Livingston v Dunfermline

49 minutes ago, Afro said:

I vaguely remember us going to EEP and winning 4-0 in our second season back in the First Division. 

A truly glorious game. 

The only other away win I can remember was 2-1 with a Leigh Griffiths double. Fantastic second goal. The most notable home win I can think of was a 4-2 in the same season where both teams scored great goals.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

A truly glorious game. 

The only other away win I can remember was 2-1 with a Leigh Griffiths double. Fantastic second goal. The most notable home win I can think of was a 4-2 in the same season where both teams scored great goals.

Griffiths double pirouette and drag back before nutmegging the Pars keeper and Kachloul's goal with his first kick of the ball from a free kick are the two most memorable goals I can think of against Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Don't know about the other Livingston fans, but I now have this horrible feeling sinking in that we're going to bottle it tomorrow.

Think I'd happily take a draw if it meant keeping the gap as is between ourselves and Dunfermline. As others have said, a win would be incredible, given it would take us into 2nd. What a season thus far.

Nah, this team don't bottle games, we may well get beaten but it wont be for lack of effort and doing their best. 

Yeah  a draw would still put us 2nd on goal difference, but I think we need the win to put pressure on Utd and get above them on points, and also to open up a gap on 3rd place so we aren't having to be in a dog fight for a top 4 spot.

Will be interesting to see how Hoppy approaches this, if he'll set us up not to lose and hope for a win, or go for a win having a go at them. Personally I  feel we've a goal threat up front now and are much more dangerous on the counter too, and I think Dunfermline are a fairly attack minded team so that could play into our hands.

Griffiths double pirouette and drag back before nutmegging the Pars keeper and Kachloul's goal with his first kick of the ball from a free kick are the two most memorable goals I can think of against Dunfermline.

I remember seeing Griffiths for the first time. He seemed to have something. I posted this on the pars forum and was chased off by posters telling me he was a wee Ned with red boots and that I knew nothing. Next game he scored that peach and I ended up banned for giving it big licks.
Now he's probably Scotland's best striker. Experts eh.

I remember seeing Griffiths for the first time. He seemed to have something. I posted this on the pars forum and was chased off by posters telling me he was a wee Ned with red boots and that I knew nothing. Next game he scored that peach and I ended up banned for giving it big licks.

Like the sun coming up in the morning, the authorities pandering to the celtic/sevco and cardle cutting inside you are utterly predictable.

Don’t know what to expect tomorrow ,Livi seem to prefer playing away these days ,if Dunfermline get their tactics right then I can only see an away victory ...hopefully Hopkins has learnt from the cup game to be a bit more offensive and show the fifers no mercy :)

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Giving it big licks because we conceded a goal, ooft.

A fantastic individual effort from Leigh GRIFFITHS produced a really special goal to put Livingston 2-1 up in 74 minutes. Driving in from the right he evaded the tackles of McCann and then Thomson. Trailing the ball with his heel he danced around Wilson and Bamba before slipping the ball past Gallacher at his near post.

wee ned aye, just destroyed us did he aye

thats it red card!

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think I applauded the Griffiths solo goal. Was absolutely superb.

That's why I was so annoyed at the few dickheads on dot net. Basically I was told he was shit and quote "away and f**k off you know nothing about football" I posted something reasonable questioning how he managed to score this goal and why our own fans were applauding him. More abuse again. 

Those twats also said the same about Cardle before we signed him and Bamba and also Woods.

I don't think I've ever read anything of note on there apart from socks or grant. Once one of the clueless wonders start they all back them up regardless of how contradictory or stupid they look.

It was the same attitude that nearly killed our club so that's why I bang on about Griffiths. These guys are arseholes.

It was the same attitude that nearly killed our club so that's why I bang on about Griffiths. These guys are arseholes.

You bang on about griffiths because your ego is so fragile you are desperate to remind everyone about how right you were. It was a decade ago, its absolute madness you still cling onto it.

Oh and the fact he's a wee Ned has been proven time and time again.

3 hours ago, snorkie said:

Don’t know what to expect tomorrow ,Livi seem to prefer playing away these days ,if Dunfermline get their tactics right then I can only see an away victory ...hopefully Hopkins has learnt from the cup game to be a bit more offensive and show the fifers no mercy :)

Then again we have conceded five goals in our last nine games at home - two of which were scored by Brechin.

Such a big match tomorrow, for both teams. 

A Livi win and I'd say that we can forget the play-offs this season unless we go on a crazy run til the summer and someone completely combusts ahead of us. 

If we win, it cranks the pressure up on Livingston, IMO, as the business end to the season approaches - although, tbf, I haven't really seen them crumble this year and go on a really bad run of results so I don't personally see them going on the slide so late in the season. 

A draw keeps everything in the balance: it'd be a good result for us as it would stop our run of defeats while it wouldn't be a bad point for the hosts either. 

Hopefully a more clinical attack tomorrow; if we can play as we did in the forward areas last week, we will create chances. If we don't take them and perform more kamikaze defending then we are in for a long afternoon!

This is gonna be a good game and I see both teams going for it from the off. A nice wee opener similar to when we last met at EEP will go down a treat, and hopefully give us the boot up the bum to stay concentrated defensively that we seem to need right now. 

My prediction: 2-1 Dunfermline. 

Hardie for Livingston but McManus and Cardle will score for the Pars to seal a viral 3 points!

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Tbf was a wee ned,  but also a really good player. I think one of his nicknames was ned.:lol:

4th is the aim now surely, our form needs to improve considerably to even reach there, never mind catching Livi. Remember, except for a bit more prize money, 4th is as good as 3rd.
Our management and team really need to change something because the facts are that we are destined to finish closer to 8th than 4th right now.

17 hours ago, Afro said:

Bit before my time, but I'll take your word for it. Having a think about it, I vaguely remember us going to EEP and winning 4-0 in our second season back in the First Division. I think it may have been the death knell for Stephen Kenny's reign at the Pars, actually.

I had a few quid on 4-0 Livi that day (having lost 5-0 and 3-0 in previous weeks the 4-0 seemed inevitably Kenny-esque). 2-0 down at half time and any split loyalty was gone. About 50/1 IIRC.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I had a few quid on 4-0 Livi that day (having lost 5-0 and 3-0 in previous weeks the 4-0 seemed inevitably Kenny-esque). 2-0 down at half time and any split loyalty was gone. About 50/1 IIRC.

Fucksake, that would be murder, but it would certainly soften the blow a fair bit. :lol:

Just now, NorthSeaPar said:

Is the bar at the ground open to away supporters? Nipping through for a couple before the game and would rather put cash in Livi’s till.

Dunno about the bar but the almondvale suite is open to both sets of fans, bar prob is too, or at least I doubt anyone would bother if you went in even if it wasn't. Worst that would happen is being asked to go round to the AS round by the South Stand.

Archived