Royal Rumble 2018

JamieStevenson

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

They really don't give a shit, do they?  At least they won't piss off the people in attendance this time, I suppose.  

it could end up being a good thing if she actually plays a character well.  She's alright as a heel, despite emasculating every male wrestler with no fear of repercussions.  If she goes in and does a proper heel commentary job, it could be alright.  She'll be better than Lita was for the Mae Young Classic anyway.

Heard one rumour about an entrant, spoiler tagged for anyone who doesn't want to see, although it's very tenuous and may well not happen.

Pete Dunne is/was rumoured after cancelling an independent date.  Could be a good wee entrant who gets a couple of eliminations, acts like a dick, then gets punted by Reigns or something.

Further to that btw...

WWE have pulled UK guys from indy dates on big PPV weekends pretty constantly now. It doesn't mean much. The reason ICW don't have the Square Go on rumble sunday now is to make sure they have everyone at their disposal that they need.

^ Fair enough, hadn't realised that.  

Anyway, I don't really expect many surprises at all in the main show.  Maybe a few roster members we weren't expecting, like Mark Henry, Ziggler etc, but the past couple - certainly last year - have been fairly ordinary in that regard given how huge the roster has become.  They'll load the women's Rumble up with surprises to make up for it.

EDIT: Further to that, last year the only one you could consider a real surprise was Tye Dillinger coming up from NXT.  Maybe Ellsworth, although he was still "big" at that point.  In 2016 we had Zayn up from NXT, but we did get AJ Styles debuting, so a pretty big one.  Nothing beyond that.  2015 had the Boogeyman (lol), Bubba Ray and DDP, and 2014 had Rusev (from NXT), JBL (from commentary) and Kevin Nash.

Actually, just saw the card for the 2015 show.  The Triple threat was brilliant, but outside of that, with the Rumble that got absolutely shat upon, is this the least imaginative card they've put together for a big show?

No. Results Stipulations Times[20]
1P Cesaro and Tyson Kidd (with Adam Rose and Natalya) defeated The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods) Tag team match[49] 11:03
2 The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) defeated The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) Tag team match[50] 5:25
3 The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) defeated Damien Mizdow and The Miz Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship[51] 9:20
4 The Bella Twins (Brie Bella and Nikki Bella) defeated Paige and Natalya Tag team match[52] 8:05
5 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) defeated Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury) and John Cena Triple threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship[53] 22:42
6 Roman Reigns won by last eliminating Rusev 30-man Royal Rumble match for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania 31[54] 59:31

The Rumble was worth a watch for sheer car-crash value I suppose

16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

IMG_1414.jpg

Oh f**k off.

She's a cuntress. I can't stand her. It always has to be about her. She takes load of credit for the 'Women's Revolution', but has done f**k all.

Get her to f**k. She ruins every segment she's in.

57 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I've got a feeling she's not there purely in a "get me in there" thing. Someone's getting into a physical altercation with her at some point.

True, although that's a far more galling prospect than her just being there to be a shitty heel.  Is there really anyone in the field that it would make sense for her to get involved in at this stage?

There were vague rumours of the match for WM being Rousey vs Steph, either with HHH and one other as a mixed tag match, or just as a quick squash (think I heard Rousey and Stroman vs Steph and HHH...fucking lol).  If so, and they've decided to waste what would undoubtedly be a huge moment on another McMahon, then they really are taking the piss.  the only way they could perhaps save it is persuading the Rock to come back to be the other guy, but even then that seems a tremendous waste of 3 out of the 4 involved, 4 if you count Steph not being able to dress far younger than her age like some kind of circus dominatrix element of HHH's entrance.

If they planned long-term, I could see Bayley fitting in to that role, even though it'd be a bit of a repeat of the Bryan story.  But they fucking hate Bayley, so doubt that'll happen.

Also, Rousey now saying she won't be at the Rumble, instead going to Colombia until mid-February to finish a movie.  Could be a swerve, but I'd imagine they'd rather have her say nothing than that if she was appearing.

to the prediction league!

4 hours ago, forameus said:

Also, Rousey now saying she won't be at the Rumble, instead going to Colombia until mid-February to finish a movie.  Could be a swerve, but I'd imagine they'd rather have her say nothing than that if she was appearing.

to the prediction league!

Wouldn't have a problem with that tbh.

Rousey is an arsehole of the highest order.

7 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Mental must be no pre show matches. Surprised they didn’t announce a cruiserweight multi man for the title or even a jobber match like Zack Ryder v Mojo or Heath v Apollo.

They'll surely put something on the pre-show, even if it's thrown together.  It's fucking 2 hours.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

They'll surely put something on the pre-show, even if it's thrown together.  It's fucking 2 hours.

They should just do what Heyman often did in ECW and look to see who is milling around backstage then telling them they're on

Archived