Top 30 Scottish football grounds 2018

PB 4.2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No surprise to see our stadium taking a bit of a doing on here but I just can't accept it's the worst in the country. I'd far rather watch football in our "one stand legoland" stadium than travel to the likes of fucking Cowdenbeath and watch football on a public park through a horrid fence, surrounded by people from Cowdenbeath. People say Central Park has "character" but they can never actually quantify what "character" is - I think it just means old.

No surprise to see our stadium taking a bit of a doing on here but I just can't accept it's the worst in the country. I'd far rather watch football in our "one stand legoland" stadium than travel to the likes of fucking Cowdenbeath and watch football on a public park through a horrid fence, surrounded by people from Cowdenbeath. People say Central Park has "character" but they can never actually quantify what "character" is - I think it just means old.

Public park?

The fence is hardly a problem. Character means character? It’s different, it has different features from other grounds, it’s like an old fashioned bowl Italian ground.

From a clubs financial point of view I’d rather my team played at Dumbartons ground, if finances didn’t count and it was all down to the match day experience though I’d take Central Park every day.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Public park?

The fence is hardly a problem. Character means character? It’s different, it has different features from other grounds, it’s like an old fashioned bowl Italian ground.

From a clubs financial point of view I’d rather my team played at Dumbartons ground, if finances didn’t count and it was all down to the match day experience though I’d take Central Park every day.

The park is an absolute heap. Character is defined as "mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual", I don't understand how a building can have character. "Different features" surely comes down to architecture more than anything else - my point is that character is the wrong word to use and it's used all the time. The fence is hardly a problem? I can't agree. Central Park is a shitehole, the stand is woeful and the terracing is crumbling. Can't say the atmosphere's I've experienced at Central Park are any better than down at our place either. Give me a comfortable seat under cover at a one stand stadium like ours every day of the week.

The park is an absolute heap. Character is defined as "mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual", I don't understand how a building can have character. "Different features" surely comes down to architecture more than anything else - my point is that character is the wrong word to use and it's used all the time. The fence is hardly a problem? I can't agree. Central Park is a shitehole, the stand is woeful and the terracing is crumbling. Can't say the atmosphere's I've experienced at Central Park are any better than down at our place either. Give me a comfortable seat under cover at a one stand stadium like ours every day of the week.

Everyone likes different things, but I’d be absolutely gutted if we ever went down the Dumbarton route and I’d be disappointed if Cowden went the same way too as it would be another terraced ground gone as an away day.

The pitch is fine by the way.

The fact that nobody can be arsed travelling to Dingwall means that the glorious Victoria Park will be seriously under represented in this poll. You’re really all missing out on Scotland’s best away day. 
^^^
Kens the score.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Public park?

It's maybe a sign of sickness that I'm agreeing with you here but I once found myself in Fiorentina's Stadio Artemio Franchi, squinting through the high fence behind the goals, noting the mist on the Tuscan hills and smelling the aroma from the Lavazza-branded coffee kiosks and thought to myself "this is like a better-kept version of Central Park". 

6 hours ago, CountyFan said:

The fact that nobody can be arsed travelling to Dingwall means that the glorious Victoria Park will be seriously under represented in this poll. You’re really all missing out on Scotland’s best away day. 

Victoria Park polled very well.   

Archived