Hearts v Hibs

It’s not over the top, though.  A ball can be concealed in all directions so you need a system that not only “sees” it, but tracks it. 
And as I said, it’s ultimately not the video that leads to the decision. 

The referee would still have a better chance of calling it correctly with the use of a basic camera around about the sticks though.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get technology to f**k.  Decisions like last night and the thumbs free kick etc keep fans talking about it for years.
The seethe, the joy etc etc. 

FTFY. Saying that, if we get a high profile, costly, decision against us I’ll go full Lennon.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

The referee would still have a better chance of calling it correctly with the use of a basic camera around about the sticks though.

the whole point of the system used in bigger leagues is that it gives the ref a near instant decision, goal or no goal, so the potential break in play is minimal, if we start hooking up dodgy camera phones and shit to goalposts and stopping the game everytime someone claims a goal for a shot anywhere near the line we'll never finish the game

the whole point of the system used in bigger leagues is that it gives the ref a near instant decision, goal or no goal, so the potential break in play is minimal, if we start hooking up dodgy camera phones and shit to goalposts and stopping the game everytime someone claims a goal for a shot anywhere near the line we'll never finish the game

An I phone taped to the goal frame wasn’t a serious suggestion but I was wanting to illustrate how easily you could greatly help out the officials for these types of decisions without forking out hundreds of thousands on the technology and how ever much it would cost to maintain. Can’t go blaming the officials yesterday for not giving it as the ref was behind it so wasn’t at the best angle to make the decision and the linesman had a Hearts player in his way so they need help for these instances and I don’t see why it needs to be so difficult or expensive.

Lennon, “ it makes a mockery of our game” (not awarding the goal). How does it? These things happen. You can clearly see from the shot behind the goal that the linesman can’t possibly see it and there’s no way that Steven McLean can see if the ball’s over the line. It’s annoying for Hibs, but that sort of thing happens to us all at some point. Get over it.

Lennon, “ it makes a mockery of our game” (not awarding the goal). How does it? These things happen. You can clearly see from the shot behind the goal that the linesman can’t possibly see it and there’s no way that Steven McLean can see if the ball’s over the line. It’s annoying for Hibs, but that sort of thing happens to us all at some point. Get over it.

So why did the linesman say that he could see it?

Who cares! He plainly could not give the goal because he was blocked by both the post and a Hearts player! As I said, get over it!

It’s not a case of “get over it”. The concern is that the linesman said that he had a view of it and in his opinion it wasn’t over the line. There is the problem.

23 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It’s not a case of “get over it”. The concern is that the linesman said that he had a view of it and in his opinion it wasn’t over the line. There is the problem.

How many times do you have to be advised to get over it!

13 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Hearts having only 6 turnstiles for away fans is a disgrace. 

Utter shambles to get into the roseburn stand tonight. 

The away end at Easter Road is absolutely murder so seems about right.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but Shaw looked a baw hair offside to me when Boyle crossed it. Difficult to tell of course from the BBC footage but I wouldn't have been surprised if the flag had gone up.

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but Shaw looked a baw hair offside to me when Boyle crossed it. Difficult to tell of course from the BBC footage but I wouldn't have been surprised if the flag had gone up.

Strangely, Lennon didn't mention it while stating that every offside decision had gone our way. 

Archived