Alloa/stranraer

17 minutes ago, printer said:

Is Cawley injured or just sick?

I'm pleased to see Renton winning some fans over after the nonsense he was subjected to earlier in the season.

Hes got the same virus as flanny was suffering from last week

Belford made 3 or 4 fantastic saves however he also threw the ball onto Ross Stewart's head for our goal and then faked an injury for about 10 minutes to spare his own embarrassment.

Having spoken to Cammy Belford after the game, that is absolutely not the case!

Not a classic, but a great 3 points.  We've picked up 18 points so far from Quarter 2, which with another game to go, is an excellent return.

Stranraer started better and looked unlucky to have an early goal disallowed for offside. Otherwise it was probably quite even apart from early in the second half when we were well on top. As already mentioned, Ross Stewart was impressive and was always wanting the ball. He put in a good shift and deserved his goal.

We toiled a bit in the latter stages, and appeared unable to hold the ball up once Renton went off. Craig Malcolm's struggled in the last few games I've seen him.

A tight game and a single goal was always going to win the match. Stranraer are experienced side and will be certainly in contention for a play off place.  A very decent game and their big keeper pulled off several excellent saves especially from crossan and flannigan . All in all two good sides going for it and a good advert for leauge 1. 

I thought we never had a failure yesterday and showed resilience and our fighting qualities late in the match when the visitors were pinning us  back seeking an equaliser.  

Special mention to Fleming in midfield again who was excellent showing great composure and class in the middle of the park.  I thought Alloa' s front three showed real menace and the ability to stretch the game when we were under pressure. 

Special mention to Jamie hamill who I though had an excellent game for stranraer a quality player at this level and took the banter from the alloa fans in the spirit it was intended. It's a serious world these days and its great to see a player having a laugh. 

Merry Christmas everyone 

Oweny

8 hours ago, martynwasp said:

I'm not sure why you'd believe a word that guy says

I was right behind the goal, my mind's made up

Think this is an example of why eyewitness are unreliable evidence.

Belford saves the freekick. Obviously it goes up and onto the bar. When it hits the bar he jumps and flaps at the air and his hands drop to the ground... then plants his forehead directly onto Renton's knee. Such a bizarre way to injure yourself.

Think this is an example of why eyewitness are unreliable evidence.
Belford saves the freekick. Obviously it goes up and onto the bar. When it hits the bar he jumps and flaps at the air and his hands drop to the ground... then plants his forehead directly onto Renton's knee. Such a bizarre way to injure yourself.

Maybe more an example of why not to reply to posts at a stupid time on a Saturday night on my part

Should have added earlier that i agree with comments about Belford being the type of character that we need in the league, he gives you something to laugh at and shout at and is obviously a decent goalkeeper underneath all of the theatrics. He would still drive me daft if he was an Alloa player though

I'm not sure why you'd believe a word that guy says

I was right behind the goal, my mind's made up

Possibly because I’ve met and spoken to him a few times and haven’t met you.

Good three points for the Wasps yesterday - deserved for the number of chances created and the number of very good saves forced by them.

No complaints with the result. In general a fairly tight game apart from the spell for alloa after halftime when we were rank. Took a couple of subs to waken us up. Young turner had a really good game when he came on. Okoh was lively however i feel like the manager he should have scored with a header from a peach of a cross. The offside goal for us looked an interesting one. We were a long way away. Thomson looked offside but not sure if the goalscorer Beith was. Cant say tho.

No complaints with the result. In general a fairly tight game apart from the spell for alloa after halftime when we were rank. Took a couple of subs to waken us up. Young turner had a really good game when he came on. Okoh was lively however i feel like the manager he should have scored with a header from a peach of a cross. The offside goal for us looked an interesting one. We were a long way away. Thomson looked offside but not sure if the goalscorer Beith was. Cant say tho.

Would agree with you on the assumption on your disallowed goal. Personally thought it was the wrong decision by the assistant

Would agree with you on the assumption on your disallowed goal. Personally thought it was the wrong decision by the assistant  

The player who scored wasn’t offside. There was another player blocking one of our defenders from making a tackle who was offside!

17 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Thought it was a strange decision to sub both, but there may well have been a reason for both which wasn't obvious. Crossan didn't look too happy going off.

Renton was spent. Blowing through his A**e according to JG.  Crossan was booked and was being wound up something rotten by the old head Hammill. A case of being taken off before being sent off.

Another really good result against a good Stranraer side.The margins between sides in this league are very close with no game being easy.Ayr and Raith will sew up 1st and 2nd but they are far from unbeatable.Got to laugh when they complain about their injuries as i doubt any squad in the league is as thin as ours currently is.

Looks like he's pointing to where the initial challenge took place. The Stranraer player clearly took a tap on the foot at the start of the video. Cynical play from the ball IMO; lucky not to get a card.

Archived