Sevco v steelmen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sevco are absolutely rotten and I'd hope we have no fear about going to Ibrox these days.

However, I'm unsure what the team will look like tomorrow and we really are painfully toothless without Moult.

At full strength I'd be confident about taking all three points but I feel a point is all we'll manage here at best.

1-1 and plenty boos to ring around a half empty Ibrox from the Sevco hordes.

Given the state of us at the moment I'd take a point, no problem.

Title of the blog aside it was interesting to read this article on The Rangers Report on the best and worst playmaking midfielders in the league. Both Cadden and Frear feature prominently while (surprisingly) Bigi makes an appearance too. It suggests that Cadden and Frear having been absent has been as much a contributing factor to our toothlessness as Moult being out.

The winter break can't come quickly enough tbh.

After what has been a dreadful month so far we really could be doing with a positive result in this one. Sadly I can't see us getting anything as our impotence without Moult plus out shite defence will be our undoing.

2-1 Rangers

Bare bones sevco against a high flying physical Motherwell team, damage limitation for us. 
For the love of God, please no hodson.

Both sides to the bare bones. We are I believe without Carson, Hartley, Frear, Cadden and of course Moult. Our 5 best players.

Potentially one or two others struggling. Unfortunately we didn’t spend the cash that your mob did in the summer to strengthen so our squad is considerably weaker.

2 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Bit of a worry Carson and Hartley out 

Robinson's post-match on Saturday seemed to suggest we'd just be managing Carson until the winter break while Hartley was just cramp. It was only Cadden and Frear who seemed to be fucked. I think Rangers have been playing a midfield diamond recently. I'd hope we'd bring Campbell back into the fold.

Carson
Tait Kipré Hartley Dunne
Campbell McHugh Bigirmana
Tanner
Fisher Bowman

As I said, I'd take a point from this one right now.

There's no way they will lose four games in a row and we of course haven't won a league match against them (either version) for fifteen years. Boxing Day 2002 was the last time we got three points in this fixture and that will still be the case come 10pm tonight.

56 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Good effort by the fans selling out our allocation hope the players respond

Excellent, quite surprised to hear that given our recent form but that's good to hear. Hopefully a repeat of May 2015 tonight.

Archived