailey is still at QP? Thought he looked one of the better signings that were made in the summer but he's been nowhere to be seen the past couple of months and there's no mention that he's injured or left the club. 

He certainly did QPFC. Looked perfect as a pacy, forward facing wing back. Strong in the tackle and knew how to channel. Wonder what went wrong?

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

there's no mention that he's injured or left the club. 

Well that can't be right, can it? Usually the official website keeps us fully up to date about injuries, signings, departures and loans, so presumably this one must have slipped through our normally efficient media web.

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

Well that can't be right, can it? Usually the official website keeps us fully up to date about injuries, signings, departures and loans, so presumably this one must have slipped through our normally efficient media web.

Believe it or not, there is some squad news in this week's match preview ( Fotheringham back from injury) They must be reading this site eh

No pressure guys, but you are my main hope for escaping the house this weekend. This better be on! I've been hoping to see Albion Rovers this season as the SPFL's great entertainers (apologies in advance for ensuring this finishes 0-0) and I've always had a wee soft spot for QP.

Get that undersoil heating cranked up.

Streets are a touch slidy. Wonder if the car park and surroundings will be dealt with. Do Rovers not have a number of rearranged games? Dare say they could do without another one. No reason why it’ll be off if everything is dealt with properly, right enough.

Archived