The Huge Rovers V Stranraer

2 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Calm Down ?? Strange comment , anyway if your reasoning is that we could have been losing £5k per month for 18 months then serious questions would need to be asked as to why steps weren’t taken sooner and things were allowed to get to such a desperate state that we are having a fire sale . I merely asked a question that was not answered in chairmans response , yes we might find some superstars in the U20 ‘s but it’s not the greatest plan to have when your losing your best players .

Other thread for this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb performance and results for us today. Spence probably had his best game since his return to Starks. Good to see all of Spence, Buchanan and Vaughan score. Shite about missing out first penalty in 18 months in the league, but it's out the way now.

Special mention to Jamie Hammil who for 70 minutes looked like he'd never seen a football and was showing no interest in being at Starks. Zanatta wasn't even that great today but Hammil looked like he'd chucked it.

Fair play to Belford who continued his banter with the fans from last time.

Two games in hand and Ayr's lead cut down to two points. Hopefully we can go to Methil and pick up another win. A long way to go still but it's afternoons like today that keep you coming along.

Good win for us and a clean sheet.  We wait over a year for a penalty and their keeper saves it, ah well might be another year for the next one.... Thought Davo had a good game, deserved man of the match, to be honest if we had taken all the chances we were given we could have had 5 or 6.  Still the Invincibles (their opinion not mine) managed to throw away a 2 goal lead against lowly Forfar and end up losing 3-2, keeps us two points behind them with 2 games in hand. Onwards and upwards:thumsup2

Thought we acquitted ourselves well but lacked an end product. Raith had their moments and did what was needed to win the game comfortably.

Looking like an interesting battle at the top of the table now. Hope we can do our bit on Tuesday.

Like all our home games so far I don't think we were great but we still had enough to win pretty comfortably.

After today's results I'd take a draw on Tuesday.

Talk of taking a draw is mental. We need to keep winning.

We are up against the invincible squad at Ayr. Even though they are now vincible, it would be good to build up a bit of a points cushion again.

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

Didn't even notice Grant Anderson yesterday has he let himself go a bit ?

I think being part time probably has an impact. As I said before, one player who I felt was hilariously bad during the first half was Jamie Hammil. Before with Hammil, he'd always been aggressive and practically single handedly won the game in the league cup for Hearts against us where our fans gave him no end of grief for getting Hill send off. Yesterday Zanatta knocked the ball twice past him in the second half, and he just stood still. He looked like a Sunday league player thrown into a professional game. Delightful stuff. 

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

Didn't even notice Grant Anderson yesterday has he let himself go a bit ?

Seen him quite a bit in the first half, usually losing out to Murray.  I couldn't help wonder what an Anderson/McHattie battle might looked like.
Couldn't be the only person glad it wasn't happening.

I think being part time probably has an impact. As I said before, one player who I felt was hilariously bad during the first half was Jamie Hammil. Before with Hammil, he'd always been aggressive and practically single handedly won the game in the league cup for Hearts against us where our fans gave him no end of grief for getting Hill send off. Yesterday Zanatta knocked the ball twice past him in the second half, and he just stood still. He looked like a Sunday league player thrown into a professional game. Delightful stuff. 

Lol and Zanatta was still utter pish.

Archived