Bon Accord Bottlers vs Partick St Germain

GMS was pretty pish. I also thought Stewart was rather pish but it appears I'm in a small minority.

Christie was my MOTM and our main source of creativity. Defence were solid especially McKenna.

Stewart was MOTM by a fair distance.
Barring him there were few passmarks.
Christie was Christie-lite
Shinnie didn't get booked which is a bonus
Referee was a tool tho

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be such a huge huge relief when we get enough players back that we don’t have to start with Devine. Having said that you have to also give the likes of Devine,Edwards,Barton etc their due they have played every minute of every game basically this full season. Big one on Saturday for us, hoping the likes of Dolan,Erskine woods and Fraser have just been given a few days to get over knocks for the 6 pointer.

Stewart was excellent tonight, although I would have given the Man Of The Match to Christie. Stewart has been playing really well for the last six weeks or so. Great close skills, difficult to get off the ball and puts in a decent cross. One superb run tonight which took him to the by line, was ended with a fantastic ball across the face of the goal which nobody gambled on and the chance was lost. He still lacks a bit of pace, but 100% improvement on earlier in the season. Obviously, a bit like Kenny McLean, you either love him or hate him. By the way, McLean has also improved immensely in the past month or so, and I would definitely keep him on until the end of the season.

Connor Sammon gave both our Centre Backs a right hard time. I thought he had a really good game. 

Stewart played very well as did Christie. It would be great to have either of them join us permanently but alas I think we don't have the money required.

The state of the road with ice and snow between Balmedie and Ellon was an absolute disgrace. No gritters to be seen anywhere, nor signs of their work. I am amazed I got home without crashing. I hope everyone else gets home safe. 

Stewart's a strange one. Some of his play would suggest that he has a decent football brain. He is desperately needing to discover a more consistent end product, though; he forced a good save from Černý in the second half, but he has to add goals and assists to his game on a more consistent basis - we are one match away from the winter break and he only has a solitary domestic goal to show for his efforts since the beginning of August. His output simply has to improve after the shutdown for his season to be considered a success. 

Mackay-Steven was totally ineffectual. His inconsistency is a source of frustration. Christie, although far from his best, was responsible for the most important individual moment of the match at the goal. McKenna, ignoring one misguided charge into midfield early doors, was particularly solid in defence.  Considine, O'Connor and Logan also all did fine, but were perhaps helped by Thistle being generally toothless in the final third.

Storey, when he came on, demonstrated exactly why McInnes punted him after a year and offered him so little time on the pitch.

Infuriating night at times but the right result.

GMS was really poor, not sure he has the application or patience to break down a tight defence.

Stewart very good, perhaps he’s still looking a bit top heavy - would really be an asset if he could lose a bit more over the break and find another half yard of pace.

Centre mid is definitely where we improve during the window albeit McLean had one of his better games.

Was told McGinn was meant to be signing before the game tonight - hopefully see movement on this soon.

Such a predictable result. We’ve scored ONE goal at Pittodrie in 4 and a half seasons.
Need to win on Saturday.

Sadly for Thistle that stat is not a surprise. Archie sets up for 0-0 when he comes to Pittodrie and has got it a couple of times. Fortunately last season and this we have got by it on every occasion at Pittodrie.

Missed last night due to being away at my girlfriend's folks in Ireland but from what I've read and heard, the same style of game as normal. Christie the quality for the goal, Rooney being what Rooney should be, a poacher and I love that.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Sadly for Thistle that stat is not a surprise. Archie sets up for 0-0 when he comes to Pittodrie and has got it a couple of times. Fortunately last season and this we have got by it on every occasion at Pittodrie.

It’s been a constant feature throughout Archibald’s reign. He shows absolutely no ambition away to the bigger teams in the league. Teams like Hamilton and Motherwell seem to relish the challenge and  will at least have a go. 

Since we were promoted in 2013, we’ve scored TWO goals in all our visits to Parkhead, Pittodrie and Ibrox in all competitions. 

It’s embarrassing.

Thought GMS was anonymous aside from when he tried to get into the game and failed by giving the ball away.

Also, I'm another who wasn't impressed by Stewart and was surprised when Christie didn't get MotM.

Wasn't a great game with little tempo for most of it but that wasn't helped by Thistle who came for a 0-0, did next to nothing, and whose keeper started time-wasting in the 40th minute (which the ref stood, watched and did nothing about the whole game). Only effort of theirs I can remember is Sammon's pass back effort in the first half.

Posting anything on P and B achieves nothing, but it does make you feel better having got it out your system.

I just took it for granted that it would be a little over £20 max as I haven't paid that much before. I had been insulated by student prices so it was a bit of a shock having to cough up money that you pay to watch an international.

To be fair though, I've since found out that this is fairly standard pricing and that the fleecing of away fans is common. Dreadful.

27 minutes ago, velo army said:

Posting anything on P and B achieves nothing, but it does make you feel better having got it out your system.

I just took it for granted that it would be a little over £20 max as I haven't paid that much before. I had been insulated by student prices so it was a bit of a shock having to cough up money that you pay to watch an international.

To be fair though, I've since found out that this is fairly standard pricing and that the fleecing of away fans is common. Dreadful.

It's exactly the same price as home fans in the south stand so it's hardly fleecing away supporters

11 hours ago, scoobles said:

Stewart was MOTM by a fair distance.
Barring him there were few passmarks.
Christie was Christie-lite
Shinnie didn't get booked which is a bonus
Referee was a tool tho

McKenna for me, faultless at the back and some of his balls up the left side were absolutely perfect.

If he played for *them* he'd be getting raved about right now. 

The failure to book the two players who wouldnt retreat at free kicks was the low point in a poor reffing display. Main stand linesman also appeared never to have the memo that he's now an "assistant referee" 

Archived