Livingston v Dunfermline

The red card is absolute stick on not sure why Livi would waste money trying it get it overturned, another gripe of mine (as the thread seems to be the right place to moan) is players who go to take the quick freekick and then stop because the opposition player is in the way, just play it off them and get the next free kick are yard or so further forward and their player booked, you do wonder if the players have any knowledge of the rules of the game

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The red card is absolute stick on not sure why Livi would waste money trying it get it overturned, another gripe of mine (as the thread seems to be the right place to moan) is players who go to take the quick freekick and then stop because the opposition player is in the way, just play it off them and get the next free kick are yard or so further forward and their player booked, you do wonder if the players have any knowledge of the rules of the game

Believe refs are under instruction that if you have been considered to deliberately kick it off an opponent then they should allow play to continue.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Believe refs are under instruction that if you have been considered to deliberately kick it off an opponent then they should allow play to continue.

not if they are closer than 10 yards surely? Also its a yellow card for delaying the re-start and a move of the free kick for the player being closer than 10 yards. However if its the SFA's application of the rules then you could be right as they had an odd interpretation of them.

On 2/9/2018 at 20:32, Hawk said:

Right Livi your turn. Morton turned these lot over last week, your turn this one.

Cheers.

Not quite what I was looking for Livi but good enough, ta. :-)

Two livvy players booted the ball away in frustration yesterday. Is this not a booking?

Robinson took a goal kick whilst the ball was still in motion. This should have been pulled back as well. The refs were simply awful for both sides.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

I'm convinced that a worrying amount of players don't, especially when it comes to tackling given how many red cards you still see for challenges

Not quite what I was looking for Livi but good enough, ta. :-)

Having a poisonous hatred for a club because you weren’t very good in their jersey is odd behaviour, Gav. Take a breather.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

You mean it will be interesting to look at it from an obstructed view? The referee and the highlights have the perfect view. 

Stick on red, few Livi fans (and manager) have absolutely fucked it in the post match comments. 

Well that's my thought too but there clearly must be something in that footage if it is causing opinions to change.

Nothing to get upset over, Grant.

I'm convinced that a worrying amount of players don't, especially when it comes to tackling given how many red cards you still see for challenges

Well it’s quite subjective as I’m the law states excessive force which you would imagine a silly challenge in the middle of the park over a nothing ball would result in more sending offs and challenges in the penalty box wouldn’t have as many red cards as the force required is greater as the attacked get closer to goal. But tackles are difficult because there are so many variables. However rules were it is clear the punishment such as delaying the restart (kicking, throwing or holding the ball) are all cautionable offences, as is a player following the ball out of play 10 yards away and holding the attacker off when the law states that the player must be in control of the ball, just basic stuff they should know to do their job.

Or that an obstructed view doesn't doesn't give as good a view, pretty simple.

There is literally nothing in another camera angle that matters because the one already shown is from the best possible angle.  

Hopefully the Livi manager sticks to his word and pisses some money down the drain on an appeal. 

The turnover at St mirren over the last year has been massive, fair enough they have improved on what they've had but they aren't exactly a great example of squad stability

Possibly the most laughable thing on here.

Explain?

ETA. Never mind i saw your point of view in a reply to FTOF post.

I dont get how a team who has fielded almost the same starting 11 barring a few for over a year now and sits 14 pts clear at the top could be co sidered unstable. Each to thier own i guess.

9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Well it’s quite subjective as I’m the law states excessive force which you would imagine a silly challenge in the middle of the park over a nothing ball would result in more sending offs and challenges in the penalty box wouldn’t have as many red cards as the force required is greater as the attacked get closer to goal. But tackles are difficult because there are so many variables. However rules were it is clear the punishment such as delaying the restart (kicking, throwing or holding the ball) are all cautionable offences, as is a player following the ball out of play 10 yards away and holding the attacker off when the law states that the player must be in control of the ball, just basic stuff they should know to do their job.

There's usually at least 1 red card for the same type or challenge each week that I see on a highlights show.

I’d like to think I’m pretty fair with my assessments on games and at the time I thought the red card was harsh, having seen the footage from Dunfermline and now having seen a small clip from our angle and although it’s less convincing and not as clear a decision I think we’d struggle to win an appeal. 

I hold my hands up I got it wrong, I’m not one to hide away from that fact, perhaps our angle didn’t quite show the extend of the tackle which is why so many Livi fans disagreed at the time and the far side stand had a much better view. 

Anyway it’s done now, I don’t feel we should appeal as the panel would have to be convinced it was a completely wrong decision and having seen a small clip I don’t think they’d overturn the decision even with it being less convincing from our footage. 

Excellent point for us in the circumstances. 

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Did he make contact? The photo certainly doesn't capture any sign of contact

8 hours ago, houston_bud said:

That's one of my pet hates in football. Keepers get away with it all the time because they're seen to be 'protecting themselves'. Lot of nonsense. That's as clear a red card as you'll see.

I think sometimes when a keeper looks to fo this it's probably in response to something that's home on previously in the game maybe flattered or foot stamped on at a corner.

Why miller was closing him down when Robinson clearly had collected the ball beats me .

To be honest the photo doesn't show any sign of contact so I can't comment 

Miller doesn't seem to distressed

From the view in the pars end it looked like Robinson needlessly kicked out at Miller then pathetically dived when quite rightly challenged about it. The whole thing was handbags but he could have caught Millers leg or knee badly. What an idiot.

He did the same thing against Morton in the cup, over the top reaction to any challenge on him. He's a ticking time bomb and a red card waiting to happen which is really like two men down as usually you need to bring on a new keeper and sub another outfield player.

At first I thought he was brilliant and wondered why on earth he didn't have a club. 

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

From the view in the pars end it looked like Robinson needlessly kicked out at Miller then pathetically dived when quite rightly challenged about it. The whole thing was handbags but he could have caught Millers leg or knee badly. What an idiot.

He did the same thing against Morton in the cup, over the top reaction to any challenge on him. He's a ticking time bomb and a red card waiting to happen which is really like two men down as usually you need to bring on a new keeper and sub another outfield player.

At first I thought he was brilliant and wondered why on earth he didn't have a club. 

Have a look at 3.08 seconds Robinson pulled out of any contact ,it's all a bit out if proportion.

He didn't have a club because he left outside the transfer window, hope this helps 

Archived