Livingston v Dunfermline

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ever since Boruc fucking halved Craig Dargo for an offence that should have warranted two red cards, I have fucking hated the leeway given to keepers.

Get nudged and they fall over as if they’ve been clattered, but think it’s acceptable to do something like this and act all innocent, does my head in too.  

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we shaded the first half but Dunfermline were the better team in the 2nd half, esp after Thompson's red card. Wasn't sure why he got it tbh, didn't see him doing anything  that looked like a red. Byrne could've got a red though, studs up and two footed when he got injured, prob lucky to only get a yellow, and Mvoto was also lucky only getting a yellow. Robinson was cringe falling down trying to get Miller sent off, big girls blouse was hardly touched with enough force to even push him back, was barely a chest bump.

We hit too many long balls which Mvoto easily dealt with, disappointed we didn't play more on the deck like we did against Falkirk last week, but we defended well, esp the backs to the wall near the end, by then we were clearly playing for a draw and happy to waste time when Alexander got the ball. I think the draw was a better result for us than the Pars with the way the game panned out, I know I was happy when the whistle went anyway, as we were pretty much camped in our half at the end with both Miller and Hardie taken off for 2 small attacking midfielders. Thought McMillan did well when he came on to steady the ship in defence too.

1 hour ago, snorkie said:

Far to many players wearing carpet slippers today for both teams ,it really does spoil any flow to the game . Quite happy with the point in the end ,very disappointed the way we reacted to going a man down ,sometimes it works to your advantage not today we just sat back deeper as the game went on . Hopkins needs to get the balance right ide drop miller and bring Mullin back in as we seem to be lacking in decent delivery into the box ...offensively we were piss poor today against a team there for the taking .

I thought we dropped deeper well before Thompson got sent off, but after his red card we gave up altogether in trying to get a goal and just booted it up the pitch for it to come straight back at us time and again. I think Byrne going off affected us though, we didn't have a like for like replacement and lost the midfield, so reverted to long balls.

Will have to look at the highlights again as it looked like M'voto got booked for heading Miller but the Livi fans are saying it was an elbow. Byrne was a definite yellow, Beadling looked a definite yellow that could have been red if the ref was stricter but he let so many things go - mostly niggly little things like pushes in the back when going up for headers etc. - that he made a rod for his back when a bad one did come in. Thought Ryan was barged in the back but it would have been a soft award. The red looked really bad from the away end - very high, at pace and with no control - so I'm genuinely surprised Livi fans are arguing about it. Thought the one in the first half was just as bad; two feet off the ground and above the ball, but the ref didn't even give a free kick. Also bizarre that Livi fans are talking about diving when the only one I remember was Pittman in the first half.

The worst thing other than the ref was our clueless manager not making more changes. Cardle on the bench, who won a (more than dubious) penalty at the same ground last time out. Aird on the bench, who had his best game for us against Livi at East End. Shiels on the bench, who plays best in the hole behind the two strikers but he persists with Clark, an out and out striker in that position. Vincent plays the 90 minutes despite him apparently not being fit enough to even play 10 minutes last week. If we somehow make the play-offs it'll be despite him, not due to him.

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Will have to look at the highlights again as it looked like M'voto got booked for heading Miller but the Livi fans are saying it was an elbow. Byrne was a definite yellow, Beadling looked a definite yellow that could have been red if the ref was stricter but he let so many things go - mostly niggly little things like pushes in the back when going up for headers etc. - that he made a rod for his back when a bad one did come in. Thought Ryan was barged in the back but it would have been a soft award. The red looked really bad from the away end - very high, at pace and with no control - so I'm genuinely surprised Livi fans are arguing about it. Thought the one in the first half was just as bad; two feet off the ground and above the ball, but the ref didn't even give a free kick. Also bizarre that Livi fans are talking about diving when the only one I remember was Pittman in the first half.

The worst thing other than the ref was our clueless manager not making more changes. Cardle on the bench, who won a (more than dubious) penalty at the same ground last time out. Aird on the bench, who had his best game for us against Livi at East End. Shiels on the bench, who plays best in the hole behind the two strikers but he persists with Clark, an out and out striker in that position. Vincent plays the 90 minutes despite him apparently not being fit enough to even play 10 minutes last week. If we somehow make the play-offs it'll be despite him, not due to him.

Anyone that's seen the footage so far has said it will absolutely be overturned on appeal. Never a red any day of the week

I find it very surprising the amount of Dumfermlyne fans who are saying that Ryan wasn't falling around all game.
At some point in the second half a ball was played over and he went for it, slipped and lay on his back constantly looking and shouting at the ref waving his arms in the air.
There wasn't a Livi player within at least 8 yards of him at the time he fell down.
Absolutely embarrassing. He did it all game.
And the previously mentioned Pittman "dive" his shirt was being pulled throughout the entire encounter.
The red was never a red and the footage should show that.

Ref was woeful today. And honestly how on earth anyone would watch Dumferlyne on a weekly basis is beyond me. Utter garbage, dirty, clugging arseholes.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Surprised at how much livvy fans are in denial about how much of a thuggish gang most of their players were today.

Whopper !!!

We are hard but fair, none of this play acting trying to our players booked or sent off, sneaky studs from your keeper and big flying elbows from that monster of a defender, then there was the gust of wind that blew Ryan over in our box :thumsup2

Stay Classy Pars !

I also hate how much protection keepers get because leading with the high knee is far more dangerous than the elbow, however, that is the modern game and for the Livingston player to react was silly. I thought the referee was hopeless today giving fouls for pretty innocuous stuff but missing out blatant infringements on both sides, how no action was taken for their 11 shoving Williamson over when he was nowhere near the ball Ill never know, this was all part of the games mismanagement by not giving out yellow cards and speaking to the players things got out of hand and some of the challenges today were outrageous. I think we should have got a penalty before halftime and my instinct watching Beadling and the Livi players challenges that they were both red cards, if excessive force is all it takes now to get sent off then they fitted the bill perfectly.

Another gripe I have watching Scottish football is the referee holding his hand up when the keepers take ages to take a goal kick, just book him the first time and play on, today was a perfect example of that. 

I'm fairly happy with the point and I really hope Livi overtake Unt now in the league. Why Cardle wasn't brought on for Vincent I'm not sure and Willaimson didn't seem to keen to burst forward which might of cause some issue for their 6 man defense.

eta Hardie really is woeful I'm surprised he washed up with you guys as he was awful with Raith.

Whopper !!!
We are hard but fair, none of this play acting trying to our players booked or sent off, sneaky studs from your keeper and big flying elbows from that monster of a defender, then there was the gust of wind that blew Ryan over in our box :thumsup2

Stay Classy Pars !

Not an elbow

Just now, Adam101 said:

I also hate how much protection keepers get because leading with the high knee is far more dangerous than the elbow, however, that is the modern game and for the Livingston player to react was silly. I thought the referee was hopeless today giving fouls for pretty innocuous stuff but missing out blatant infringements on both sides, how no action was taken for their 11 shoving Williamson over when he was nowhere near the ball Ill never know, this was all part of the games mismanagement by not giving out yellow cards and speaking to the players things got out of hand and some of the challenges today were outrageous. I think we should have got a penalty before halftime and my instinct watching Beadling and the Livi players challenges that they were both red cards, if excessive force is all it takes now to get sent off then they fitted the bill perfectly.

Another gripe I have watching Scottish football is the referee holding his hand up when the keepers take ages to take a goal kick, just book him the first time and play on, today was a perfect example of that. 

I'm fairly happy with the point and I really hope Livi overtake Unt now in the league. Why Cardle wasn't brought on for Vincent I'm not sure and Willaimson didn't seem to keen to burst forward which might of cause some issue for their 6 man defense.

eta Hardie really is woeful I'm surprised he washed up with you guys as he was awful with Raith.

Already have, we went above them after the draw today. 

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not an elbow

Pretty sure it was, that's just a picture , lets see the footage and then I will stand corrected, I stand by all the other carry on from your players though, that's pretty irrefutable

17 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

3 goals in 3 starts is woeful?

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Only keepers would get away with this, not even a booking today. 

EEBEAA02-775D-4DC6-8FF6-848CFA2B6696.jpeg

I caught some of the cup game on BBC 1 earlier and the Thistle keeper got away with the same thing, except he kicked the player instead of leading with the knee. This sort of thing has been happening for years.

2 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Pretty sure it was, that's just a picture , lets see the footage and then I will stand corrected, I stand by all the other carry on from your players though, that's pretty irrefutable

Don't doubt our players were at it, but to pretend your team don't do the same sort of things is nonsense. They do, as do the vast majority of teams. It doesn't make it right and I wish teams wouldn't, but the sad reality is that they do, although some teams and some individual players are worse than others.

3 goals in 3 starts is woeful?

Why didn’t he start today? I thought that boy from Hearts was far more useful in the games earlier in the season, however I’ve only seen Livi play 3 times this season

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Why didn’t he start today? I thought that boy from Hearts was far more useful in the games earlier in the season, however I’ve only seen Livi play 3 times this season

Hardie did start? :D His goals so far have been good, done a lot of work. Just got nullified by Mvoto all day long

Archived