West Region 6th & 13th January

andy25

47 minutes ago, theshed said:
1 hour ago, kenny131 said:
Are you suggesting he sticks to a week by week basis ?

No I suggest that Scottish cup ties are kept away from late November through until late January , three or four quickfire rounds before then , that eliminates the Scottish cup creating havoc in the months that are normally freezing and allowing league games to be played to the maximum , this needs to be addressed before fixtures being given to march

A successful motion at the SJFA AGM should do that.

Unless the person in charge of fixtures there is as arrogant and stubborn as somebody else we know.

Surely not.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, archieb said:

A successful motion at the SJFA AGM should do that.

Unless the person in charge of fixtures there is as arrogant and stubborn as somebody else we know.

Surely not.

Nobody at the SJFA actually sets fixtures. The draw is made, there are are set dates for each round and then circumstances, i.e. weather, ground conditions, etc take charge.  It is a pre-determined schedule but unfortunately subject to disruption such as we have experienced in the past month. We just have to live with it, it was a lot worse in times gone by with ties sometimes going to multiple replays, five I think is the record for one round. Lugar Boswell had played fourteen games in the cup to reach the final in 1956, 15 including the final. Irvine Meadow also 15 games when they lost to Bo'ness in the 1948 final, that was the year they had played in front of 220,000 spectators in their cup run. 

On 20 December 2017 at 13:32, Wild Winton Rover said:

Christmas No 1 single on the Pie and Bovril charts the duo of Glens Mad and Archie B with 'But its in the constitution' from the album 'Things have got to done by the book'

Appearing live at the Rutherglen Club on Christmas Eve if not postponed due to weather conditions. The duo will be announcing their  touring schedule for the next 3 months in April.

Bing.jpg

I've got a mate from Cambuslang that would be very interested in that venue.

54 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

Fixtures up for some games on 17th February.

This one game at a time nonsense is just embarrassing...

Think it is Jnr cup round 5 that day

From memory the West jfa tweet earlier said there would be more up after the games on 20th. 

I know this isn't what we were promised but, as a lot of Premier teams are still int he cup at this moment in time, he has given out about the only fixture he could for the other 2 teams

1 hour ago, Troon Portland said:

Fixtures up for some games on 17th February.

This one game at a time nonsense is just embarrassing...

33 minutes ago, Lord Talbot said:

Think it is Jnr cup round 5 that day

From memory the West jfa tweet earlier said there would be more up after the games on 20th. 

I know this isn't what we were promised but, as a lot of Premier teams are still int he cup at this moment in time, he has given out about the only fixture he could for the other 2 teams

The problem is that one-matchday-at-a-time is the only way our fixtures guy knows how to schedule fixtures and, having yet again started the season that way, he has no option other than to continue with that tried-and-failed method.

What SHOULD have happened from the start of this season, and what MUST happen for next season is that, using the region's previously mentioned computer program or otherwise, a FULL SEASON set of 30 league matchday fixtures must be drawn up, initially 15 of them in which each club in each division plays each of the others once and once only, either home or away, with home and away fixtures alternating. The reverse sets of fixtures will then become those for the second half of the season. With 16-team divisions this is very easy to do.

Then, these 15 matchday fixture sets are allocated to dates in the calendar between the start of the season and 31st December, missing out those dates allocated to the Junior Cup Rounds 1-3 and West of Scotland Cup Round 1 (and 2?)

Clubs which find themselves idle due to receiving byes in the Junior Cup R1 or elimination from later rounds are allocated to play, in order of priority, (i) previously postponed matches or (ii) with both clubs' agreement, games drawn forward from matchdays allocated to dates later in the season.

Matches postponed due to weather, cup replays etc are rescheduled for the first available free date or, ultimately, midweek dates late in the season.

What I've outlined above is not so very different from what happens now in terms of postponed matches, which will always be unavoidable, but the advance planning would ensure that, as much as weather permits, clubs do not face long sequences of consecutive home or away games and can, to a much greater degree than at present, plan travel, matchday hospitality etc etc well in advance.

Once the initial setting up of matchday fixture lists is done, it would also make the ongoing job of the fixture-setter during the season SO much easier than it currently is!

Can you do everyone a favour and change the record Erchie? Your rants are not going down well with the high heid yins at the West Region or at Pollok. I believe you have been “asked” several times to cease and desist as you could be perceived as complaining on behalf of the club. Evans had his appeal against his red card against Kilbirnie rejected and doubled as had McCann. The thinking is that is a result of you and your crusade. As a Pollok committee member, you are a disgrace and a liability. Please resign, go away and give us all peace.

Archived