Dumbarton vs Falkirk

Struggling to see how we can expect to finish out of the bottom two even with an upturn in form.Dumbarton and ICT whilst poor are still capable of picking up enough results and Dunfermline's would need to go on an even longer shitey run than their recent one to be genuinely in any sort of trouble.
Very tricky play off against Ayr or Raith on the cards.

PS
Merry Christmas!

Think we need to play and win in a play off semi final before we would likely face either of those two?

Correct me if wrong.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Think we need to play and win in a play off semi final before we would likely face either of those two?

Correct me if wrong.

I'll correct you, because you are wrong 

40 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Struggling to see how we can expect to finish out of the bottom two even with an upturn in form.Dumbarton and ICT whilst poor are still capable of picking up enough results and Dunfermline's would need to go on an even longer shitey run than their recent one to be genuinely in any sort of trouble.
Very tricky play off against Ayr or Raith on the cards.

PS
Merry Christmas!

It still is very much possible but will involve a huge 360 turn to what we are getting now. The St Mirren fan hit it on the head re the three players in midfield who were silky free flowing and creating for fun, match that with Loy on form and Sutton chipping in up top also versus our midfield whom words like dogged, defensive and lack of creativity and a strike force who has the odds stacked against them with lack of creativity and mainly hoof ball aimed at them.

We obviously will need to sign players too good to play in this league to get out of the play off spot.......all very possible but there is a dark cloud around the club at the moment, if its not brexit boardman, manager sacking, players getting outed by fans being x y z, youth development scenario etc will effect the club overall.

Time will tell if the many fans that are waiting the jan window more than xmas day have hit it on the nail.....its 60/40 against us for me now and im being generous

Yep, think I am correct.

Promotion and relegation

The champions are directly promoted to the Scottish Championship, swapping places with the bottom club of the Championship. The clubs finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 9th in the Championship then enter the two-legged Championship play-off. The 2nd-placed League One club plays the 3rd-placed League One club, whilst the team who finished 4th in League One will play the 9th-placed Championship side. The winners of these ties will then play each other. If a League One play-off winner prevails, that club is promoted, with the Championship club being relegated. If the Championship side is victorious, they then retain their place in the Championship.

Guest Back Post Misses

The league is very tight in the middle. Two flown at the top two isolated at the bottom and 6 teams who would beat each other virtually every time the play.

Our problems are middle to front. Whatever Hartley brings in has to be in that area after he got that LB to replace Gallacher.

If he can sort that I think we look solid enough to get ourselves out of this pickle. Having said that we need to get moving quickly into January. EEP seems the perfect place to start.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep, think I am correct.

Promotion and relegation

The champions are directly promoted to the Scottish Championship, swapping places with the bottom club of the Championship. The clubs finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 9th in the Championship then enter the two-legged Championship play-off. The 2nd-placed League One club plays the 3rd-placed League One club, whilst the team who finished 4th in League One will play the 9th-placed Championship side. The winners of these ties will then play each other. If a League One play-off winner prevails, that club is promoted, with the Championship club being relegated. If the Championship side is victorious, they then retain their place in the Championship.

My apologies. I've never looked at the relegation from this league and wrongly assumed it was simpler than that. Worrying that we need to get familiar with the workings of it though. 

My apologies. I've never looked at the relegation from this league and wrongly assumed it was simpler than that. Worrying that we need to get familiar with the workings of it though. 

Don’t think any of us thought we would need to consider this scenario tbh.

Definitely increases the concern re our survival hopes should we finish ninth.

On 24/12/2017 at 09:56, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given our current level of performance, league position and squad it will be a real achievement if we finish any higher than 9th. We have made some good improvements at the back but we don't look capable of scoring goals.

A lot of posters expect us to kick on in January when Hartley brings in his own men, I sincerely hope so, but it's a big ask to turn it round given how poor we are.

We also have to rely on ICT and Dumbarton failing to pick up many points and given there is a lot of poor teams in this league that is unlikely.

We can do it but nearly everything needs to go in our favour after January.

You'll be fine. Remember you're this seasons St Mirren.:whistle

Any Falkirk fan saying finishing above 9th will be a success is a total shitebag. You'll be fine. Top four is probably impossible now so it's still damage limitation but no way you end up in the bottom two.

Don’t think anyone thinks finishing above ninth will be a success.

However this seasons a write off in the league so at least above ninth allows us to prepare for next seasons Premiership title charge..,,

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Any Falkirk fan saying finishing above 9th will be a success is a total shitebag. You'll be fine. Top four is probably impossible now so it's still damage limitation but no way you end up in the bottom two.

I wished Id shared your enthusiasm for the above, I just cant see it. We had around half the league going through 8,9,10 or more games without a win, Queens did it twice throughout last season. We had Raith on a real stinking run, Morton, Queens twice and Dumbarton who couldnt win two games in a row all season. 

This season bar ourselves and Brechin its a case of win every now and again at worst for everyone above us, the top end obviously winning frequently.

a 10 point gap from the bottom 5 last season, this season so far its 23pts, The amazing thing is we have 11 pts and only won once.

Archived