Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

What as clear cut as ours which was never a penalty?

Ermmm, yes, that’s what I typed.  If you gave one soft penalty to you, we should have had one.

do you speak Spanish or French?  I can try speaking those if that would help.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly looked like a penalty from where I was (the other end of the stadium, tbf). Kane had got the ball under control and looked to be barged over. I did think the ref was fuckin awful today

Kane at no point had the ball under control,he was waiting for it to drop & our man won the header,clumsy yes but not a chance Kane had the ball

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

Ermmm, yes, that’s what I typed.  If you gave one soft penalty to you, we should have had one.

do you speak Spanish or French?  I can try speaking those if that would help.

Apologies I mistakenly thought you were implying that the Falkirk one was a clear cut pen. My mistake. 

I`m doubtful a change of language would have helped my stupidity but thanks for the offer.

3 minutes ago, dmcgregor7 said:

Kane at no point had the ball under control,he was waiting for it to drop & our man won the header,clumsy yes but not a chance Kane had the ball

Those at the Falkirk end seem sure it wasn`t a pen albeit clumsy. That`s fine.  Hopefully the highlights will help. The notion a player has to have the ball to be fouled is wrong though (assuming that`s what you are implying)

I actually thought the Kane one in the second half was a penalty. File it in the “clumsy, seen them given” category.

We probably could have had one in the first half when Hippolyte was fouled in the box but again, it would have been harsh.

We were excellent in the first half. Understandably a bit nervous early in the second after losing the goal just before HT but they saw it out fine.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Those at the Falkirk end seem sure it wasn`t a pen albeit clumsy. That`s fine.  Hopefully the highlights will help. The notion a player has to have the ball to be fouled is wrong though (assuming that`s what you are implying)

Two of them have so far said they thought it might have been or was a penalty. Three or four have said it wasnt. I thought it was a stonewaller but was further away. Hopefully highlights will show it. 

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Journeymen borderers taking defeat well I see. 

Shut it ya arsehile. :P

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Two of them have so far said they thought it might have been or was a penalty. Three or four have said it wasnt. I thought it was a stonewaller but was further away. Hopefully highlights will show it. 

Fair enough I wasn`t counting. As you say it will be interesting to see the highlights. 

Some of the highlights will take a bit of watching mind you. 

My first thoughts were that the ref was about to award a penalty but I guess I would need to see it again to be sure either way.

In truth we should have been well out of sight anyway, particularly if the QOS defender’s deflection off the post had gone in.

34 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Liked Longridges passion after the goal. Shows he is trying and wants to win

He was going equally mental after Hippo's goal too.

I like Longridge. His effort is plain for everyone to see and he's more consistent than any of our other wide players. I'm hoping Hamilton let us hang onto him for the rest of the season.

Edited to add - and his "clench fists and yell at the crowd" goal celes today were reminiscent of Will Vaulks at his best, or Fash at Dumbarton last year after the fulltime whistle when we clinched second. Which is where the much derided "Our Time" poster came from....

He was going equally mental after Hippo's goal too.
I like Longridge. His effort is plain for everyone to see and he's more consistent than any of our other wide players. I'm hoping Hamilton let us hang onto him for the rest of the season.

I though he and Hippolyte were linking up really well. Faded a little after Hippo went off but was still the best performer today IMO.

Hope we see that level of performance at EEP.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

My first thoughts were that the ref was about to award a penalty but I guess I would need to see it again to be sure either way.

In truth we should have been well out of sight anyway, particularly if the QOS defender’s deflection off the post had gone in.

I had forgotten about that. Terrific judgement from Mercer rather than put it out for a corner. Wee 1-2 with the post and away we go...... :whistle

That first goal. F£ck me. Martin absolutely has to collect that ball, even I can't defend that. He takes the bulk of the blame there. Look at the state of our shape here though:-

e15ca2761893ac96e058421734cabbf4.jpg

4 Falkirk players are around the 6 yard box and we have 6 excluding Martin. That has to be dealt with with ease. Every single one of them is ball-watching. Watch your man ffs! Grant is in behind Kerr/Mercer (have no idea who it is) as he hasn't a clue Grant is even there. Rooney is our tallest player and is hiding at the back with no one near him. Dykes obviously loses his man and doesn't even attempt to jump. Hippolyte totally unmarked as well.

Our inability to defend crosses is absolutely infuriating. As I say, Martin has got to be claiming that but even if he does it only papers over the cracks of our woeful attempt at marking.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I had forgotten about that. Terrific judgement from Mercer rather than put it out for a corner. Wee 1-2 with the post and away we go...... :whistle

Indeed :lol:

Typical of our defensive display in many ways. It wasn`t a difficult situation to deal with but he almost managed a class own goal.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That first goal. F£ck me. Martin absolutely has to collect that ball, even I can't defend that. He takes the bulk of the blame there. Look at the state of our shape here though:-

e15ca2761893ac96e058421734cabbf4.jpg

4 Falkirk players are around the 6 yard box and we have 6 excluding Martin. That has to be dealt with with ease. Every single one of them is ball-watching. Watch your man ffs! Grant is in behind Kerr/Mercer (have no idea who it is) as he hasn't a clue Grant is even there. Rooney is our tallest player and is hiding at the back with no one near him. Dykes obviously loses his man and doesn't even attempt to jump. Hippolyte totally unmarked as well.

Our inability to defend crosses is absolutely infuriating. As I say, Martin has got to be claiming that but even if he does it only papers over the cracks of our woeful attempt at marking.

One of the problems for me is that Martin virtually never comes for a cross then at one point today inexplicably did so and completely missed it. This goal comes not that long after that event. 

Edit to add at least his contract is only until May 2019.:o

You`d think an ex international full back would be able to get us well organised in defending set pieces. Actually I suspect GN works hard on this sort of stuff.  All teams at this level make errors defending set pieces, some of them have a keeper who doesn`t recurrently cause panic in the ranks.

Just now, The Caul Back said:

There's Not been one mention on Dykes, so I take it he was once again usless, yet another game he has not scored a goal,
Speaking to a lot of Queens supporters they are not happy with Martin.

I thought Dykes was one of our better players today. One of the few who looked likely to do anything in a dismal first half. He was a long way from our worst performer today.

Martin was dire. He looks like he doesn`t want to be there and the back 4 clearly have zero confidence in him.

I thought Dykes was one of our better players today. One of the few who looked likely to do anything in a dismal first half. He was a long way from our worst performer today.
Martin was dire. He looks like he doesn`t want to be there and the back 4 clearly have zero confidence in him.

Re Martin, put it this way, after being three goals down he was smiling at the Bairns fans who were giving him stick. Did not get a sense of him feeling largely responsible.

Archived