Livingston v Dunfermline

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

TBF i worked in livvy and it is very exposed and prone to colder weather. Why didn't you install undersoil when you had the money? Were you not in the spl when it was a requirement?
Postponement doesn't bother me but leaving it late does.

We did have undersoil hearing when we got to the SPL but it has either been decommissioned or is just not used now. It costs Several £k per match to use (needs to be on for several days before the game so it is not viable for a club like Livi with such a small gate.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFAIK the undersoil heating was taken out when the pitch was last relaid. No real need for it given the return is fairly minimal financially, if that, and damages the pitch in the long term. Given our location and the fact the South goal gets no sun at this time of year, a 4G pitch should be the only viable solution.

Just now, Rob1885 said:

We called a game off against Livingston in between Xmas and New Year in 2008.

It's Scotland. Shit weather happens.

So you did, and our bus carrying the fans was already on its way to the game when it was called off, iirc they went to an East Fife game instead.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So you did, and our bus carrying the fans was already on its way to the game when it was called off, iirc they went to an East Fife game instead.

Remember it well, East Fife v Brechin, one of the coldest games ive ever been too, and was utterly dreadful too, sure it finished 2-1 to the home side. 

11 minutes ago, mikedafc said:
On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:24, Ayia Napa Daz said:
What would you do then parsforlife? Seeing as you're quite the groundsman what should happen?

Your ground does have Undersoil Heating maybe should put it on

The undersoil heating was ripped up when the pitch was done a few years back. Wasn't getting used and I'm sure I read somewhere the club sold it as scrap to make some cash.

2 hours ago, mikedafc said:
On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:24, Ayia Napa Daz said:
What would you do then parsforlife? Seeing as you're quite the groundsman what should happen?

Your ground does have Undersoil Heating maybe should put it on

It does not. It was taken out when the park was redone. 

On 27/12/2017 at 14:06, D.A.F.C said:

TBF i worked in livvy and it is very exposed and prone to colder weather. Why didn't you install undersoil when you had the money? Were you not in the spl when it was a requirement?
Postponement doesn't bother me but leaving it late does.

Ffs! We have USH, BUT its to expensive to run given the crowd. 

Game off ~ snow forecast on Friday and rain on Saturday = LARGE puddles 

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Ffs! We have USH, BUT its to expensive to run given the crowd. 

Game off ~ snow forecast on Friday and rain on Saturday = LARGE puddles 

No we don't. It was ripped out years ago when the pitch got redone.

Archived