Players of the season

Dobbie sticks out for us obviously  then Jacobs and Fordyce for me.
Pars fans are going to love this thread when the read about Fordyce and Gav!
I don't know of many, if any Pars fans that wouldn't wish Fordyce well.

Providing that Reilly carries on playing absolutely dreadful against Dunfermline I'm happy for him to take points off other teams in the division, he's been a more effective Dunfermline player this season than last.

Swing and a miss again Gav.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lamie would have been justifiable a few weeks ago but his form has dipped since being moved to left-back, in Duffy's latest challenge to fit as many square pegs in round holes as possible.  The very fact that Harkins is somehow waddling his way into contention for other fans underlines how utterly mediocre our first half of the season has been. 

Pass.

Dobbie had a decent game at Dumbarton midweek recently but it wasn't anything massively special from him and he was very quiet in the 1-0 home win over you so surprised at his mention here. He's our best player by an absolute mile, quite probably the best player in the division, but he's been truly outstanding in only 2 or 3 games this season.
I'd probably put Kyle Jacobs as our Player of the Season so far He's Mr Consistency in terms of what he does, most of which is when we don't have the ball. Dobbie is our best player per above but hasn't done it often enough to date. The three centre backs (Fordyce, Kerr and Brownlie) would be right up there too.

I thought Dobbie was really good in the 2nd half of the midweek game. He was breezing past some of our players like they weren't even there. His sublime close control and ability to wriggle out of any situation was on full show IMO.

I have seen him produce better but even when he's not at his absolute best he's great to watch.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought Dobbie was really good in the 2nd half of the midweek game. He was breezing past some of our players like they weren't even there. His sublime close control and ability to wriggle out of any situation was on full show IMO.

I have seen him produce better but even when he's not at his absolute best he's great to watch.

Aye that's pretty much what I thought. He looked like a guy who could've turned it on at any minute, strolled through a few challenges and stuck one in the net - but didn't.

Full FootyLadBANTZ #RUSPECT to the club who saved his #career.

47 minutes ago, virginton said:

Lamie would have been justifiable a few weeks ago but his form has dipped since being moved to left-back, in Duffy's latest challenge to fit as many square pegs in round holes as possible.  The very fact that Harkins is somehow waddling his way into contention for other fans underlines how utterly mediocre our first half of the season has been. 

Pass.

It's a wee shame.

This is a hard one for us I would say, as that over the course of the season, apart from Fraser in patches, (especially recently), I don't think we have had a single stand out player.

Before Ray got booted, we were pretty much equally dire in all areas, but our improvement has really come as a unit since Csaba came in, and different players chipping in with goals rather than one player standing head and shoulders above the rest.

Perhaps by season's end it will be easier to pick a winner.

45 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Billy King looked good when United won at the Rock recently. No idea whether he's been a consistent performer this season though. 

One of the few opposition players to give Sam Wardrop any bother at all.

Can't specifically recall King standing out in the game you are talking about here but he certainly has shown a marked improvement in form recently. 

Then again, pretty much everyone has to a greater or lesser extent tbf......

15 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

For us Craig Halkett and Lewis Morgan from the opposition. 

Take it Halkett is away on a PCA in the summer as well then, haven't heard anything about any contracts from the club which is worrying. No doubt away in January for a nominal fee..

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Pass.

I thought Harkins was dug meat against us, don't think he completed a pass the whole first half. Everything he touched went out of play, especially his set pieces. He did work his backside off which whilst surprising, is the least you'd expect. I think his equalising penalty and badge kissing after may have clouded a few Ton fans judgement.

Oliver's performance was the best I've seen from an opposition player this season, maybe apart from McDonald's at Tannadice a few weeks ago.

Opposition players to have stood out so far include: Stephen McGinn and Lewis Morgan (as usual) from St Mirren, Harry Lewis and Billy King for Dundee United (and for about half an hour in the first game Paul McMullan) and Craig Halkett of Livingston. Tom Walsh had a really good game against us for Dumbarton too.

Other than our Lord and Master, I'd have to say our best player has been Jason Kerr. Dominant in the air, great with his feet and a threat from set pieces. He probably as close to a complete defender that we'd be able to get. Hopefully he stays for the rest of the season.

Archived