Ross' Resplendency .vs. Csaba's Shenanigans - 29/12 - 19:45

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Why exactly did Magennis have his studs up? If McMullan had stayed on his feet and still won the ball as you suggest, he would have got Magennis' studs in his ankle rather than his shin.

It was a dreadful challenge by Magennis, and the attempts to blame McMullan despite the fact he won the tackle cleanly are ridiculous.

I'm not Magennis, I have no idea why he had his studs up. The worst you could say is that he left his foot in when McMullan was clearly getting there first, which is obviously naughty. It wasn't a stamp, though.

Impossible to say where the contact would have been if McMullan had stayed on his feet. He was getting to the ball first, which means there might not have been any contact at all; if he stays upright he likely would have nicked it and been gone anyway. Instead, he went to ground for no reason, meaning there was nowhere for him to go other than straight into Magennis.

My whole rhetoric is that he went to ground when there was absolutely no reason to, which in turn resulted in him getting hurt - nothing whatsoever about that suggestion is ridiculous.

Just now, FifeArab said:

The ref clearly seen the Magennis tackle there and didn’t even give a foul, terrible.

Chris Sutton loves slagging Scottish Refs, but to be fair, he has a point. Referee is no more than five yards away and looking directly at it.

Maybe he can think that it doesn't warrant a red card, I can understand that, but to not even think it's a foul is just crazy.

Other than Samson's save highlight of the first half has to be some boy having a good old boo at the tannoy announcer regarding a Nissan.

Think Mullen is struggling with everything that goes with a new club, new system etc. Added to that Morgan, Smith and Magennis have been a wee bit off the pace. We've got all the tools for the three points, need to get our fingers out though.

6 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Gav missing and Smith and Morgan (odd flashes apart) don't look half as threatening as they were last week. 0-0 all over it.

Why are you not playing Gav?

Chris Sutton loves slagging Scottish Refs, but to be fair, he has a point. Referee is no more than five yards away and looking directly at it.
Maybe he can think that it doesn't warrant a red card, I can understand that, but to not even think it's a foul is just crazy.

It’s kinda similar to Mcdonald’s tackle and he seen that one fine and managed to yellow him.

It’s kinda similar to Mcdonald’s tackle and he seen that one fine and managed to yellow him.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

I'm not Magennis, I have no idea why he had his studs up. The worst you could say is that he left his foot in when McMullan was clearly getting there first, which is obviously naughty. It wasn't a stamp, though.

Impossible to say where the contact would have been if McMullan had stayed on his feet. He was getting to the ball first, which means there might not have been any contact at all; if he stays upright he likely would have nicked it and been gone anyway. Instead, he went to ground for no reason, meaning there was nowhere for him to go other than straight into Magennis.

My whole rhetoric is that he went to ground when there was absolutely no reason to, which in turn resulted in him getting hurt - nothing whatsoever about that suggestion is ridiculous.

He got hurt because Magennis put in a shitebag's tackle, not because he went to ground.

Your whole rhetoric is wrong.

Pretty much my thoughts. McMullan shat it from going in for a 50/50 so he opted to slide and came off second best

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He got hurt because Magennis put in a shitebag's tackle, not because he went to ground.

Your whole rhetoric is wrong.

I suppose I'll just have to deal with the fact that you're watching the game with tangerine-tinted specs on and can't see the obvious.

Archived