Confirmed January Transfers

The same way Gavin Reilly was shite at Dunfermline and is doing okay at St. Mirren. Sometimes it doesn't work out at a club. He was excellent last time he was here and on this loan spell he hasn't been any different from that occaision.
It's amazing how these kind of transfers have worked out for us since being relegated. Guys like Agnew, Ben Gordon, Carswell, Kirkpatrick ect seemed to have decent pedigree, some even playing well at this level for clubs like Dumbarton, we sign them and they are rotten. They leave after a season then play well again at the same level. Weird how it happens on a regular basis.
Declan McManus was laughed at but he's been alright as well, even big M'voto and Robinson have proved there worth.

You also have the instance where players will be good at a level, know the surroundings and then still absolutely stink the place out, Loy and Shankland...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Probably as mentioned above more to do with the uncertainty over which division we'll be in next season to be honest. I can't see any player really wanting to sign for us for longer than six months at the moment, we're absolute horse shit. 

I understand, and for what it's worth I don't think you will be relegated although Hartley's face if you did would be a priceless gem.

Isn't exactly a show of confidence from the lad though, or a vote of confidence in the team as whole.

30 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I realise that, my comment was more tongue in cheek.

Is the short length of the deal down to Longridge or Falkirk? He seems to have made a difference, you'd expect a deal to be 18 months at least.

What difference has he made, specifically?

He's run about a lot, scored one goal in 8 appearances, and been non threatening the vast majority of the time.

The boy seems keen to do his bit, so thumbs up for that, but it's a major league meh from me.

On 05/01/2018 at 15:43, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What difference has he made, specifically?

He's run about a lot, scored one goal in 8 appearances, and been non threatening the vast majority of the time.

The boy seems keen to do his bit, so thumbs up for that, but it's a major league meh from me.

Hindsight is a shitty hand to play on a football forum, but you still a "meh"?

On 31/12/2017 at 14:32, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Liam Dick joins Dumbarton from Stranraer:

I think Dicko will do a job for you in this league, I always thought he was a decent player but he was breaking into the senior team at the same time as Stephen Kinsgley and then Luke Leahy came in so he didn't really get the chance to make much of an impact as they were better players. I think he will be solid and consistent for the next 6 months.

I think Dicko will do a job for you in this league, I always thought he was a decent player but he was breaking into the senior team at the same time as Stephen Kinsgley and then Luke Leahy came in so he didn't really get the chance to make much of an impact as they were better players. I think he will be solid and consistent for the next 6 months.
I must admit, first impressions of him have been very positive. He's slotted into a fairly makeshift back four really comfortably and would be in with a shout of MOTM in both of his games so far.

Long may it conitnue with Boomer seemingly out for between 4 weeks and the season, depending on what you read!

Archived