Hibernian FC v Kilmarnock FC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably our worst performance of the Clarke era. But to have such an off day and get a point away to Hibs is still a positive. 

Jordan Jones looked as if he would rather have been anywhere else today though. Did not look interested at all. 

I think the criticism of Jones is harsh.  He didn't play well, but neither did most of his teammates.  He always showed for the ball when we were trying to start attacks in the middle of the park and when the defenders had it he was constantly making runs in behind Ambrose, but nobody could get the ball over the top to him.  The front three were really isolated, partly because McGinn and McGeouch were constantly in the faces of our midfield and partly because we didn't have Brophy's energy as a link player.  When Jones (or Burke) did get the ball for a counter attack, there were rarely any runners from deep and they were forced to either cut back and delay (Burke) or try to beat two or three defenders (Jones), and they didn't get a great deal of joy as a result.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think the criticism of Jones is harsh.  He didn't play well, but neither did most of his teammates.  He always showed for the ball when we were trying to start attacks in the middle of the park and when the defenders had it he was constantly making runs in behind Ambrose, but nobody could get the ball over the top to him.  The front three were really isolated, partly because McGinn and McGeouch were constantly in the faces of our midfield and partly because we didn't have Brophy's energy as a link player.  When Jones (or Burke) did get the ball for a counter attack, there were rarely any runners from deep and they were forced to either cut back and delay (Burke) or try to beat two or three defenders (Jones), and they didn't get a great deal of joy as a result.

Not really criticising Jones performance as such, just didn't really look interested. To be fair outside of the back 4 I don't think anyone played well at all, but Jones' body language just looked a bit off all afternoon.  

ETA an honourable mention to Boyd's effort. Didn't exactly have a fantastic game but he fair got about today and took his goal well.  

That's 2 draws in the last week that could and should have been 2 wins. That will be the difference between challenging/ finishing 2nd and 4th this season.

We're in a rut atm. Need a couple of fresh faces in the window, hopefully the break will do us good.

Thought the ref was inconsistent as per usual. Can't believe that McDonald wasn't booked for timewasting. Was disappointed with Mulumbo after hearing good things. We were meh throughout with Boyle probably the pick of the bunch.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I generally like Jones but thought he was awful today, didn't look interested for most of the game and made little effort in closing players down in case he got hurt or injured.   He was scared to take on Ambrose most of the game. 

Looked to me like a guy trying to protect himself as he knows he is moving on and never put in the same effort as the rest of the team. 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Props to the Killie fans getting off their bus at Albion Rd with a chant of "we hate the Rangers more than you". A goad off for the ages emoji4.png

Their "hate" didn't last long with their one and only song being belted out throughout the match.

Disappointed with yesterday's result. Seems to be a trend with us at the minute, especially at home, gift a goal then playing catch up. Thought Killie were poor, dug deep for the point but I was expecting a bit more going forward, but they were similar to County last week. They had a good turnout as well, seemed to be in joyous spirits after their first team got a decent result earlier 

3 minutes ago, mackenzie43 said:

Disappointed with yesterday's result. Seems to be a trend with us at the minute, especially at home, gift a goal then playing catch up. Thought Killie were poor, dug deep for the point but I was expecting a bit more going forward, but they were similar to County last week. They had a good turnout as well, seemed to be in joyous spirits after their first team got a decent result earlier 

See that last sentence .......e tu Brute 

^^^Seethin because his big team only managed a draw with the h**s^^^

15 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's 2 draws in the last week that could and should have been 2 wins. That will be the difference between challenging/ finishing 2nd and 4th this season.

We're in a rut atm. Need a couple of fresh faces in the window, hopefully the break will do us good.

Thought the ref was inconsistent as per usual. Can't believe that McDonald wasn't booked for timewasting. Was disappointed with Mulumbo after hearing good things. We were meh throughout with Boyle probably the pick of the bunch.

It's a bit frustrating sometimes, if Barker can play well regularly on the left and Lennon can find someone to get in and around the 6 yard box more things will be good. He's not everyone's favourite but I'd loved to have seen how Cummings got on in the team this season.

Got to be realistic I suppose, the fact we're all expecting a top 4 finish is an achievement in itself. 

On 12/30/2017 at 12:53, Boostin' Kev said:

Artisan if you can walk round the back of Sainsbury's again, it was shut off last I knew. 

Are Killie really bringing through, 1900? 

Decided to have a look at this thread before heading to a boozer. Walked into Artisan to see about 30 Hibs fans wearing stone island and cp company. I thought that c**t from P&B is at it :lol:

Had a quick beer and and a decent chat with a few of the guys there who directed us to Middletons which was rammed.

1 hour ago, KillieCon said:

Decided to have a look at this thread before heading to a boozer. Walked into Artisan to see about 30 Hibs fans wearing stone island and cp company. I thought that c**t from P&B is at it :lol:

Had a quick beer and and a decent chat with a few of the guys there who directed us to Middletons which was rammed.

Sorry, I wouldn't recommend somewhere where I thought you'd get trouble you didn't want. It's a much better pub than Middletons or Mash Tun imo and you were able to walk to the South Stand quickly but with the away buses being parked nearby it'll always be a bit livelier. Those boys you spoke to you wouldn't have given you any problems and am glad you they showed you a place you preferred. Hope you had a good time out near the ground. 

Archived