Postman's Attire

PB 4.2

Hi there fellow forum members.  I'm posting via my mobile telephone semi-naked in bed as I try and to the complete the (first day of the holidays) 12 hour mega sleep I'd promised myself.    

My celestial rest was interupted by some half dressed hobo rattling my letterbox.   After offering him advice on how to use the doorbell, and suggested  he asked santa for a pair of trousers he intoduced himself as my postman.  

Naturally, I was keen to put in a complaint to the Perth depot so I started googling and it turns out shorts are an "Orderable extra" for any full-time postman.   Unbelievable!

Do you have a postman who's unable to dress himself?   Any posties in the P &B online football community? 

Shorts are the leg apparel of choice in all seasons for many an EH postie. If I was a postie I'd wear shorts. The legs just don't feel the cold and traipsing up and down Edinburgh tenement stairs will work up a sweat regardless of the time of year. 

However, in PB4.2 land, where people have manicured lawns, superior model Lexi or possibly even the odd Infiniti a more formal attire would seem appropriate. Formal wear with the post on a silver platter ideally and a polite cough at the bottom of the driver rather than this vulgar door-banging PB 4.2 mentions. 

The idea is that because the job requires some walking, employees can work semi-naked?    

Is this kind of dumbing-down of society prevalent in the field of home delivery shopping, meter reading or other courier based work?  

The idea is that because the job requires some walking, employees can work semi-naked?    
Is this kind of dumbing-down of society prevalent in the field of home delivery shopping, meter reading or other courier based work?  

Wearing shorts don’t mean your semi-naked unless you’re made keen on knees/shins. Have you reviewed your own thoughts here?

6 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Wearing shorts don’t mean your semi-naked unless you’re made keen on knees/shins. Have you reviewed your own thoughts here?

Much like the postman, I revisit my postings on a daily basis to ensure optimum delivery. 

My postman today was showing off his thighs, knees, calfs and ankles, which is made him about 50% clothed.    But you're not naive enough to think the postman is uniquely the only member of society immune to the harsh perils of winter.    

The golfer heading out during the winter-green season is investing in some Galvin Green's to keep things warm.   Yer hillwalker isn't stripping off to some tight fitting Umbro's to climb the mountains.   This idea these Postmen feel the cold in their top halves but their lowers are uniquely toasty is clearly bollocks and folk parroting this are complicit in the sexual exploitation of vulnerable women and bi/homosexual blokes.  

It reminds me of gardening enthusiasts who plant Pampus Grass to showcase their garden to the increasing numbers of friends visiting.    

Shorts-clad postmen know what they're doing.   Let's not fool society anymore.  

1 minute ago, PB 4.2 said:

Much like the postman, I revisit my postings on a daily basis to ensure optimum delivery. 

My postman today was showing off his thighs, knees, calfs and ankles, which is made him about 50% clothed.    But you're not naive enough to think the postman is uniquely the only member of society immune to the harsh perils of winter.    

The golfer heading out during the winter-green season is investing in some Galvin Green's to keep things warm.   Yer hillwalker isn't stripping off to some tight fitting Umbro's to climb the mountains.   This idea these Postmen feel the cold in their top halves but their lowers are uniquely toasty is clearly bollocks and folk parroting this are complicit in the sexual exploitation of vulnerable women and bi/homosexual blokes.  

It reminds me of gardening enthusiasts who plant Pampus Grass to showcase their garden to the increasing numbers of friends visiting.    

Just so you know, most people don't get embarrassingly and confusedly engorged by the sight of a postman in shorts, whatever their sexuality. I'd suggest a cold shower followed by a strong cup of tea before posting after your next delivery.

Hi PB 4.2. Firstly, thanks for taking the time to address my question. Means a lot.
Secondly, it seems your postman did have a lot skin on display which I do agree seems odd for the time of year - even if it has been more mild the last couple of days. However, I’d say, f**k it. As long as he’s happy and not forcing his ideas on anyone else I’m happy to leave well alone. I won’t join him in wearing shorts but equally I won’t try to rape him for wearing shorts.

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Hi PB 4.2. Firstly, thanks for taking the time to address my question. Means a lot.
Secondly, it seems your postman did have a lot skin on display which I do agree seems odd for the time of year - even if it has been more mild the last couple of days. However, I’d say, f**k it. As long as he’s happy and not forcing his ideas on anyone else I’m happy to leave well alone. I won’t join him in wearing shorts but equally I won’t try to rape him for wearing shorts.

And...thanks for your reply.    You've always struck me as an affable chap.    

Only evidence would quell my theory they're dressing this way for penetrative intercourse.  

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just so you know, most people don't get embarrassingly and confusedly engorged by the sight of a postman in shorts, whatever their sexuality. I'd suggest a cold shower followed by a strong cup of tea before posting after your next delivery.

The mason has a funny handshake.   

The straight knee, flexed knee pose told me everything I needed to know about shorts-clad posties.  

Archived