Players of the season

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I thought Harkins was dug meat against us, don't think he completed a pass the whole first half. Everything he touched went out of play, especially his set pieces. He did work his backside off which whilst surprising, is the least you'd expect. I think his equalising penalty and badge kissing after may have clouded a few Ton fans judgement.

Oliver's performance was the best I've seen from an opposition player this season, maybe apart from McDonald's at Tannadice a few weeks ago.

He’s been decent for the past couple of months. He was still trying to build a partnership with Murdoch at the St Mirren game but since then he’s probably been our best player. 

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Take it Halkett is away on a PCA in the summer as well then, haven't heard anything about any contracts from the club which is worrying. No doubt away in January for a nominal fee..

I have no idea, quite a few scouts at last nights game, Stephen Robinson looked the most interested spectator. 

A few to pick from at St Mirren so far. Samson, Eckersley and McGinn are the best players in their position in the league, Morgan is arguably the best player in the league and Reilly has been an excellent signing, not just his scoring, but with the assists as well, as he showed again on Saturday. However, for me it's been Cammy Smith. He links the midfield and the attack so well, he scores goals, and we really struggle without him.

For the opposition, the two best players I've seen play against us have been Higginbotham in Dunfermline's 3-0 win at EEP and Tom Walsh in Dumbarton's 1-0 win in Paisley.

Too many to choose from down Paisley way. Morgan can be totally outstanding but did dip recently although seems to be getting back to normal. The most consistent player is Cammy Smith. Above average in every single game he has played.

Opposition wise no-one in the Utd team impressed me which was a surprise. Dobbie of course and Mullen who is now a Buddie. :) . Dunne, the young Falkirk player was very impressive when he came on against us through at Grangemouth. Ryan Willaimson at Dunfermline is a standout in the games I have seen him in. The Pars had the best team performance against us through there but pretty poor in Paisley.

Archived