Albion Rovers v East Fife,

As I can't see a thread , thought I'd just chuck one in here. If we can play at the same level we did in the last 2 games, I honestly think we should take points from this one. Outplayed the league leaders first half, but only our failure to find the net more than once, cost us the game, BIG STYLE!dc16189a72cb90702559eaf8b14970b6.jpg

According to The Courier Craig Watson deffo out .Kyle Wilkie. Paul Williss and Chris Duggan are doubts .Gutted to be missing todays game Coatbridge is a great away day . Defend set pieces today and we can bring the points back north of the Forth .

Great to get a win, especially after going a goal down. Two of our goals shouldn't have counted, though. The first followed a clear foul on the halfway line and the winner from a free kick awarded for a legal tackle. I'll have to remember this when things go against us another day. Clear weaknesses in this Rovers team which need addressed although we should have enough to stay up.

Decent entertainment yesterday, and I thought we just about edged it over the piece. Trouten's goal was a belter as was McLaughlin's free kick; the latter has been close a couple of times so great to see him nail one.  I thought East Fife fell out of it in the second half after more than holding their own in the first, and they're very similar to us in that they're a real threat going forward but really shaky defensively.

Fisher was the best player on the park for me, and back to his classy best. There's few midfielders at this level better at quickly beating a man and driving forward into space than Gary, although it was nice to see Graeme Holmes doing the same thing yesterday too.

Finally, well done and thank you to the East Fife fans,  not only those who contributed monetarily to the appeal for the local Food Bank, but to those who brought food, toiletries etc. through with them. I still can't believe anyone would trash a Food Bank, but the response has been great with £636 raised at Cliftonhill yesterday and 40+ bags of shopping collected too.

Getting very frustrating week in week out losing games mainly down to the opposition having more hunger and desire than  the East Fife players. Work rate just not there no point just playing when you fancy it. Agree with Darren Young the players who show no hunger or desire need moved on and bring in guys who at least will give everything for the cause. Last 3 away games Forfar , Queens Park and yesterday the opposition have wanted it more than us, footballing wise these teams have been no better than us but their players have shown a better hunger and work ethic than us. Time for Darren Young to sort it out and he’ll know who is letting him and the fans down.

Archived