Festive friendly match thread

glensmad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

Troon host Glenafton at Portland Park tomorrow (27th) with a 1pm kick-off. Free entry to all.

Bar’s open from 12.30pm and it’s our annual “Supporters Day” so it will be open long into the night after the game as well. Anyone looking for a football fix after a few days cooped up with the family will be more than welcome!

Ground is frozen solid here in West Lothian - how's the weather your way? Do you think this will be on?

Ground is frozen solid here in West Lothian - how's the weather your way? Do you think this will be on?

Park was absolutely fine today & although it is frosty outside right now, I’d expect it to be on. Portland Park’s right beside the seaside, so the salty air normally keeps the frost at bay.

I take it these sides in the West apart from Kilwinning who are promoting friendly matches put in for a fixture on the 30th of December ?

The ban was only on friendlies for 23rd and 30th. Any other day is fair game.

Park was absolutely fine today & although it is frosty outside right now, I’d expect it to be on. Portland Park’s right beside the seaside, so the salty air normally keeps the frost at bay.

Park is fine today, so game goes ahead with a 1pm kick-off today.

Anybody wanting to just get out of the house is more than welcome, FREE entry today for all!

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 21:29, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn v Fauldhouse United
Wednesday 27th December 2017
Toryglen Regional Football Centre
7.15pm kick off.

Would probably have headed along after work for this if it had been an hour earlier, I'm in need of a football fix

Not interested on the ban. Just interested in the teams that can raise enough players for a friendly but have'nt requested a competitive match on the 30th.

Not think committee might have other commitments

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:20, the original livi said:

Festive Friendlies
Thursday 21rst @BlackburnUnited v @Livingston_utd 19.45 ko New Murrayfield Park Blackburn 
Thursday 28th @bathgatethistle v @Livingston_utd 19.00 ko Bathgate Sport Centre

Thursday   match against Bathgate Juniors Off ,  due to snow and frozen pitch

On 12/26/2017 at 23:27, Dipple burn said:

I take it these sides in the West apart from Kilwinning who are promoting friendly matches put in for a fixture on the 30th of December ?

You'd be wrong to jump to that conclusion for reasons others have stated.

Archived