The Huge Rovers V Stranraer

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if the weather is better down at Starks, but the snow is still lying at Newliston and it’s pretty cold.

Nah it’s been fine, I stay at Seafield. Hasn’t snowed here since 4ish, and even at that it wasn’t lying when it was heavier at lunchtime. It’s just a tad slushy/wet. With the covers still on, I’d imagine the game will be on.
Im unfortunately missing the game tomorrow, as I’m at a wedding, but I fully believe we’re back on the up with momentum on winning games. 3-0. COYR!!

Any hopes I had of Stranraer doing something here are gone now that they’ve chucked there only half decent striker. I’m guessing Farrell will take inspiration from Levein tomorrow with an exciting 4-6-0 formation.

Still, if it means that a few more players leave before Tuesday’s game I’ll be satisfied.

Going into this game with a lot of troubles off the park which never helps and loosing wallace days before the game is never ideal but am sure faz will get the players in the right frame of mind for this game which was always going to be difficult. Think we could be set up very difficult to break down and try and frustrate Raith. Really have to think positive after this week.

I’m baffled by what’s going on at Stranraer , the Chairman says it’s not that bad or as bad as before and we are purely acting in advance ,yet almost immediately we let our best striker and perhaps best player go , makes me feel we are not being told the full picture , interesting to note the Chairman did not answer the question on where the money went from the cup games etc ( reported at the time £80k)  if we honestly believe things are not too bad than we’re being very naive. 

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

I’m baffled by what’s going on at Stranraer , the Chairman says it’s not that bad or as bad as before and we are purely acting in advance ,yet almost immediately we let our best striker and perhaps best player go , makes me feel we are not being told the full picture , interesting to note the Chairman did not answer the question on where the money went from the cup games etc ( reported at the time £80k)  if we honestly believe things are not too bad than we’re being very naive. 

What i have been hearing they are cutting the costs now rather than leaving it to late. Not as bad as last time which was around £250,000 in the red but its still bad, where the money has went and pointing the finger of blame is a for another day. Getting a competitive team as possible to stay in this league is just as much a priority than sorting out the bank account. As i really dont want to drop to league 2 with the relegation out of the leagues looming when you are in that division.

Good pre-match write-up on the Stranraer website.

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1024-preview-raith-20171230

Stranraer haven’t won at Starks since 1997. We have won every home league game this season. Three of Stranraer’s players have left and they’ll have five u-20 players in the squad. Can mean only one thing...

6 hours ago, ThePoohBear said:

Going into this game with a lot of troubles off the park which never helps and loosing wallace days before the game is never ideal but am sure faz will get the players in the right frame of mind for this game which was always going to be difficult. Think we could be set up very difficult to break down and try and frustrate Raith. Really have to think positive after this week.

You still have Scott Agnew, right? Guarenteed to score against the Rovers...

Good pre-match write-up on the Stranraer website.

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1024-preview-raith-20171230

Stranraer haven’t won at Starks since 1997. We have won every home league game this season. Three of Stranraer’s players have left and they’ll have five u-20 players in the squad. Can mean only one thing...

0-3 Stranraer?

14 minutes ago, renton said:

You still have Scott Agnew, right? Guarenteed to score against the Rovers...

Yes aggy is still at the club for now. Just back from a few weeks out injured so not sure how fit he will be. 

Just now, ThePoohBear said:

Yes aggy is still at the club for now. Just back from a few weeks out injured so not sure how fit he will be. 

He could be hopping about the pitch with his good leg hanging off his knee at right angles and I'd still fancy him to score against us.

Archived