Celtic v The Rangers*

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BY PAUL67 ON 29TH DECEMBER 2017CQN BLOG & COMMENTS

I was pretty nonplussed when Bobby Madden was appointed for our game against Newco at Celtic Park last season. His favourite team is neither here nor there, but elements of his performance gave grounds for concern.

He should have red carded Jason Holt for his dangerous lunge on Patrick Roberts. The same card should have been shown to Clint Hill and awarded a penalty for the scything of Leigh Griffiths. Kenny Miller could have been sent off for a two-footed lunge at Stuart Armstrong. These incidents were not merely in favour of one team, they could clearly affect betting markets.

Money can be made on more than just the result in football games. You can bet on a red card being awarded, or not. If Madden awarded Celtic that late penalty, he would had no choice but to dismiss (already booked) Hill. The Halliday challenge had to either be ignored, or result in a sending off. So Madden didn’t even award a foul.

For a man with the length and extent of Bobby Madden’s gambling issue, this raises red flags. Thousands can be made on knowing the outcome of a seemingly innocuous element of a game of football – like ‘Will there be a red card?’ Only for the game against Newco at Celtic Park, there was nothing innocuous about that question.

Madden cost Celtic two points the last time these teams met at Celtic Park and stopped our then-18 game winning run. Betting markets were influenced at the same time. I fear we are in for more of the same tomorrow.

The SFA have a duty of care to ensure our game is clean of betting influence, this must include a clear acknowledgement of referees gambling histories.  I’d avoid betting on tomorrow’s game, it is susceptible to unusual events.

:lol:

Guest Moomintroll
BY PAUL67 ON 29TH DECEMBER 2017CQN BLOG & COMMENTS

I was pretty nonplussed when Bobby Madden was appointed for our game against Newco at Celtic Park last season. His favourite team is neither here nor there, but elements of his performance gave grounds for concern.

He should have red carded Jason Holt for his dangerous lunge on Patrick Roberts. The same card should have been shown to Clint Hill and awarded a penalty for the scything of Leigh Griffiths. Kenny Miller could have been sent off for a two-footed lunge at Stuart Armstrong. These incidents were not merely in favour of one team, they could clearly affect betting markets.

Money can be made on more than just the result in football games. You can bet on a red card being awarded, or not. If Madden awarded Celtic that late penalty, he would had no choice but to dismiss (already booked) Hill. The Halliday challenge had to either be ignored, or result in a sending off. So Madden didn’t even award a foul.

For a man with the length and extent of Bobby Madden’s gambling issue, this raises red flags. Thousands can be made on knowing the outcome of a seemingly innocuous element of a game of football – like ‘Will there be a red card?’ Only for the game against Newco at Celtic Park, there was nothing innocuous about that question.

Madden cost Celtic two points the last time these teams met at Celtic Park and stopped our then-18 game winning run. Betting markets were influenced at the same time. I fear we are in for more of the same tomorrow.

The SFA have a duty of care to ensure our game is clean of betting influence, this must include a clear acknowledgement of referees gambling histories.  I’d avoid betting on tomorrow’s game, it is susceptible to unusual events.

[emoji38]

Christ on a bike, much as I detest the poisonous bigotry that emanates from your arse cheek, that is world class victim paranoia. How do OF obsessives/religious bigots/ terrorist apologists (delete as applicable) actually function in life on a day to day basis?

My pal has invited me round to his to watch this spectacle. I haven’t watched 90 minutes of Old Firm magic for ages. Last time was probably when they had decent players like Larsson and those Dutch lads.

Should I cheer the plucky underdogs (Sevco), cheer the dominant overlords of Scottish football (Celtic), or stay neutral? It’s a toughie. Now that Rangers are dead and Sevco are little better than Motherwell or St Johnstone, maybe I should back them out of pity. But I don’t really pity them.

My pal has invited me round to his to watch this spectacle. I haven’t watched 90 minutes of Old Firm magic for ages. Last time was probably when they had decent players like Larsson and those Dutch lads.

Should I cheer the plucky underdogs (Sevco), cheer the dominant overlords of Scottish football (Celtic), or stay neutral? It’s a toughie. Now that Rangers are dead and Sevco are little better than Motherwell or St Johnstone, maybe I should back them out of pity. But I don’t really pity them.

Rangers fans generally have the best meltdowns so seeing them pumped is what I'm going for. Celtic fans seem totally blasé about defeats now, whole Rangers fans spend the next week demanding everyone at the club gets sacked

Sevco undoubtedly the gift that keeps giving, appointing Jimmy Nic as assistant is almost as farcical as giving Murty the gig till the end of the season.

I can half see the reasoning behind the appointment, trying to marrying Jimmy's experience with the relatively youthful, naive & inexperienced Murty may be a master stroke, I can only see it ending in disaster, imo Jimmy is not only senior in age but his tactical & football nous is stuck in the 90s, I cannot envisage this appointment has the blessing of Murty himself, and has been forced upon him by the incompetence board.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that Jimmy Nicholl the one who was manager of Cowden when hearts beat them 10-0?

The very same 1, mind you he also guided Raith to the league cup winning against Celtic in the final which I think was staged at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

If only they could both implode up their own arse......that would be nice.

Archived