Ross' Resplendency .vs. Csaba's Shenanigans - 29/12 - 19:45

So, this should be fun. Both teams are in decent form and a Friday night kick off.

For us, I'd imagine we'll have Davis back in the defence, possibly pairing with the goal machine that is Gary Mac. Eckersley pulled his hamstring and it doesn't sound like he'll make it but at least Stellios put in a decent enough performance to merit maybe a start. Other than that, I presume it'll be the same squad. 

It would be lovely to come away with a win here, a draw wouldn't be terrible though.  

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given our recent results it takes a little bit of pressure away from this game. A draw wouldn't be a total disaster so as long as we avoid defeat and put in another solid performance then I would take a point (of course all 3 would be ideal). Looks like Fyvie Fraser will definitely be missing for this so it should just be a case of Flood and Stanton in the middle. If we can get Murdoch back in at right-back then at least we have a balanced side that is almost full strength (minus Fyvie Fraser). 

I’m always very wary about making predictions and won’t do so here.

This will be a tough game and whilst our recent form has been good so has that of the Maureen’s.  I like Jack Ross and think he’s got his team motivated and well organised.

I think United have to play to their strengths and concentrate on keeping the ball on the deck and utilising the skill of our midfield players.  Hopefully the weather will be conducive to this.

Csaba said on ArabZone that both Flood and Murdoch will be available so the team pretty much picks itself imo.

Really looking forward to this. A genuinely big game under floodlights. Lovely.

No idea how it will go, although Fyvie is already such an important player for us that we'll really suffer from his probable absence. Wouldn't be unhappy with a draw tbh.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Gutted the thread title is missing the Maureens

I was going to start a thread yesterday but deferred to the host supporters.

Mines would definitely included ‘Maureens’.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Gutted the thread title is missing the Maureens

Alliteration, my friend, alliteration.  :)

OK, shall we kick on with some utterly meaningless stats?

During his time at Hearts, Csaba had a 3-1-1 (WLD) record against us (2008-2010).  This was a Hearts side that was throwing money at wages and is some 2 years from financial collapse so while not great reading there is some context there.

While this years' league games has seen United and Saints share a 2-2 (WL) record in the four games we've had. Interestingly the home side coming out victorious each time.

Those both seem vague and pointless enough to get some debate over.

St Mirren can forget the earlier game in Paisley. We were a different club.

The game at tannadice I think the hapless buddies got about two kicks of the ball.

Anyway, it's not really that huge a game as it is fully inevitable that we will pull away as the season progresses no matter what happens here.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We are also a different club to the one in 1987. Not sure if that's relevant or not.. ;)

Form wise, both teams are doing well..

P       W       D       L       GF      GA      GD      Pt

Dundee Utd	6	5	1	0	13	3	10	16
St Mirren	6	5	0	1	11	5	6	15

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The game at tannadice I think the hapless buddies got about two kicks of the ball.

Anyway, it's not really that huge a game as it is fully inevitable that we will pull away as the season progresses no matter what happens here.

2/10

28 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Alliteration, my friend, alliteration.  :)

OK, shall we kick on with some utterly meaningless stats?

During his time at Hearts, Csaba had a 3-1-1 (WLD) record against us (2008-2010).  This was a Hearts side that was throwing money at wages and is some 2 years from financial collapse so while not great reading there is some context there.

While this years' league games has seen United and Saints share a 2-2 (WL) record in the four games we've had. Interestingly the home side coming out victorious each time.

Those both seem vague and pointless enough to get some debate over.

Should have been ‘Mindless Misanthropic Moaning Maureens v Terrific Tantalising Talented Terrors’ then.

You use statistics like Donald Trump. “The turnout of home fans at the 2021 Stadium on Friday night will be the biggest in the history of football ever”.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Should have been ‘Mindless Misanthropic Moaning Maureens v Terrific Tantalising Talented Terrors’ then.

The title was always going to contain Jack Ross.  Everything else from there on is just working out the best alliteration...

Spoiler

bI7QS5c.jpg

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

The title was always going to contain Jack Ross.  Everything else from there on is just working out the best alliteration...

Reveal hidden contents

bI7QS5c.jpg

It didn’t contain Jack Ross it contained Ross; I’m surprised that I have to point this out to you.

You could have gone for ‘Jackey Jack’s Joyless Journeymen’ v ‘Crafty Csaba’s Careering Crackers’; that even contains a festive double entendre.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It didn’t contain Jack Ross it contained Ross; I’m surprised that I have to point this out to you.

You could have gone for ‘Jackey Jack’s Joyless Journeymen’ v ‘Crafty Csaba’s Careering Crackers’; that even contains a festive double entendre.

That's seems quite verbose, however I have heard it said that Dundonians are used to long sentences.

Archived