Celtic v Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Kneetrembler said:

Rooney should play. He's scored more goals against Celtic than anyone else in the squad has. 

Rooney P 24 W 5 D 2 L 17 G 5 A 0

GMS      P 15  W 1 D 2 L 12 G 2 A 2

May       P 7     W  0 D 1 L  6 G 0 A 0

Greg S  P 7     W 0  D 3 L 4 G 0 A 1

I think he will play both Rooney and May against Celtic but one of them will be out wide. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love Aberdeen to win this and watch the panic that would ensue in the east end of Glasgow.

Hopefully the Dons aren't too reliant on Mackay Steven, despite his recent hat trick he's still a shitehouse of the first order.  One hard challenge early in the game and he will disappear into his shell.

14 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I'm not arguing that no one at all will skip games because it's on tv, I'm arguing that in Scotland it has an immaterial impact on revenue because the evidence suggests that attendance would be similar whether on tv or not. While it may detract you, it will also attract other fans who don't turn up regularly because it's a big game.

Under Brown and McGhee our attendances were pretty terrible across the board but there was still a noticeable drop for live tv fixtures. You'd see differences of >1,000 from week to week against sides of similar stature.

I'd love Aberdeen to win this and watch the panic that would ensue in the east end of Glasgow.
Hopefully the Dons aren't too reliant on Mackay Steven, despite his recent hat trick he's still a shitehouse of the first order.  One hard challenge early in the game and he will disappear into his shell.

He’s going to need to do a proper shift tomorrow, tracking back too. No reason he shouldn’t be expected to do so given tracking back is solely down to effort and application.

Wouldn’t normally have him anywhere near a game like this, but his performance last week and no Christie means he pretty much has to start.

Wish this was the live game  tomorrow ..Massive game , for both clubs, but beating Celtic  still needs some kind of outstanding  performance ..Hearts showed how it can be done last week  ..Hope Aberdeen really get stuck in  , defending for most of the game don,t work..

9 hours ago, gastropod said:

Wish this was the live game  tomorrow ..Massive game , for both clubs, but beating Celtic  still needs some kind of outstanding  performance ..Hearts showed how it can be done last week  ..Hope Aberdeen really get stuck in  , defending for most of the game don,t work..

Celtic play with much more intensity against Aberdeen and Sevco than they do against other Scottish teams. So, despite them being 2nd and 3rd best teams in the country, they are more likely to be handed a pumping than the rest. I would imagine that Hearts will now be added to that group.

Take it we have an illness in the squad. Bizarre line up.

Lewis

Considine
Reynolds
O,Connor
Ball
Shinnie
Arnason

McLean
Stewart
GMS

Rooney

Subs
Rodgers
McKenna
Maynard
Wright
Ross
Harvey
Campbell

Lewis

Considine
Reynolds
O,Connor
Ball
Shinnie
Arnason

McLean
Stewart
GMS

Rooney

Subs
Rodgers
McKenna
Maynard
Wright
Ross
Harvey
Campbell

is that 3 centre halves with considine and ball at wing back?

oh. shite.

Celtic to score 6 before del changes it at 35 mins.

Lewis

Considine
Reynolds
O,Connor
Ball
Shinnie
Arnason

McLean
Stewart
GMS

Rooney

Subs
Rodgers
McKenna
Maynard
Wright
Ross
Harvey
Campbell

Embarrassing. We'll be 3 down by half time. Rooney doesn't work as a lone striker. Considine doesn't work as a full back against Celtic. Ball hasn't played in months.
Trying to shitfest it and get a goal from a set piece maybe.

I fear the worst.

Embarrassing. We'll be 3 down by half time. Rooney doesn't work as a lone striker. Considine doesn't work as a full back against Celtic. Ball hasn't played in months.

I fear the worst.

You’re right. I would have started with Maynard.

I fear the worst.

It's hardly embarrassing if there's a bug,what else are we meant to do

Archived