Livingston v Dunfermline

I have to admit I’m surprise at how much Dunfermline have fallen away, before a ball was kicked I had them down as a certainty for top 4, now I’m not so sure.

Saying that in this league it only takes a couple of good results and you are back in the top 4 and everything is rosy again, don’t forget you are only a point behind Morton and there game in hand is against us so one of us will drop points which will help the chasing pack.

Likewise though a couple of bad results and you are starting to look behind you, that’s what makes this game so important to both clubs, if we win we go 9 clear of Dunfermline with a game in hand, we lose it’s only 3 points and Dunfermline start fancying there chances again. 

We have limited expectations this season so I’m just enjoying it while I can and before this team sadly gets torn apart in the summer. A playoff place would just be incredible and a win here would go a long way to securing that unexpected place. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

I have to admit I’m surprise at how much Dunfermline have fallen away, before a ball was kicked I had them down as a certainty for top 4, now I’m not so sure.

Pars players and manager openly talked about the target being promotion. A collective "hmmm" from unconvinced Pars fans. We did have a super start though - utterly crushed ICT, Falkirk, Dumbarton, St Mirren early on. Fell away dramatically when Cardle got injured (and the productive front pairing of Smith/McManus was split up). 

Livi have done well - is the manager under contract for next season? 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pars players and manager openly talked about the target being promotion. A collective "hmmm" from unconvinced Pars fans. We did have a super start though - utterly crushed ICT, Falkirk, Dumbarton, St Mirren early on. Fell away dramatically when Cardle got injured (and the productive front pairing of Smith/McManus was split up). 

That's what would have probably hurt you the most, I did warn you early on what would happen but was shot down!!!

Anyway how's the guy Ryan getting on, scored lots of goals last season?

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Sadly most of our big players are out of contract as is Hoppy, the one disappointing aspect of this season is we haven’t attempted to offer them anything as yet, seems crazy to me.

7 minutes ago, Hawk said:

That's what would have probably hurt you the most, I did warn you early on what would happen but was shot down!!!

Anyway how's the guy Ryan getting on, scored lots of goals last season?

AJ does appear to always try and play who he sees as his best players, rather than let partnerships develop. M'Voto came into the team in January and everyone expected him to be a bombscare. He was fine and had a good partnership with Ashcroft for a couple of games where we picked up 6 points and conceded no goals. Once Morris was fit again, instead of biding his time he was straight back in the team and we've had one draw and three defeats since . 

Ryan has had lots of very brief appearances here and there and has 6 goals. After three games and no goals for Clark/McManus he just might get a start. 

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

That's because it definitely, unequivocally isn't what's hurt us the most. 

Keep talking nonsense and you'll keep getting shot down. 

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

AJ does appear to always try and play who he sees as his best players, rather than let partnerships develop. M'Voto came into the team in January and everyone expected him to be a bombscare. He was fine and had a good partnership with Ashcroft for a couple of games where we picked up 6 points and conceded no goals. Once Morris was fit again, instead of biding his time he was straight back in the team and we've had one draw and three defeats since . 

Ryan has had lots of very brief appearances here and there and has 6 goals. After three games and no goals for Clark/McManus he just might get a start. 

Morris was straight in the team because Ashcroft got injured tbf. 

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Ashcroft and mvoto are the best most consistent central defenders we have.

Disagree. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Disagree. 

Aye, whatever you'll see a lot more of them than I do.

Enjoy the rest of your season!

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Disagree. 

Wasn't sure if I'd missed something there - just expected M'Voto to get dropped and was surprised when Ashcroft was out. 

Disagree. 

How many blunders have the three defenders made all season?
Without even looking it up I'm guessing Morris is twice the others put together.
Mvoto has given away one pen for no reason other than that I can't think of anything.
Ashcroft should be captain.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Wasn't sure if I'd missed something there - just expected M'Voto to get dropped and was surprised when Ashcroft was out. 

Aye Ashcroft was sick. 

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

How many blunders have the three defenders made all season?
Without even looking it up I'm guessing Morris is twice the others put together.
Mvoto has given away one pen for no reason other than that I can't think of anything.
Ashcroft should be captain.

Ashcroft makes plenty of mistakes during every game, he does seem incredibly lucky in that they don't get punished nearly as often as others. 

Luck? Don't agree he defends first rather than the head in the clouds approach from Morris. There's no doubt Morris is good on the ball and had a good turn of pace but he has a meltdown ten times a season. The falkirk game at home he was incredibly lucky to get away with a pass across our box. He put his hand up afterwards. Not saying Ashcroft is amazing but he doesn't make the same game changing blunders.

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Luck? Don't agree he defends first rather than the head in the clouds approach from Morris. There's no doubt Morris is good on the ball and had a good turn of pace but he has a meltdown ten times a season. The falkirk game at home he was incredibly lucky to get away with a pass across our box. He put his hand up afterwards. Not saying Ashcroft is amazing but he doesn't make the same game changing blunders.

The last Falkirk game at home it was Ashcroft rushing out in an act of pure stupidly that left a massive gaping hole in the first half, good job Robinson saved the following one on one. 

It was a very obvious mistake that fans don't seem to ever remember with Ashcroft, I don't know what it is with him but fans seem much more willing to forget his poor games. 

Same with Talbot, he hasn't had a good game in months. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Morris is far too casual. Thinks he's better than he actually is.

That's it really. Going back to his very first game against Raith. Took on a forward and lost the ball and they get a penalty.

Its totally needless and daft stuff that ruins the rest of his game, which can be excellent. If he just defended row z at times he would be brilliant. So frustrating as he has all the right talent and attributes. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Same with Talbot, he hasn't had a good game in months. 

Usually think you're pretty spot on Grant but have to disagree here. He's mostly solid and dependable.

Took a neutral friend to St Mirren away in December and he thought Talbot was our best player. He's rarely sparkling but definitely can't remember him directly costing us many games - which Morris has done more than once.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Usually think you're pretty spot on Grant but have to disagree here. He's mostly solid and dependable.

Took a neutral friend to St Mirren away in December and he thought Talbot was our best player. He's rarely sparkling but definitely can't remember him directly costing us many games - which Morris has done more than once.

His tendency to dive into challenges and his poor distribution ruins my happiness, he started off the season outstanding but I can't remember the last time I came away thinking he played well. 

Archived