The Huge Rovers V Stranraer

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Looks like they fully expect it to go ahead but due to the distance for Stranraer to travel, they’ve requested an early pitch inspection.

Sounded like they fully expected the Albion game to as well.

9 hours ago, ThePoohBear said:

What i have been hearing they are cutting the costs now rather than leaving it to late. Not as bad as last time which was around £250,000 in the red but its still bad, where the money has went and pointing the finger of blame is a for another day. Getting a competitive team as possible to stay in this league is just as much a priority than sorting out the bank account. As i really dont want to drop to league 2 with the relegation out of the leagues looming when you are in that division.

Yip fair enough Pooh , most seem to be happy with Chairman’s comments but for me he doesn’t answer the main question of where the money we received from Sky etc ( £80k ) went and if things are as bad as last time why are we rushing into action and letting one of our best players go , that is not a balance between saving money yet still doing the best thing for the team. Looks like panic to me , if as we are led to believe there is no great panic why not save money by cutting the size of our squad as there are several players that never feature in the first team and some that have played but just not good enough, that would save money but still keep a decent team on the park.

we must have made it common knowledge that our full team is up for sale and we are prepared to off load whoever we get interest in , not the actions of a board that has breathing space to make savings . Wallace is our only decent striker and with Stoney also gone who are we going to play up front Okoh!!! 

It just doesn’t add up , we have no debt ( according to Chairman ) but losing money , so we are left to assume we have an overdraft with the bank that has reached its limit and been told cheques will not be honoured so immediate steps need to be taken .Very worrying especially if other players leave , where does it stop , 

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Yip fair enough Pooh , most seem to be happy with Chairman’s comments but for me he doesn’t answer the main question of where the money we received from Sky etc ( £80k ) went and if things are as bad as last time why are we rushing into action and letting one of our best players go , that is not a balance between saving money yet still doing the best thing for the team. Looks like panic to me , if as we are led to believe there is no great panic why not save money by cutting the size of our squad as there are several players that never feature in the first team and some that have played but just not good enough, that would save money but still keep a decent team on the park.

we must have made it common knowledge that our full team is up for sale and we are prepared to off load whoever we get interest in , not the actions of a board that has breathing space to make savings . Wallace is our only decent striker and with Stoney also gone who are we going to play up front Okoh!!! 

It just doesn’t add up , we have no debt ( according to Chairman ) but losing money , so we are left to assume we have an overdraft with the bank that has reached its limit and been told cheques will not be honoured so immediate steps need to be taken .Very worrying especially if other players leave , where does it stop , 

Kvz - it’s just possible we have spent down the 80 k over the last 18 months since the rangers game , , that’s a subsidy of 5k a month , hardly a kings ransom , if we were spending , hoping for a run in the cup and a payday , it’s not surprising we have to cut our cloth as Cosmo puts it ,  i know money has also been spent on the upkeep of the park as well .

better to stop spending before it runs out  - let’s hope we have a couple of gems in the rough in the 20’s  

Where do YOU think the money went ? Or is it better to ask open accusative  questions , that call into question the people who run the club pretty much for free 

jings    Calm down

while I,m here , mon the toon 

1 hour ago, bishopburn boy said:

Kvz - it’s just possible we have spent down the 80 k over the last 18 months since the rangers game , , that’s a subsidy of 5k a month , hardly a kings ransom , if we were spending , hoping for a run in the cup and a payday , it’s not surprising we have to cut our cloth as Cosmo puts it ,  i know money has also been spent on the upkeep of the park as well .

better to stop spending before it runs out  - let’s hope we have a couple of gems in the rough in the 20’s  

Where do YOU think the money went ? Or is it better to ask open accusative  questions , that call into question the people who run the club pretty much for free 

jings    Calm down

while I,m here , mon the toon 

Calm Down ?? Strange comment , anyway if your reasoning is that we could have been losing £5k per month for 18 months then serious questions would need to be asked as to why steps weren’t taken sooner and things were allowed to get to such a desperate state that we are having a fire sale . I merely asked a question that was not answered in chairmans response , yes we might find some superstars in the U20 ‘s but it’s not the greatest plan to have when your losing your best players .

Archived