Coaching Carousel

lichtie23

With 1 week left in the regular season we should look forward to the Head Coaching changes that will occur over the next month or so. The Giants are the only team actively looking just now but the rumours are that Marvin Lewis will be finished in Cincy while best pals Bruce Arians and Chuck Pagano are finished in Arizona and Indy. I can also see the Buccs cutting ties with Dirk Koetter. Will Hue Jackson survive in Cleveland? Is John Fox done in Chicago? Is Bill O’Brien finished in Houston?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who are the names to look out for? Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will be a man in demand and someone I’d like to see at the Giants. His colleague Matt Patricia (Patriots DC) could also be a man in demand. As always we will have the chat about Jon Gruden returning to the sidelines. Eagles OC Frank Reich could be a name for a few openings.

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

So who are the names to look out for? Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will be a man in demand and someone I’d like to see at the Giants. His colleague Matt Patricia (Patriots DC) could also be a man in demand. As always we will have the chat about Jon Gruden returning to the sidelines. Eagles OC Frank Reich could be a name for a few openings.

McDaniels will almost certainly end up with a HC job somewhere. Patricia, I thought it would have happened by now for him, but it looks like there'll be a lot of openings, so someone might take a punt on him. Pat Shurmer has probably put himself in contention after the Vikings season, especially as it must be seen by now that it really wasn't his fault in Cleveland. And while we're on the Vikings, there may be someone willing to give their DC George Edwards a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade Phillips has put his name back in the conversation as well, the Rams defence has been outstanding all season, and on a similar vein, Todd Wash from Jacksonville will be on the radar.

Could be an interesting offseason coaching wise. I think there's enough good candidates in coordinator roles that most vacancies will be filled without looking at college coaches, but Scott Frost from UCF and Chris Peterson at Washington could well be in the picture. I'd say Lincoln Riley as well, but I imagine most teams will want to see how he does in his second season before looking at him seriously.

I hope Todd Bowles doesn’t come back. He’s not done a terrible job and we have been competitive in every game despite having a piss poor roster, but I think we’ve seen enough to know that he will never be a great coach.

Mo Wilkerson was once the best player on the team as well as a good locker room guy. Now he’s a problem and can’t return next year. It’s up to the coach to manage situations like this and now we’ve lost an All Pro talent. 

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Could be an interesting offseason coaching wise. I think there's enough good candidates in coordinator roles that most vacancies will be filled without looking at college coaches, but Scott Frost from UCF and Chris Peterson at Washington could well be in the picture. I'd say Lincoln Riley as well, but I imagine most teams will want to see how he does in his second season before looking at him seriously.

Frost is going to Nebraska after UCFs Bowl game

On 27/12/2017 at 12:32, GingerSaint said:

I hope Todd Bowles doesn’t come back. He’s not done a terrible job and we have been competitive in every game despite having a piss poor roster, but I think we’ve seen enough to know that he will never be a great coach.

Mo Wilkerson was once the best player on the team as well as a good locker room guy. Now he’s a problem and can’t return next year. It’s up to the coach to manage situations like this and now we’ve lost an All Pro talent. 

Extended through 2020 along with GM Maccagnan.

Del Rio out.
Big rumours Gruden has been calling around for assistant coaches, and it's pretty well known he's close to the Davis family.
Risky but very exciting potential hiring.

Apparently looking to get Rich Gannon on his staff

Archived