Celtic v Aberdeen

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to rip the pish out of him by keeping the ball away from Lustig when he went to collect it for a throw in.

Too bad Derek couldn't keep the ball behind his back for 90 minutes to stop his team getting embarrassed.

Our grip on the midfield - and, by association, the game - significantly loosened after Shinnie got booked. We've seen enough times before how that can restrict his naturally combative style of play. He had a really strong first half hour, but his effectiveness gradually reduced from that point. He can be such a powerful presence when he plays without a brake on, but I do wish he didn't pick up as many cards. That's him one more booking away from a two game suspension. 
Stewart was probably our best attacking player. Rooney worked hard enough, but showed why McInnes doesn't consider him a guaranteed starter in the 'bigger' games. We will need to upgrade on O'Connor in midfield to win games such as these. Celtic deserved to win, but all three goals were highly fortuitous in one way or another. 

Can't disagree with the analysis here. Shinnie was massive for us until his usual stupid booking. Needs to play with a bit more sensibility. O'Connor is too cumbersome. Not enough attacking threat without Christie and McLean flatters to deceive.

Only moan yesterday the incompetent Douglas Ross. For both teams. An incredible amount of fouls right in front of him not given. Tory twat.

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

This fixture fills me with impotent rage. Although I'm getting so fucking bored of it its more of an impotent mild dis-satisfaction.

I hate celtic. but i hate their smug unwashed fans more. the dicks.

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I hate Lustig. My least favourite member of this particular Celtic vintage.
CHRISTMAS IS RUINED

addtext_com_MTI0NzE1MjcyNA.jpg

The first goal came at a bad time. Think we then found it difficult to re-establish the foothold in the second half that we found in the first.

Definitely missed the absentees yesterday, it meant there was a lot of pressure on GMS and Stewart but to be fair they both did ok.

Rooney put in a shift but we really needed a target man type - I know Stockley wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I think the wide players may have had more joy playing off him. Perhaps worth considering a target man type for January, moving Maynard on if need be.

Get the feeling that Shinnie is having to go full pelt and picking up bookings due to the rest of the central midfield being so passive. Again, something worth looking at in the window.

Look at all the glory hunting rhats getting carried away for beating the sheep at home.

You were skelped just last week by Heart of Midlothian Football Club and tanked 7 - 1 by PSG last month.

Brendan, 'Broonaldo' and the rest of the bhoys are dugmeat. 

And in other news I see...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42297312

Spoiler

Titter

Look at all the glory hunting rhats getting carried away for beating the sheep at home.
You were skelped just last week by Heart of Midlothian Football Club and tanked 7 - 1 by PSG last month.

Spoiler titter.png

It's rage like this that makes my day.

6 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Titter

That was the worst "don't let that distract you" type post yet.

An enjoyable game, Aberdeen were done after an hour as per.Despite the extra games we play we always seem to be streets ahead of Aberdeen fitness wise under Rodgers.

Thought Stewart had a good game for Aberdeen, Rooney seems a bit of a passenger in these games.  Ntcham was Motm for me but dont think any of the Celtic players put in a bad shift.

PS special mention to that fat *** mess Kris Boyd for getting the days drinking off to a flying start.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

It's rage like this that makes my day.

There's no reason for me to be raging, I know our place in the footballing food chain. I just fancied pissing on your collective chips.

Have a happy holiday season. 

Archived