Bad habits

NJ2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My attitude exactly before trying it. Do you smoke? Have you tried the method? If you don't answer "yes" to both you're not really qualified to assess it's effectiveness are you? I'd be happy to sit down with you and read it to you.

Allan Carr ^^^^^

Bet you'd be a great candidate for sugar pill placebo studies.

I agree completely, but playing Devil’s Advocate, how come it works so well on so many people? Are there that many weak willed people out there?

I don’t think it would work on me. I am trying to quit for good in January, and quite a few people have tipped Allen Carr to me as something which worked incredibly well.

I agree completely, but playing Devil’s Advocate, how come it works so well on so many people? Are there that many weak willed people out there?

I don’t think it would work on me. I am trying to quit for good in January, and quite a few people have tipped Allen Carr to me as something which worked incredibly well.
Yes, there are a lot of simple souls around, just looking for something to believe in.

And I refuse to believe that all of these folk stayed off the demon weed thereafter. Guaranteed a lot of them will rave about that pseudo-crap book and then quietly note later that they still smoke.

53 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

More than one person has said pulling out nose hairs. Do you just put your fingers up and manage to grab one and pull? Do you have inch long hairs from your nose? Are you trying to kid on you don't pick your nose?

I can usually feel I have one or two that have gone rogue. They grown thicker and longer than the others and come out with a satisfying pop. Will take a pic and post result next time. 

Love biting my nails, just with I was as nimble as I used to be as a kid and give the toenails a good gnawing. I got carried away the other night with a schoolboy error and started on the thumbs first, meant I couldn’t rip the rest off. Once the nails are away and they stop bleeding, the skin is an extra treat

4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Love biting my nails, just with I was as nimble as I used to be as a kid and give the toenails a good gnawing. I got carried away the other night with a schoolboy error and started on the thumbs first, meant I couldn’t rip the rest off. Once the nails are away and they stop bleeding, the skin is an extra treat

Worst thing about getting older is not being able to chew my toenails off. Need a hacksaw or wire cutters these days, seem to get tougher.

I was a smoker from the age of 11, to 30. I stopped many, many times but my problem was, I really didn't want to quit. I knew it was unhealthy, anti-social, expensive and all the rest but I only quit because I felt I should. Problem was, I enjoyed it too much. So help me doG I did. Loved it in fact, and was always looking forward to my next opportunity to fire up a tab.

Then, while I was on one of my temporary breaks, I met the future Mrs. Shotgun. She's a severe asthmatic and can't be around smokers. So, I just stayed off them.

Over 25 years now and there's rarely a day I don't feel at least a mild craving. I'm craving a smoke right now.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Worst thing about getting older is not being able to chew my toenails off. Need a hacksaw or wire cutters these days, seem to get tougher.

Nail clippers are just not the same 

Biting my nails somehow seems to slightly piss the wife off, she goes mental though  when I spit the nail out

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My worst habit is randomly berating other posters on P&B, usually for no real reason other than boredom.

In fairness you are a bunch of worthless c***s.

Your worst habit is breathing, you slavering old c**t. 

Archived