Is there a disconnect between Scottish football clubs and their fans? (Online survey)

Hi everyone!

I have to conduct an online survey as part of my dissertation at university. It asks questions about your relationship with the club you support and to see whether or not a disconnect exists between Scottish football clubs and their fans.

It's an anonmous survey and it would be greatly appreaciated if you could have a look (It shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes).

Here's the link: https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3CoOV8UDLr1csrr

Thanks in advance if you do complete it! 

4 hours ago, scott_mcmillan said:

Hi everyone!

I have to conduct an online survey as part of my dissertation at university. It asks questions about your relationship with the club you support and to see whether or not a disconnect exists between Scottish football clubs and their fans.

It's an anonmous survey and it would be greatly appreaciated if you could have a look (It shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes).

Here's the link: https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3CoOV8UDLr1csrr

Anonymous and appreciated.

15 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Without taking the survey, I’ll say “yes”, there is a disconnect.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

And I’ll say “no”, there is no disconnect. So that clears it all up for the OP.

And I'll say "Maybe"

19 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

This is aimed at Celtic & Rangers fans.

"If you don't go to games, where do you watch the match?".  FYI most of us rarely have the option of watching our club on tv.

I thought that

And the whole survey seems based on the assumption that there will be a single answer that is broadly true for supporters of all clubs.

One would assume that it is harder to avoid a disconnect with ordinary supporters at bigger clubs than small ones

Even between clubs of similar scale the situation may be completely different at any given point in time (e.g. Hearts and Aberdeen right now)

Next time someone does one of these things they should get you and me to review the questions before it goes live

Hi everyone!

Why did you begin to follow the football team that you support?
  • Family/friends influence

• Agree with the club's core values

• Have an affinity with the club's fanbase

• Fond of a certain player/manager who is/was involved with the football team

• Other (Please comment)

Surely the most common answer would be "Because it's my local club?"

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I need to post this out again! Thanks for everyone who has already answered it, it's much appreciated!

Archived