Festive friendly match thread

glensmad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maryhill v Muirkirk

Friday 29th December - Toryglen 7pm

This is the same fixture we attempted to play last week when both the Firhill Complex then Greenfield 3G flooded then froze over!

Free mini-issue of the match programme covering this game up for download from the website:

https://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/maryhillfootballclub/301074/Documents

Just read on Twitter that Kilwinning are playing Meadow on Saturday which has been arranged due to Meadows Scottish game being called off again. I am not saying I agree with the rules etc for one second but I was wondering how its been allowed, hopefully though common sense but it just seems strange after the SJFA's earlier stance?

Just read on Twitter that Kilwinning are playing Meadow on Saturday which has been arranged due to Meadows Scottish game being called off again. I am not saying I agree with the rules etc for one second but I was wondering how its been allowed, hopefully though common sense but it just seems strange after the SJFA's earlier stance?

Both teams had originally asked for a fixture on 23rd.

Good to see. I think the Buffs were having a family day which will now go ahead. However the clubs that put forward for a 30th December fixture have to be applauded when we have had endless threads on lack of games or too many games at the end of the season.

Quite right teams
complaining of congestion but don't want a game for 2-3 weeks. Just shows what a shambles
The whole setup is unprofessional . Everybody on holiday.
No Celtic Or Rangers players on holiday.
Let's get a grip on the future of the Junior game.

On 12/22/2017 at 20:10, Ringford10 said:

Quite right teams
complaining of congestion but don't want a game for 2-3 weeks. Just shows what a shambles
The whole setup is unprofessional . Everybody on holiday.
No Celtic Or Rangers players on holiday.
Let's get a grip on the future of the Junior game.

Well aye it is 'unprofessional' considering a lot of players are amateur status and only play for the love of the game.  And those that are on professional contracts will be getting £20, £30, £50 a week or whatever.

Unlike Celtic and Rangers,  we are not the main employers of our players and they're not wage slaves to us (as Johnstone Burgh have obviously suffered from today.) 

On 12/20/2017 at 23:00, Hillonearth said:

Maryhill v Muirkirk

Friday 29th December - Toryglen 7pm

This is the same fixture we attempted to play last week when both the Firhill Complex then Greenfield 3G flooded then froze over!

Free mini-issue of the match programme covering this game up for download from the website:

https://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/maryhillfootballclub/301074/Documents

Nice wee programme.

Troon host Glenafton at Portland Park tomorrow (27th) with a 1pm kick-off. Free entry to all.

Bar’s open from 12.30pm and it’s our annual “Supporters Day” so it will be open long into the night after the game as well. Anyone looking for a football fix after a few days cooped up with the family will be more than welcome!

Archived