Livingston v Dunfermline

Depends, I'm not sure what level Layne's played at before, for a big guy Hardie has great ball control and is a good finisher. Seems to be what we were missing + comes free on loan. He's out of contract at the end of the season so possibly there's a deal to be done

To be fair, I don’t think Pars fans are the best people to judge Hardie. When he played against us with Raith or St Mirren, he was very poor and he was poor yesterday. When I’ve seen him, he looks very lightweight and has snatched at any chances - one that sticks out is he was 1-on-1 with our keeper last season, then panicked, slowed down, and started taking the ball wide for no apparent reason, before Morris caught up with him and easily brushed him off the ball. However, there’s no doubting that he has a food record at this level. Scored more than McManus, in a poor Raith side, and McManus has been very good for us. I don’t doubt that Hardie is a good player at this level, I just haven’t seen him play particularly well.

As with Andy Ryan yesterday, Hardie, from what I’ve seen, is very lightweight and goes down at any physical challenge. That frustrated me from Ryan, who was absolutely terrible all game. He got bullied and was going down at absolutely every opportunity, despite 90% of challenges being totally fine. This meant that, when he was fouled, the referee would assume he was just being a wimp again. First half in particular, Hardie was doing the same. Quite a few times he was easily beaten in the air by M’Voto and he hit the deck, moaning to the ref/linesman for no apparent reason. Also seemed to go down at most tackles and claim fouls when the ball was cleanly won.

Of course, Livi fans won’t accept that, cause it’s only our players that went down easily yesterday. Not like Hardie, Miller and Cadden went down at every opportunity. Seriously, both sides were as bad as each other. But I’ll probably be shot down for suggesting this, since Livi fans on here seem to think that their players can do no wrong. I mean, some of you are actually arguing that Byrne shouldn’t have been booked for a very poor challenge, because he ended up getting hurt in it...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

some of you are actually arguing that Byrne shouldn’t have been booked for a very poor challenge, because he ended up getting hurt in it...

:lol: Everyone who's commented on it has said the ref got it right. Why are you making stuff up?

The reaction from our fans at the end says it all about us, not even a disgruntled peep despite our season now effectively being over. Big well done to the board for backing their man, they may now reap the benefits unfortunately. 

Cue Poet ect coming along any minute to defend what surely is now proving to be an indefensible decision to keep this charlatan in charge. Fucking sick of having the joy and entertainment taken out of every match with pathetic shitebag 'tactics'. We are better than this apathy drenched trough this clown has dragged us, and kept us in for months now. 

Ref was shite also. 

The reaction from our fans at the end says it all about us, not even a disgruntled peep despite our season now effectively being over. Big well done to the board for backing their man, they may now reap the benefits unfortunately. 
Cue Poet ect coming along any minute to defend what surely is now proving to be an indefensible decision to keep this charlatan in charge. Fucking sick of having the joy and entertainment taken out of every match with pathetic shitebag 'tactics'. We are better than this apathy drenched trough this clown has dragged us, and kept us in for months now. 
Ref was shite also. 

What do we achieve by sacking him?

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

What do we achieve by sacking him?

A fresh set of eyes on the squad to potentially develop for next season? A clean slate for all players? Hopefully a real football manager who can adapt to situations in games to benefit our club? Possibility of a higher league placing/better payout for higher placing? An end to the stale atmosphere created for months? 

At the end of the day he's not staying past the seasons end SURELY and pretty much the whole squads out of contract as of then so essentially we need someone in before the end of the season or they're gonna be very busy in the transfer window, which in itself is rather a funny ironic comment given the Scottish Peps last summer signing spree which has fucked us ever since. 

A fresh set of eyes on the squad to potentially develop for next season? A clean slate for all players? Hopefully a real football manager who can adapt to situations in games to benefit our club? Possibility of a higher league placing/better payout for higher placing? An end to the stale atmosphere created for months? 
At the end of the day he's not staying past the seasons end SURELY and pretty much the whole squads out of contract as of then so essentially we need someone in before the end of the season or they're gonna be very busy in the transfer window, which in itself is rather a funny ironic comment given the Scottish Peps last summer signing spree which has fucked us ever since. 

A high turnover of players is natural at this level, it's not something that particularly concerns me.

I'm doubtful any additional prize money would pay for a new management team, everything else you have stated is unquantifiable rubbish.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A high turnover of players is natural at this level, it's not something that particularly concerns me.

I'm doubtful any additional prize money would pay for a new management team, everything else you have stated is unquantifiable rubbish.

No worries bud. How big was St Mirrens squad turnover this season? Or Livis? Or Mortons? Or any other team that's doing well? I'm glad it doesn't concern you though Sir Alex. 

I think we have no option other than stay with AJ now. I called for it before Xmas but really even then there was no option available. I noticed also yesterday that despite being a man up and having a chance to win lots of pars fans were more concerned about getting out early to have a chance of getting out of the useless car park in under half an hour.
Both teams played utter shitfest hoofball it was awful. I thought Hopkin would be an alternative but no wonder livvy get junior crowds with play like that.
We have zero creativity now but look a little more solid.
Still no idea why we didn't bring on two wingers as soon as Thomson was sent off?

:lol: Everyone who's commented on it has said the ref got it right. Why are you making stuff up?

I take it you haven’t watched the YouTube link that one of your fans posted on this thread, where they were complaining about it? And you ignored the amount of fans that booed the decision to book him?

Watched the highlights. Still think it’s a red card, although wasn’t quite as bad as it looked at the time. I still don’t think it looks like a slip. Looks like the guy is going in very high on Ryan and then also lifts his other foot. 2 feet off the ground and catching an opponent that high? Red card every day of the week.

No worries bud. How big was St Mirrens squad turnover this season? Or Livis? Or Mortons? Or any other team that's doing well? I'm glad it doesn't concern you though Sir Alex. 

The turnover at St mirren over the last year has been massive, fair enough they have improved on what they've had but they aren't exactly a great example of squad stability

On another note, I just read the first page of this thread. Isn’t it bizarre how much things can change in a month and a bit?

We were worrying about Morris being suspended and M’Voto having to play, for the initial date of the match. For the rearranged match, we were pleased that Morris was dropped and were happy with an M’Voto and Ashcroft partnership!

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Ref was shite also. 

That's strong stuff though I have heard it before from our own fans rightly I would say. AJ brought  you up  so I can understand why the board are sticking by him. Our first game at East End you were the best team I have still seen to date. Our second visit while you have some good players your flare had gone. Anyway rather your problem than ours. 

I’ve got to say the Dunfermline highlights are pretty damning of the tackle, but I’ll hold judgement further until I see our footage. 

One of the press guys who at the time thought it was a straight red card and had no doubt at all had then seen our footage from the different angle and wasn’t convinced at all. 

If it shows otherwise I’ll happily hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. 

Tbh the refereeing performance really covered up what was a poor performance from us yesterday, too many high balls up which just wasn’t the way to play against a big defensive unit.

we done well to get a draw considering it was such a poor performance and we had 10 men for 25 minutes. 

16 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Only keepers would get away with this, not even a booking today. 

EEBEAA02-775D-4DC6-8FF6-848CFA2B6696.jpeg

If a centre forward goes in like that on a goalkeeper they're getting a red card and a hate campaign in the media for months whether they make contact or not. The over-protection of goalkeepers by referees has gone so far that it's endangering other players: they get away with far too much.

It doesn't matter what position you play or where the ball is, going into a challenge with your feet in that position is absolutely fucking disgraceful.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

The turnover at St mirren over the last year has been massive, fair enough they have improved on what they've had but they aren't exactly a great example of squad stability

Irvine, MacKenzie, Baird, Davis, Eckersley, McGinn, Magennis, Cammy Smith, Sutton, Morgan, Stelios and Todd were all with us for the second half of last season.

The nucleus of our squad has actually been pretty stable, since last January's clear out.

Several of our players, who have been interviewed, have stated that the fact that the majority of our first choice XI played together last season, is just one of the reasons that we are where we are at present.

Reilly, Liam Smith, Samson and McShane are the four players that are "new" who are regulars in the 1st XI. 

Mullen and Flynn have been added during the window.

A lot of our turnover has been in relation to fringe players/loans being moved on.

Archived