Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No way you can tell from those highlights whether he was offside or not IMO.  Is it only me that's seeing Watson getting his head to the ball?

Watson heads it but he jumps through Kane and barges him over to do it. Its a foul all day for me.

He isnt offside because a Falkirk player heads it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way you can tell from those highlights whether he was offside or not IMO.  Is it only me that's seeing Watson getting his head to the ball?

Its hard to see from the higlights but it was pretty obvious at the time and yep Watson does get his head to the ball and it bounces off the Queens boy's head for what should have been a goal kick.

Watson heads it but he jumps through Kane and barges him over to do it. Its a foul all day for me.

He isnt offside because a Falkirk player heads it.

Watson doesn't head it. If he had headed it I wouldn't really have an issue but he doesn't make contact and just clobbers Kane. 12:52 is the best angle. I've tried to freeze it as best I could. When the ball drops the net is a good marker. Had Watson got a touch before it hit Kane the ball would have moved forward even slightly. It doesn't. It drops right down onto Kane.

8897d515c8d77bd62456816cefe9378f.jpg

9df547509d3789cb51362b26e540d2b0.jpg

bddf325f14e27c931fabb0e4a6f3f865.jpg

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No idea whether its a pen or not I stopped watching the highlights once Harris came on. The main problem with the rooney incident was that most of the players stopped including the queens number 2 who was also expecting rooney to put it out by the look of things as he' d slowed to a walking pace. Was bad patter then to suddenly play on with hippo down.  I' have had less issue if the game had just continued at full pelt.

Havent had time to watch the whole video and see this incident but Rooney IS no. 2.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watson doesn't head it. If he had headed it I wouldn't really have an issue but he doesn't make contact and just clobbers Kane. 12:52 is the best angle. I've tried to freeze it as best I could. When the ball drops the net is a good marker. Had Watson got a touch before it hit Kane the ball would have moved forward even slightly. It doesn't. It drops right down onto Kane.

Nice work if I was wanting a view like looking through my fingers....

I can see why the ref didn't give it tbh, my initial reaction was that it wasn't a penalty, it was only after the behind the goal footage that it was evident the defender doesn't get a touch.

However the ref doesn't have that benefit, with video assistance? Aye probably a penalty, from the referees perfectly acceptable position, corner. Whoever called that a stonewaller is having a laugh.

Think he got fouled by the c**t on the grassy knoll ya mentalist.

It’s a penalty. Woeful header back, Kane gets there first, protects the ball with his body as all players are coached to do,  is unceremoniously flattened! 

Re Rooney, he probably thought if the ref isn’t going to stop play, why should he? The old adage is “play to the whistle”.  If players see a man down and there’s not much happening they are more likely to roll the ball out in the knowledge they’ll get it back.  If there is an attack on, why stop, the guy down might just have fallen over, it’s the ref’s call. 

I can see why the ref didn't give it tbh, my initial reaction was that it wasn't a penalty, it was only after the behind the goal footage that it was evident the defender doesn't get a touch.

However the ref doesn't have that benefit, with video assistance? Aye probably a penalty, from the referees perfectly acceptable position, corner. Whoever called that a stonewaller is having a laugh.

He's flattened our player and not won the ball - stonewaller!

Yep, and with the benefit of two replays and being able to freeze frame along the way, you can then safely say that. However at the time, with the referees position and the pace of the game it's easy to see why he didn't give it, that's not a stonewaller, a penalty yes, but if you need a slow mo replay it's not a stonewaller.

Play that incident over a hundred times and you might get the penalty a couple of times.

Don't agree. Watson heads it off Kane's head (who, incidentally, moves toward Watson to try to draw a foul) so should have been a goal kick. Could have been an argument if he hadn't got to the ball, but he did.
How bizarre that opposing fans can have differing opinions of the same incident! :lol:

He goes through him with his elbow first though even if he does get a head on it. Clear penalty from that angle. Can’t blame the ref though as probably looked ok from his side.

Archived