(Dumbar)Ton Vs. (Mor)Ton - 30/12/2017

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, microdave said:

On a Tuesday. Unless we both get papped out the Scottish Cup in the next round, in which case we'll both have a free Saturday in February.

Won’t happen. We’re going to the final this year. :) 

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

https://gmfc.net/2017/01/31/tonights-under-20s-game-postponed/

Doesn't have a point of view,

Knows not where he's going to,

Isn't he a bit like you and me ?

That's feckin priceless,given the mouth-on-a-stick comments that went before. What a minter.

Post of the year so far for me, especially when paired with Nowhereman's sig as above.

No need to applaud me: you should applaud the excellent groundsman and staff that a competent and professional club employs to stop their pitch from being an unplayable mess on a Saturday afternoon. 

Kind of a pity the last time we visited your stadium it took them 45 minutes to get us in due to your shambolic new ticketing system

ooh, touchy - was the New Year hangover kicking in?
"A lack of adequate legroom for even a person of average height" is arrant nonsense and typical of the exaggeration I mentioned earlier. And the legroom's the same for the home fans so any implied discrimination against away fans doesn't bear scrutiny.
As for any lack of running water in the away end toilets, as far as I'm aware that  was a short term issue sorted long ago.  Made me laugh when I read it tho as I can well remember the two or three battered, fetid, smelly Portaloos at Boghead that were expected to meet the needs of the away support. Maybe people who lived with crass (shite)houses shouldn't throw stones.......
As far as "bravado" goes, wrong word entirely. I pointed out that you hadn't provided any response to back up your statement, and you still haven't come up with anything credible. Not gonna comment on the Judge Rinder remark as I've never clapped eyes on the geezer, except to say I doubt it hits the mark any more than the rest of your posts that I've addressed.

Nope, no hangover here. I did however enjoy New Year, thus my non-reply within 3 days. I hope you had a good New Year as well.

The 'adequate legroom' argument is no more nonsense than any other gripe.

If you paid to go to the cinema, theatre, dinner, whatever, and found yourself cramped and without sufficient legroom to allow you not to have your legs either turned to the side or against your chest, you'd complain. And don't even pretend you, and most others wouldn't. You would, so it's as valid as any other complaint.

I certainly don't think I've implied that there's any discrimination against away fans at cappielow. I certainly don't feel that. I do feel though that due to being housed in such a stand (home fan, away fan or neutral) you're not properly catered for.

The water issue may well have been rectified quickly, it just pours a bit of scorn on the whole completely 'professional and capable' argument made by some (ok, one. VT) here. The truth is that things happen, be it plumbing issues, ticketing issues or getting a park playable (our ground staff are superb, just to mention), and both clubs and others, are subject to issues arising. Nobody's perfect.

No need to applaud me: you should applaud the excellent groundsman and staff that a competent and professional club employs to stop their pitch from being an unplayable mess on a Saturday afternoon. 

I'm not sure I can post anything which would convey my point as succinctly as Nowhereman, so I'll just leave his post below for you to muse over.

18 hours ago, aftershocker said:

Kind of a pity the last time we visited your stadium it took them 45 minutes to get us in due to your shambolic new ticketing system

Feel free to direct that criticism to the chief executive, as countless Morton fans have already done. Not sure what it has to do with failing to get your pitch playable for a Saturday fixture though. 

23 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Not being played on a Saturday afternoon, as it was not a professional league game and therefore not worthy of the club's time and resources. Three swings, three misses.

Thanks for playing anyway champ. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Not being played on a Saturday afternoon, as it was not a professional league game and therefore not worthy of the club's time and resources. Three swings, three misses.

Quote: "After two inches of rainfall overnight and throughout the day, certain areas of the park, particularly the standside, have been deemed unplayable."

.....therefore it would also have been unplayable for the big team on a Saturday.

but thanks for playing anyway. Champ.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Poor effort but probably the best you could do under the circumstances

Quote: "After two inches of rainfall overnight and throughout the day, certain areas of the park, particularly the standside, have been deemed unplayable."
.....therefore it would also have been unplayable for the big team on a Saturday.
but thanks for playing anyway. Champ.

Good thing it was a Tuesday night then and we were away to Queen of the South the following Saturday.

Archived