Your 2017 Junior Highlights

Shanner

The fantastic response of the community in helping us restore our dressing rooms after the arson attack on the very night we had gathered to celebrate the golden anniversary of our last Scottish cup win in 1967. Those who have visited since then will, I think, confirm that they are second to none  in junior football. Oh, and there WILL be plenty of hot water for the visit of Darvel in january.                        

Beating the Buffs in the West!

Definitely a forgettable year for Meadow but I’d say this is my highlight too. Fantastic performance against higher league opposition when no one gave us a chance.

Hopefully we can start picking up wins in the league. Haven’t won a league game since 28th Aug.

Musselburgh getting relegated in their last match of 2016-17 was a massive disappointment to players and supporters alike.

However, still unbeaten in the league in 2017-18, with 11 wins out of 13, shows the determination of Musselburgh Ath to return back to the Super League at the first time of asking. Great campaign so far!

On 12/29/2017 at 11:26, Shanner said:

I was going to post that one myself, but figured the Bankies fans would be sick of the sight of it.

The fallout from that goal was my abiding memory of last season...after 140-odd years of obscurity, for about a week or ten days afterwards we became the most famous wee club in the world - there was coverage of it in about 50 or 60 countries globally.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:15, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Dunbar Utd winning the South Division title, earning promotion to the East Region Premier League and doing well in the Scottish (until Glenafton beat us following a 3rd minute red card). 2017 turned out not too bad.

I thought it was the three goals that put you out the cup not the red card or the stupidity of your player, but you were one of the best teams we played 2017 and you have a cracking set-up, and you can always say you got beat by the Winners.:)

I thought it was the three goals that put you out the cup not the red card or the stupidity of your player, but you were one of the best teams we played 2017 and you have a cracking set-up, and you can always say you got beat by the Winners.[emoji4]

We quite fancied having a proper go against Glenafton and having a man sent off so early totally trashed our plans. Also, chopping the “goal” off was a bit cruel and wrong. You deserved your win and I attended the final to support Afton. Glad you won v THEM.

Blackburn United gaining promotion for the first time in 32 years and being top half of the Premierleague table and in the fourth round of the Junior Cup as the year draws to an end is the obvious highlight, as well as the Ladies team being promoted to SWFL1, and a number of our youth teams winning leagues and cups.  The club is growing stronger every year.

Not many highs to look back on but having gone through the first few months of the year growing increasingly concerned about whether we had a squad that could keep us in the league, we're ending it concerned about whether we have a squad to keep us at the top of the league. Whether we do or we don't, it's a far better place to be! 

Archived