Peterhead v Cowdenbeath

Have still not seen the incident but given its the SFA & Referees that are involved is there not a chance that they decide to back the ref & increase the ban for questioning his decision.

There is no such procedure. A tribunal can exceptionally consider increasing a ban if an appeal is considered frivolous, tactical, or had no real justification so had no chance of success.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There is no such procedure. A tribunal can exceptionally consider increasing a ban if an appeal is considered frivolous, tactical, or had no real justification so had no chance of success.

Something about that seemed to ring a bell, in last season play-off final 1st leg we had what most folk thought wrongly had  a player sent off for a second yellow video was submitted to show the ref got it wrong (in our opinion) in the meantime the appeal could not  be held before the 2nd leg & Mcmullin was able to play. The following was taken from our site.

The SFA Judicial Panel have decreed that the Match Referee did not make an an obvious error by cautioning Peterhead FC player Michael McMullin for simulation and subsequently sending him off for having received a second yellow card in the first leg of the League 1 Play-Off final against Forfar Athletic.

Peterhead FC had appealed the decision, submitting video and photographic evidence in which they had argued that there was contact between the Forfar defender and the Partick Thistle loan player.

The Judicial Panel also found Peterhead FC guilty of submitting a "frivolous" claim and doubled the player's suspension to two games.

Depends on how desperate you are for the player to be available but with referees & the SFA justice often does not enter into it you just need to see how some refs keep getting games week after week when if really judged on displays its them that should be sitting in the stand.

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

HIghlights:

The Cowden player does seem to raise an arm before he is sent off.

The 2 players shoved each other if anything it was more of a shove by Gibson. No way a red card for violent conduct if anything yellow cards for both players although I think some refs would have just spoke to the 2 players.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

In the papers they put it down as an elbow reporter must have either been blind or had too much drams before the game:lol:

Or standing at the opposite side from the camera, as I was.  I repeat - what I saw was quite clearly an elbow at the head of Gibson and I believe that the highlights clearly show contact being made.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Or standing at the opposite side from the camera, as I was.  I repeat - what I saw was quite clearly an elbow at the head of Gibson and I believe that the highlights clearly show contact being made.

I've looked it a few times and looks like Robbie made contact with his hand, Gibson was doing more of the shoving than Buchanan and started the whole thing. Seen worse things at games which haven't merited a card.

The reporter would have been along from the camera as that's where they go in the main stand.

Just have to wait and see what the SFA say I suppose.

Did not see it at the time as must have been making my way behind the stand on my way to the car, our highlights would look to be inconclusive. Am not know for having much sympathy for officials but you would think the ref thought he saw something worthy of a straight red at that stage of the game, there had been a bit of niggle going on with Cowdenbeath players holding on to the ball at fouls & set pieces which you can hardly be surprized at in their position, to see the game out for point would have kept them happy. We have had our share of dubious calls from officials it just rubbed salt into the wound that we were able to get a winner after the incident as well.

Guest TOPFITTER
25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I've looked it a few times and looks like Robbie made contact with his hand, Gibson was doing more of the shoving than Buchanan and started the whole thing. Seen worse things at games which haven't merited a card.

On the appeal, I would be astounded given the Ref's positioning allied to what could be described as evidence that shows a reaction that appears to be an arm/hand to Gibsons head area resulted in the appeal being upheld.

I have some sympathy with Cowdenbeath wasting time when possibly earning a point (surprised they didn't want to go for the 3) but on a Yellow, wasting time and reacting in the manner he did the Red Card could be as much for stupidity as for retaliation..

On time wasting in the game I guess it's Live By The Sword Die By The Sword, in this case Cowdenbeaths' hope of any points in this game died by it, C'est la vie.

Glad it's not my £500 being gambled !!!

On the appeal, I would be astounded given the Ref's positioning allied to what could be described as evidence that shows a reaction that appears to be an arm/hand to Gibsons head area resulted in the appeal being upheld.
I have some sympathy with Cowdenbeath wasting time when possibly earning a point (surprised they didn't want to go for the 3) but on a Yellow, wasting time and reacting in the manner he did the Red Card could be as much for stupidity as for retaliation..
On time wasting in the game I guess it's Live By The Sword Die By The Sword, in this case Cowdenbeaths' hope of any points in this game died by it, C'est la vie.
Glad it's not my £500 being gambled !!!

League 2 appeals are £250

I never moan about any team time wasting - they all do it when it is in their interest

Guest TOPFITTER
3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

League 2 appeals are £250

I never moan about any team time wasting - they all do it when it is in their interest

Thanks for the lesson in pedantry CC, apart from the monetary consideration I take it from your reply you have no argument with the rest of the content ;)

Three awful goals to concede. Not one a well worked move all just punts into the box. David Syme was missed clearly.

The game was crying out long before Buchanan saw red for Syme to come on and help deal with the hail marys

Guest TOPFITTER
2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Well at least we softened your next opponents up a bit for you today, they could still be chasing shadows come Tuesday :thumsup2

They'll still be moaning about the red card and probably get pumped in Montrose's efforts to assuage today's humiliation.

Archived