Loons vs Spiders

34 minutes ago, ecto said:

He won't leave a team who may come up for a side who are hurtling towards relegation, just a thought

Think he's more referring that we could and should have appointed him over two years ago rather than Bollan. Weir's not going anywhere , with very few exceptions hopefully most of the imposters on the park are.

Same again for us, there are just no goals in that team whatever formation we play and with Ayr, Arbroath and Raith up next we are done imo.

Think he's more referring that we could and should have appointed him over two years ago rather than Bollan. Weir's not going anywhere , with very few exceptions hopefully most of the imposters on the park are.

Same again for us, there are just no goals in that team whatever formation we play and with Ayr, Arbroath and Raith up next we are done imo.

Totally agree.Weirs hands are tied with the exception of the Jan transfer window.I would like to think he has a couple of players lined up including a centre forward to drop some of these duds.No wonder he's raging.6 straight losses,no goals in 270 mins,4 last few minute or injury time goals scored in the last 5 games,2nd,43rd,90+minutes today.Absolute car crash of form.Some of these guys need hunted out the door just like he said last week.

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Weir is getting an easy time in my opinion. That's a shocking run we're on and no end in sight

His tactics are terrible....one up front (fucking Ousy) against the team you have to beat.....laughable.

He will get 2 transfer windows at least to prove himself....

10 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

His tactics are terrible....one up front (fucking Ousy) against the team you have to beat.....laughable.

So effectively no-one up front. I wish Weir had fully followed through with playing more from the development team, they might still have lost but at least would have tried , not sure a single player that started today deserved a pass mark for effort never mind ability.

2 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

So effectively no-one up front. I wish Weir had fully followed through with playing more from the development team, they might still have lost but at least would have tried , not sure a single player that started today deserved a pass mark for effort never mind ability.

Easy to see that most apart from the goalie have given up the ghost.

Aiken and Starky up front from now on.

10 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Well deserved three points. MacLennan deserving of more than two minutes maybe? Docherty too.

Maybe. The players on the pitch were doing well mind you . It worked out just fine. Credit to Gus and the team, crunch game and they did the business. Well worked corner for the first goal and cool finish at the second. Hilarious to see the Forfar players losing it at the third, especially Easton. Also brilliant to see all our players over to our fans at the end. Good scenes. First time we've scored 3 goals in a league 1 match since we won promotion 

Well deserved three points. MacLennan deserving of more than two minutes maybe? Docherty too.

I think we were defending so deep for 30 mins or so it was precarious to make a sub. I've highlighted several occasions where we've changed things only to lose a goal within minutes so fair play to Gus sitting tight. If any change might have helped, Donnelly was a passenger in the second and Duff would have been a better outball. I always get frustrated when we sit so deep but the defence proved themselves well, although the hoofball only buys short reprieve. Great credit to McLennan for choosing the pass for Docherty rather than blasting at the keeper. They both made their mark in the best possible way.

First half was excellent. Now that my 3-goals dream has come true I'm raising the bar to a full 90 like yesterday's first half. Leitch's goal was another step forward. Opportunist. Beautifully controlled. Ruthlessly finished. Others will be inspired. More will come.

Great to see Brady back at his best. He and McVey totally bossed Forfar. A special word for Conor. So often used as the handyman, he's been terrific the last few weeks. Plain and simple but very efficient and he's somehow learned to jump and head. One of our own.

Mick1867 stole my thunder on thanking the players. It was great to have them over. We're all in it together. Merry Christmas lads. You too Mick.

15 hours ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

My point exactly.

We missed a trick when we appointed GB in that shambles when Petrie should have been appointed. 

Two woeful decisions by the then chairman in a week, sacking Dick then not appointing SP but thinking GB was a better bet.

15 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Weir is getting an easy time in my opinion. That's a shocking run we're on and no end in sight

He's inherited a poor squad with zero moral and worsened by an appalling injury crisis. The bulk of the fan base know this and giving the benefit of doubt.

12 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Well deserved three points.

True but also the easiest three points you'll get this season (I hope).

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Thank f**k for farfar truly the worst team in angus sack the board :thumsup2

See above, this situation is down to one member of the board who has aspirations to be on the board of a larger more northerly football club ( as good a reason as any not to be on our board). He did a lot of good business wise for the club but undid all that with his choices of getting rid of a proven manager and not bringing in an obvious successor but appointing someone who is a very good coach but is woefully short of managerial skills.

Archived