Tannadice Terrors v Livi Lions 23/12/17

We were terrible at the first meeting of the two teams in October; it was the first of the two games that would see McKinnon getting the sack.

Looking back at the stats for that game Livi had quite a high foul/yellow card count as they did again last night; it this what we should expect to see as their way of coping with the resurgent silky soccer of the Tannadice Terrors?

I'd like to see the same team start for us as did in the abandoned game unless we can find a better RB option then Quinn should be dropped; failing which swap Quinn and Scobie for that position.

The three attacking midfielders to run the show again for United, but I want to see a bit more from McDonald.

If we can win this we will put a reasonable gap between ourselves and the team that currently occupy 4th spot, albeit they have a game in hand.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is already a kind of last chance saloon for Livingston to stay with the top two , their tactics at Paisley recently were similar , very physical , I wouldn't expect anything different on Saturday !

Home win, no bother. Whilst we picked up in the second half last night, a far more competent team than the current shitshow at Falkirk would’ve been a couple of goals up at half time.

Would happily take a point at the moment.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Since Ray was politely shown the door we've dismantled Falkirk, St Mirren, Dunfermline and Morton without any bother and I'd fully expect us to add Livi to that list on Saturday. 

Don't forget Dumbarton as well, which given our miserable performances there last year, is a bigger deal than it should be.

I fully expect this to be a completely different game to the last time out against Livi.

They key thing that has changed imo has been our complete dominance of games since Csaba took over, and I don't expect anything different here.

We do need to take more of our chances though, and earlier in games, as dominance counts for less and less as the clock gets closer to 90 at 0-0 and your opponent has something to hold on to. (Also shite for my blood pressure)

See Flood is in contention; I'd keep the same team as for QOS tho, even if he is (borderline) fit, in order that he is fully fit and ready to go for the Saints game at the end of the month.

'mon the Terrors.

37 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Would be tempted to play flood at right back if possible

Fair shout; again though, with the game being at Tannadice (and if Livi's stats against Falkirk yesterday are accurate), coupled with Livi having played midweek but not for about 3 weeks beforehand, I would expect us to have lots of the ball, and the defence to be under less pressure on Saturday than in Paisley the following week.

Poss being a bit overconfident, but would rather not rush Flood back if can possibly be avoided.....

I suspect that Ray's desperation to get Keatings back into the team way before he was ready is why he's still fucked now.....

18 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Fair shout; again though, with the game being at Tannadice (and if Livi's stats against Falkirk yesterday are accurate), coupled with Livi having played midweek but not for about 3 weeks beforehand, I would expect us to have lots of the ball, and the defence to be under less pressure on Saturday than in Paisley the following week.

Poss being a bit overconfident, but would rather not rush Flood back if can possibly be avoided.....

I suspect that Ray's desperation to get Keatings back into the team way before he was ready is why he's still fucked now.....

Ref was a shambles yesterday and it was two teams who haven't played in December so think it's fair to say both were rusty. Same ref that had a nightmare at Hamilton.

We've got Boyd in who's likely to run at you guys and would like to see Toddy start up top to hassle your guys. You'll have seen in the last game that we like to fight in the middle of the park for the ball so if Utd's midfield aren't going to be going all in it might be less of the ball than you'd think.

One of the biggest reasons we were off pace yesterday though was due to the illness bug going through the squad which, hopefully is gone by now. From the sounds of it a few were still ill last night and played through it, Lithgow had to go to Hopkin and make a case that he was well enough to play  - I know De Vita was unwell too. Number quoted in the Courier was 7-9 players with illness bug/sickness bug.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ref was a shambles yesterday and it was two teams who haven't played in December so think it's fair to say both were rusty. Same ref that had a nightmare at Hamilton.

We've got Boyd in who's likely to run at you guys and would like to see Toddy start up top to hassle your guys. You'll have seen in the last game that we like to fight in the middle of the park for the ball so if Utd's midfield aren't going to be going all in it might be less of the ball than you'd think.

One of the biggest reasons we were off pace yesterday though was due to the illness bug going through the squad which, hopefully is gone by now. From the sounds of it a few were still ill last night and played through it, Lithgow had to go to Hopkin and make a case that he was well enough to play  - I know De Vita was unwell too. Number quoted in the Courier was 7-9 players with illness bug/sickness bug.

Fair one. Bit of bad luck to have half your squad with the shits on the day that they get their first game for 3 weeks.

That being said, I'm not sure that's going to be a plus for you on Saturday either tbf.

Only other point I'd say in terms of a fight in the middle of the park, is that since you saw us last, United have become far more comfortable on the ball, and have been moving it significantly quicker than before, leaving opposing players having to do a lot of chasing before they can get down to a scrap.

Again, probably setting myself up for a fall, but based on the past 6 or 7 games, I would expect us to dominate possession and make lots of chances. 

Just hope we take a few..... ;)

This is gonna be a tough one to get anything from, I’ve said all season that Dundee Utd would be the team to beat and I still believe that’s the case. 

If it’s true about the virus running through our squad this may just be a game too far, we will need to be at our very best to get anything from this so any player off the pace will cause us problems. 

Depending on who’s fit I think I’d go :-

Alexander, Penrice, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Mullin, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Boyd, Toderov

Im looking forward to a trip to Tannadice, think the last time we’d have played up there would have been 2006, I don’t think we have a great record either, our last win in 2003 ? 

Dunno why Keaghan didn't get a game against Falkirk, with the way Falkirk played he'd have been ideal in that game, he takes no prisoners going into tackles. Hopefully Hopkin's starts him on Sat though, he may well have held him in reserve for this game to keep him fresh to rotate players. Robinson and Boyd are good attacking players, i'd play both with Todorov up front as our target man. Utd will be heavy favourites for this and i'm not too confident of us getting anything, just want us to get stuck in and give them a hard game, we may get a lucky break in front of goal and scrape a draw, or Boyd actually gets one on target and hit a 25 yarder into the top corner.

Been lookin forward to this game since the fixtures were announced!!

Away trip to Tannadice just before Xmas perfect!!

Onto the chuff chuff for some pre-match festivities on the tracks then a few pints enroute in Dundee.

As for the game feel United will edge it,they were always gonna be the team to beat this season,they are the biggest club in the Championship this season.

Like most livi fans not bothered about finishing top 2,just pleased with how this season has so far went and a top half finish is a good outcome for us.

Lookin forward to Saturday's trip  :thumsup2

Archived