2018 Political Predictions

Colkitto

I think we'll have a relatively quiet 2018 compared to 2017.
I can see Phillip Hammond continuing to split the Tory front bench with his scepticism of leaving the single market.
Theresa May will still be in power, but I think she will resign in 2019, regardless of deal or no deal with the EU.
Corbyn will still be leader of Labour but I think we may see leadership credentials shown by both Sir Keir Starmer and Emily Thornberry. I would personally have either of them should Corbyn step aside for any reason.

The party of the working man, starring Sir Keir and Lady Emily, ffs

Nothing really.

Scotland will be relatively the same. I'd hope to see the Tories sliding  down the polls here though and in to third place. Leonard will be as much use as a wet lettuce ; Davidson will still be a gobshite.

Polls will stay the same. Corbyn will not be Prime Minister ; there won't be an election - although they may lose a few key votes regarding Brexit - but the DUP won't pull the plug on propping up the Tory government to let in an opposition government.

There will be a 'deal' on Brexit/EU. It'll be like a shiter version of being in EFTA - with a bit less alignment with the EU. Maybe some of the mad for Brexit Tories will be unhappy about this but they are not going to leave the party and the DUP - will go along with it as long as NI does the same of the rUK  -e.g we don't care what happens, JUST TAKE US WITH YOU, LOVE US, PLEASE, LOVE US! 

Farage will end up making a comeback of some sorts as UKIP leader. They'll lose a ton of seats in the English council elections. It'll be 2019/after a deal is done before there is a new BIP party with some backbench Tories and UKIP types.

The Republicans will get hammered in the midterm elections there. 

32 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Polls will stay the same. Corbyn will not be Prime Minister ; there won't be an election - although they may lose a few key votes regarding Brexit - but the DUP won't pull the plug on propping up the Tory government to let in an opposition government.

On this, unless there's a new leader of Labour, then the Tories won't lose many votes, if any, when it comes to Brexit. Corbyn will stay true to past form and do his best to allow the Tories to push everything they want through.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived