Generic Angus Seaside Team #372 v Dry Husk FC

I thought Isaac did ok - agree Connor needed hooked earlier and again no idea why Sinclair was hooked.

Individual / collective errors is costing us - so can not be overly critical of Dods. However yesterday he could have been more positive when we went a man up.

ICT took a striker off and put a defender on but we just put Crighton up top. 

I know that two players are moving on to make room for others - who the others are I have no idea. But the tactics need to reflect and be responsive to what is going on during the game.

Onwards.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times have we lost out by the odd goal in games we should have won  ? 
But I suppose you are right .  If my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle. 

Heard on the radio that including yesterday it’s 10 times this season we have been beat by a single goal!

7 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Heard on the radio that including yesterday it’s 10 times this season we have been beat by a single goal!

A little bit more ambition and we might have had some ones a draws in there.

Time to cut loose and go for it in the second half.

23 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

I thought Isaac did ok - agree Connor needed hooked earlier and again no idea why Sinclair was hooked.

Individual / collective errors is costing us - so can not be overly critical of Dods. However yesterday he could have been more positive when we went a man up.

ICT took a striker off and put a defender on but we just put Crighton up top. 

I know that two players are moving on to make room for others - who the others are I have no idea. But the tactics need to reflect and be responsive to what is going on during the game.

Onwards.

I think yesterday was possibly the first time I have seen us not giving it a real go in the second half  as has been the norm . I think with us being a goal up at the interval might have pushed the shut up shop button as is the standard Scottish coaching procedure in such circumstances .  8)

That was probably the hardest defeat to take outwith the two Dumbarton games. When you are leading after an hour and playing against 10 men for a good chunk of the second half, you expect to get something from the game. Unfortunately sloppy defending and individual mistakes are continuing to cost us.

We created enough chances yesterday but still think we are operating a little too defensively. I think Dods needs to have a little more faith in his side to take the game to the opposition, we won't earn any plaudits by running teams close every week. As mentioned above, I'm surprised at the substitution of Sinclair and the fact we didn't use a third sub.

I thought McLennan's thunderbolt against Pars last week was going to be our goal of the season but I think Sinclairs yesterday just shades it. That was absolutely sublime technique and a superb assist from Connor.

I loved the fact your goalkeeper got the smile wiped off his face after he couldn't stop our second and then decided to stop time wasting. It was also nice to see your club actually replaced all the broken seats in your stand. Ha ha ha 7 nil to Celtic in the cup enjoy the first division next season. 

27 minutes ago, ThomWy said:

I loved the fact your goalkeeper got the smile wiped off his face after he couldn't stop our second and then decided to stop time wasting. It was also nice to see your club actually replaced all the broken seats in your stand. Ha ha ha 7 nil to Celtic in the cup enjoy the first division next season. 

Ah bless you enjoying the school holidays then what did Santa bring you :lol:

Highlights from the ICT YouTube account up now:

Hell of a strike for the Brechin second. Some effort from Polworth losing the ball then completely giving up. 

Archived