Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our goalkeeper and back 4 were truly awful today and then you add in the anonymity of Messrs Rankin and Tapping in central midfield - it makes dreadful reading. To add injury to insult Falkirk set up their team to contain us and yet managed to score 3 first half goals!!!!

Despite enjoying a two goal lead at HT Falkirk looked nervous but there was no leadership out there and we failed miserably to put them under any concerted pressure.

We need to win on Tuesday or face the prospect of another lacklustre season under GN.

Twice this season we've seemingly overloaded with defenders and twice it's brought us victories - our only victories. When old man Smith put out a team of defenders against Morton, I feared the worst but he was right. Smith in the dugout today too.

Guest Back Post Misses
Thought we were excellent in the first half. There just seemed to be so much more space up the top than before. Hippo going off ended our attacking though. Looked like a broken leg. At times he frustrates the life out of you but there definitely is a player in him when he applies himself. Great boost before the Pars and the corner being passed straight out the park made my day [emoji23]

He was holding his shoulder

Guest Back Post Misses
Can’t quite get my head around that today.

On paper the worst line up I think I have ever seen with six defenders and no out and out strikers. Think this just confirms how little we all know re football sometimes.

Great performance for the first 44 minutes and I want to apologise to Mr Longridge who turned it all around today after his poor performance at Dumbarton. He was excellent especially first half when Hippo was around.

If Hippo was going elsewhere in the window that looks gone given what appears to be a nasty injury.

Goodness knows how we will line up at EEP!

Is that the royal “we”. Really should read I

Firstly congrats to Falkirk who fully deserved the win today. We were awful defensively. Mercer and Rooney just aren`t up to it and don`t get me fecking started on our keeper.

We really needed to score in the brief period when we threatened at the start of the 2nd half.  Falkirk were sitting very deep and looked nervous which is understandable given their season so far. After that they saw out the game pretty comfortably.

Dobbie`s corner was a belter- even the greats can get it wrong. :lol:

Our most effective sub was probably Alex Harris though Thomson at least injected a bit of energy.

Hope Hippolyte is OK. Looked a bad one. 

I hadn't seen much of Tumility but I thought he looked okay today, as did Paul Watson. With Balatoni leaving it may be that Watson is staying put.

Thought all 6 of our defenders done well and the young keeper had a good save from Dobbie.

Much more positive about getting out this mess after today especially if we can get a couple of goal scorers in.

Oh and Paul just forget about a new assistant, Alex Smith is the man.

We werent good (obviously) and Falkirk deserved their win. We offered nothing first half. Three goals were all criminal defending and Martin should do better with the first two at least. Still at 3-1 we had a glimmer of hope.

Surprised to see Falkirk fans posting they were comfortable second half. I thought they were anything but. They got deep, looked nervy and invited trouble, all of which is completely understandable in their present situation but they didnt look comfortable. Kane should have scored with a header before they criminally left Dobbie alone at a corner and were rescued by a fine save from the keeper. And then there was what appeared to me to be a stonewall penalty as Kane was shoved in the back. Falkirk fans you were a lot closer? It would have been a red card too and had it gone 3-2 it would have been a long half hour with ten men to cling on. When it wasnt given we seemed to lose a bit of heart and when Kerr finally did score off a terrific Murray cross it was too late.

Positives for us were another fine goal from Dobbie and a good showing from Thomson when he came on. He surely must start on Tuesday. 

The referees performance was probably summed up when the entire crowd heard Kane kicked on the shinpad in the last minute and he waved play on.

Guest Back Post Misses
I thought Kidd played well. Steady and unspectacular but gave able assistance to Taiwo and Sibbald who were both very good.

Any views from Falkirk fans re our penalty claim 2nd half?

Looked a very good shout from where we were.

Not even a foul.

Went down under someone heading it out for a corner.

I thought Kidd played well. Steady and unspectacular but gave able assistance to Taiwo and Sibbald who were both very good.
Was a clumsy challenge. I would have been claiming it had it been the other way about but hey ho you win some you lose some [emoji16]

Guest Back Post Misses
We werent good (obviously) and Falkirk deserved their win. We offered nothing first half. Three goals were all criminal defending and Martin should do better with the first two at least. Still at 3-1 we had a glimmer of hope.
Surprised to see Falkirk fans posting they were comfortable second half. I thought they were anything but. They got deep, looked nervy and invited trouble, all of which is completely understandable in their present situation but they didnt look comfortable. Kane should have scored with a header before they criminally left Dobbie alone at a corner and were rescued by a fine save from the keeper. And then there was what appeared to me to be a stonewall penalty as Kane was shoved in the back. Falkirk fans you were a lot closer? It would have been a red card too and had it gone 3-2 it would have been a long half hour with ten men to cling on. When it wasnt given we seemed to lose a bit of heart and when Kerr finally did score off a terrific Murray cross it was too late.
Positives for us were another fine goal from Dobbie and a good showing from Thomson when he came on. He surely must start on Tuesday. 
The referees performance was probably summed up when the entire crowd heard Kane kicked on the shinpad in the last minute and he waved play on.

We struggled the first 10 minutes of the second half but after that Sibbald bossed the game IMO. Had we not lost Hippolyte I think we would have won by more.

How did Kidd play?

Kidd played well enough. Never anything over complicated just kept it simple in the middle of the park. He was probably overshadowed by the performances of Sibbs and Taiwo.

As BPM said it was never a penalty. Kane wasn’t really strong enough and let Watson get to the ball too easily then just kind of threw himself to the deck. He should’ve done a lot better with the chance but was great defending by Paul Watson from our point of view. He made a cracking last ditch tackle in the first half as well.

Guest Back Post Misses

So you thought that today’s line up was obvious?

Pretty much expected that line up when the team was announced.

Everyone forgets Lewis Kidd only turned into a RB at QoS. He has played CM all through his development.

Archived