Peterhead v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER
On 12/25/2017 at 15:43, Cowden Cowboy said:

Viewed video no punch or elbowing 

Can you confirm Cowdenbeath FC will be mounting an appeal as well ?

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:43, Cowden Cowboy said:

Viewed video no punch or elbowing 

Do Cowdenbeath  film matches themselves as cannot find any highlights shown yet. Must admit I was at the game but must have been making my way round the back of the stand when the incident took place, saw our winner but did not realise anyone had been sent off.

On 12/25/2017 at 16:31, onecowden said:

He got booked early on in the game but I think he got a straight red for the sending off.

I've seen the footage that Cowden Cowboy seen.  It's a straight red that's given.  Gibson pushes Robbie twice so he gives him a slap to the back of the head.  It's hardly a big slap but I'd be stunned if the club were to be successful with any appeal.  If anything it should have been a booking for each player which would have seen Robbie sent off anyway!

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I've seen the footage that Cowden Cowboy seen.  It's a straight red that's given.  Gibson pushes Robbie twice so he gives him a slap to the back of the head.  It's hardly a big slap but I'd be stunned if the club were to be successful with any appeal.  If anything it should have been a booking for each player which would have seen Robbie sent off anyway!

Going by what you say it would seem a waste of money to appeal if it was only going to be reduced to a yellow and a sending off anyway. Better spending the £500 on something more useful.

PS 

Your still a fecking jinx:P we would probably have got a draw if you wern't there:lol:

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Going by what you say it would seem a waste of money to appeal if it was only going to be reduced to a yellow and a sending off anyway. Better spending the £500 on something more useful.

PS 

Your still a fecking jinx:P we would probably have got a draw if you wern't there:lol:

I wasn't there so....

proud

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Thought you would have been there as it's on your doorstep so to speak.

I did meet up with the directors and that at the pre match meal but had existing christmas plans which meant I didn't manage the game.  Thank Christ I wasn't there!

19 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I did meet up with the directors and that at the pre match meal but had existing christmas plans which meant I didn't manage the game.  Thank Christ I wasn't there!

^^^^^^^^

Told you were going last minute Christmas shopping:P

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think if red taken down to yellow on appeal, it would mean a one match ban for a two yellows  red as opposed to a two match ban for a straight red ?

I think Robbie will just have a 1 game for his red card, the new rules give out the games depending on the amount of sending offs you have had during the season.

David Syme ended up with 3 as he was sent off twice v Elgin ie he got a 1 game for the 1st sending off for the 2nd booking and then a further 2 games for his 2nd sending off offence after that.

I think Robbie will just have a 1 game for his red card, the new rules give out the games depending on the amount of sending offs you have had during the season.
David Syme ended up with 3 as he was sent off twice v Elgin ie he got a 1 game for the 1st sending off for the 2nd booking and then a further 2 games for his 2nd sending off offence after that.

Robbie would receive a 2 match immediate ban for a red card for Violent Conduct. That will now be set aside pending a hearing on Thursday 4 January. However, he also was cautioned on Saturday and as that was his sixth booking he has a one game suspension that begins on 6 January.

Sending offs for Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play and Spitting all attract a 2 game ban - all other sending offs attract a one match ban including those for two yellow cards. Each additional sending off in a season will mean an additional game is added to the next suspension - this if you had a 2 game suspension for a red card next time you would get a 3 game ban. Thus Davie Syme had two yellow cards = one match ban. His additional sending off offence meant a two game ban over and above that = 3 games.

Archived