Livingston v Dunfermline

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

On another note, I just read the first page of this thread. Isn’t it bizarre how much things can change in a month and a bit?

We were worrying about Morris being suspended and M’Voto having to play, for the initial date of the match. For the rearranged match, we were pleased that Morris was dropped and were happy with an M’Voto and Ashcroft partnership!

Mvoto was solid but we didn't exactly put him under any real pressure, mostly it was high balls up to Hardie and Miller which Mvoto dealt with easily. I think it was him that did the clumsy challenge on Danny Mullen for us to get a penalty in the league opened against you, i'd much rather have seen us running at him and playing it on the deck. 

The first half was end to end with both teams breaking up the pitch, 2nd half though Livi put in too many long balls and then just shored up defensively to hold out for the draw.  I think losing Byrne affected us though and that's prob why we hit so many long balls, then Thompson's red card put the tin hat on it and we def just wanted to take a draw, so on that regard it was job done and it puts us into 2nd place.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Don't think I've seen a more diving hammer throwing team all season, Pars were horrendous today.

Never a red card, Ryan has conned the ref all day long. It's a yellow, he's slipped as he's went into the tackle and I'm glad to hear Hoppy will be appealing it.

Mvoto should have been off for the elbow, and multiple Pars players should've been off for the numerous dives. Laugh of the day comes from Ryan falling over at the back post for an open goal with no one around him and still claiming. 

Ref shit himself today, we weren't spectacular but a point does us and we go up to second

Unsurprisingly, the highlights have shown you to be talking absolutely shite, fancy that. 

Irvine, MacKenzie, Baird, Davis, Eckersley, McGinn, Magennis, Cammy Smith, Sutton, Morgan, Stelios and Todd were all with us for the second half of last season.
The nucleus of our squad has actually been pretty stable, since last January's clear out.
Several of our players, who have been interviewed, have stated that the fact that the majority of our first choice XI played together last season, is just one of the reasons that we are where we are at present.
Reilly, Liam Smith, Samson and McShane are the four players that are "new" who are regulars in the 1st XI. 
Mullen and Flynn have been added during the window.
A lot of our turnover has been in relation to fringe players/loans being moved on.

I was counting last January as well.

Going by that 6 of your starting 11 are new signings this season, big players like mcginn and smith only joined months before hand. That isn't stable IMO.

17 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Only keepers would get away with this, not even a booking today. 

EEBEAA02-775D-4DC6-8FF6-848CFA2B6696.jpeg

That's one of my pet hates in football. Keepers get away with it all the time because they're seen to be 'protecting themselves'. Lot of nonsense. That's as clear a red card as you'll see.

Tbf Miller should be nowhere near Robinson at that point, it's that reason keepers will raise feet/knee's. Strikers regularly put themselves in a position where they can't play the ball but will inevitably collide with an airborne keeper, it creates a dangerous scenario.

Eta, Robinson ' s a dick who regularly behaves like a child but somehow has managed to avoid getting sent off with the regularity he should, but he hasn't done anything different to what his colleagues would do in that situation.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Can see why the ref gave a red given he was looking at the incident from a similar angle. Don't think it's a malicious tackle but definitely high. 

Will be interesting to see the tackle from the west stand.

You mean it will be interesting to look at it from an obstructed view? The referee and the highlights have the perfect view. 

Stick on red, few Livi fans (and manager) have absolutely fucked it in the post match comments. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Tbf Miller should be nowhere near Robinson at that point, it's that reason keepers will raise feet/knee's. Strikers regularly put themselves in a position where they can't play the ball but will inevitably collide with an airborne keeper, it creates a dangerous scenario.

Eta, Robinson ' s a dick who regularly behaves like a child but somehow has managed to avoid getting sent off with the regularity he should, but he hasn't done anything different to what his colleagues would do in that situation.

I've only seen the picture so can't comment on whether or not Miller should be challenging for the ball, but there's no excuse for putting your studs up, it's dangerous play and should be a foul. Robinson isn't the only keeper that does it, loads of them do it (Cerny did something similar yesterday against Celtic) and they all get away with it. If an outfield player jumped with their knee raised it would be a foul every time, if they jumped with their studs showing it would potentially be a red.

I've only seen the picture so can't comment on whether or not Miller should be challenging for the ball, but there's no excuse for putting your studs up, it's dangerous play and should be a foul. Robinson isn't the only keeper that does it, loads of them do it (Cerny did something similar yesterday against Celtic) and they all get away with it. If an outfield player jumped with their knee raised it would be a foul every time, if they jumped with their studs showing it would potentially be a red.

Outfield players just use their arms/elbows instead.

As you say, lots of keepers do it, and it isn't without reason, they must ensure they are strong in that scenario or they could be toppled, theirs been enough keepers with broken collerbones, dislocated shoulders etc to justify it whilst strikers create dangerous scenarios by preventing keepers from safely landing after taking a catch.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Outfield players just use their arms/elbows instead.

As you say, lots of keepers do it, and it isn't without reason, they must ensure they are strong in that scenario or they could be toppled, theirs been enough keepers with broken collerbones, dislocated shoulders etc to justify it whilst strikers create dangerous scenarios by preventing keepers from safely landing after taking a catch.

Fair point. I do think it's reasonable for a keeper to raise their knee, as they can't use their arms if they're trying to catch the ball, but putting your studs up is dangerous. That's a nasty one that Miller got there.

56 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Going by that 6 of your starting 11 are new signings this season, big players like mcginn and smith only joined months before hand. That isn't stable IMO.

Only four up until last week.

Flynn only started last week, and Mullen has been a sub.

Anyway, I'm happy with our stability, and we wouldn't be 20 (twenty) points ahead of you if we hadn't retained the majority of our first picks from last season.;)

I'd forgotten about Hippolyte.

Maybe you have a point.:P

*goes to take a goal kick. Kicks the post*
Every time.
His distribution is absolutely woeful as well.

Alexander did that at every goal-kick, too. As well as the standard switching to the other side of the six yard box. At least in Robinson’s case, that was routine.. Alexander was just being a fanny.

Out-fudding Lee Robinson at a game of time-wasting shite-baggery takes some doing. Hats off to him.

I’ve got to say the Dunfermline highlights are pretty damning of the tackle, but I’ll hold judgement further until I see our footage. 
One of the press guys who at the time thought it was a straight red card and had no doubt at all had then seen our footage from the different angle and wasn’t convinced at all. 
If it shows otherwise I’ll happily hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. 
Tbh the refereeing performance really covered up what was a poor performance from us yesterday, too many high balls up which just wasn’t the way to play against a big defensive unit.
we done well to get a draw considering it was such a poor performance and we had 10 men for 25 minutes. 

What are you expecting to see in the Livi highlights that’s you can’t see in the DAFC package?

53 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Are we any different to other teams at this level? 

Throw in a managerial change and I reckon we're about par (sic) for the course.

How many of your current players were regulars 18 months ago - more pertinently if you change manager how many of the current lot will be starting in 18 months?

26 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Fair point. I do think it's reasonable for a keeper to raise their knee, as they can't use their arms if they're trying to catch the ball, but putting your studs up is dangerous. That's a nasty one that Miller got there.

It's really not, it looks allot worse than it actually is. 

Are we any different to other teams at this level? 
Throw in a managerial change and I reckon we're about par (sic) for the course.
How many of your current players were regulars 18 months ago - more pertinently if you change manager how many of the current lot will be starting in 18 months?

No, that was my original point, I wouldn't be worried about a big turnover in players, it is the norm.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

It’s as clear a red as you’re likely to see :lol:

Genuinely bewildered as to why anyone would suggest otherwise. 

Looks like straight leg, with studs showing, making clear contact half way up lower leg.

Looks like a red to me.

IIRC Gary Irvine was sent off v LIvingston earlier in the season for a similar straight leg challenge, albeit from a lower trajectory.

Always gives me a giggle when fans complain about time wasting. I’d say given the circumstances it would’ve been very surprising if we weren’t playing out for a draw. Even more surprising would’ve been if our 39 year old ‘keeper, probably the most experienced player in the division, wasn’t at it. Says more about the referee that he didn’t even have a word with Alexander at any point.

Can’t disagree with any of the points about Robinson, the intent was obviously there. Hasn’t he always been a dick?

How many years do you have to be there to be deemed stable?

Always gives me a giggle when fans complain about time wasting. I’d say given the circumstances it would’ve been very surprising if we weren’t playing out for a draw. Even more surprising would’ve been if our 39 year old ‘keeper, probably the most experienced player in the division, wasn’t at it. Says more about the referee that he didn’t even have a word with Alexander at any point.

Can’t disagree with any of the points about Robinson, the intent was obviously there. Hasn’t he always been a dick?

Alexander didn't do anything I wouldn't want my own player to be doing in similar circumstances, and I would actually wonder if you hadn't got the draw would their have been questions from hopkin about others not doing similar.

I would hope a referee would be wise to that and have a word early with a booking following if it continues, it's the only way to stop it, otherwise the players (particularly keepers) are rightly going to take as long as they can.

Since we are talking of pet - hates that's one of mine, ref's don't appear to be aware of circumstances like that, it seems a case of them seeing someone taking longer but it not clicking they are doing it for clear tactical reasons and they will continue to do unless they take action to stop it.

Similarly teams will as part of their pre-match preparation look at video of their opponents and try to build an understanding of how they will play and what to watch out for. It doesn't look like ref's do the same, they seem to be completely unaware on how certain players will push the rules.

Archived