Confirmed January Transfers

Ha! You all thought that NorthBank beat me to this. Keep this thread solely for confirmed transfers, and stick all your rumours and general chat in the other thread here.

We're almost ready for the opening of the January transfer window, famed for saving St Mirren last year, us the year before and God knows who else before that. Looking at things I'd expect Falkirk to be the busiest team, although it'll be interesting to see if Brechin manage to give their squad a real shakeup to avoid been cut too adrift.

On the DFC side of things we don't need a full rebuild for the first time in a while. Greg Morrison's loan is up and, given he's struggled to adapt to first-team football at this level, I'd imagine we'll say 'thanks but no thanks' to extending it. Ally Roy's deal is up too, but I'd imagine it'll be extended as he's a handy player to have about. We'll no doubt let another couple go, with wee Chris Johnston leading the way in that section. He's basically spent the past few months travelling the country wearing a Dumbarton trackie - and it's doing nobody any good. I wouldn't be against allowing a couple of other squad players to head out on loan either.

Incoming there's been little discussed. We badly, badly, badly need a striker, so John Sutton would be smashing. I'd also like to hope that Durrant might be able to sort us out with a Rangers loanee too.

Legal points: This is my thread, and my weird rules are, erm, the rules. So don't try and change them. Also, any tabloid journos reading who are thinking of copying and pasting this into a newspaper (grammar and all) fancy asking first? 

Brechin City

In: Callum Tapping (Queen of the South), Dylan Mackin (Livingston, loan), Calumn Morrison (Hearts, loan),  Craig Storie (Aberdeen), Kostadin Gadzhalov (Dundee, loan)

Out: Ally Love (Clyde), Elliot Ford (Released), Chris O'Neil (Airdrieonians, loan)

Dumbarton

In: Liam Dick (Stranraer), Iain Russell (Free Agent), Kevin Nisbet (Partick Thistle, loan), Andy Stirling (Queen of the South, loan), Aidan Wilson (Rangers, loan), Liam Burt (Rangers, loan)

Out: Kyle Prior (BSC Glasgow, loan), Greg Morrison (Ross County, loan expired), Ally Roy (Heart of Midlothian, loan expired), Chris Johnston (Peterhead, loan)

Dundee United

In: Craig Slater (Colchester United, loan), Brandon Mason (Watford, loan), Emil Lyng (Knattspyrnufélag Akureyrar), Sam Stanton (Hibernian), Thomas Mikkelsen  (Ross County, loan), Idris Kadded (Vaulx-en-Velin), Logan Martin (Genoa), Grant Gillespie (Hamilton Academical) 

Out: Patrick N'Koyi (Released), Graham Taylor (Edinburgh City, loan), Harvey Dailly (Released), Brett Long (Elgin City, loan)

Dunfermline Athletic

In: Lee Robinson (Free Agent), James Craigen (Falkirk), James Vincent (Dundee, loan), Tom Beadling (Sunderland, loan), Daniel Armstrong (Wolverhampton Wanderers, loan)

Out: Callum Smith (Alloa Athletic, loan)

Falkirk

In: Tommy Robson (Sunderland), Andrew Nelson (Sunderland, loan), Sean Welsh (Free Agent), Louis Longridge (Hamilton Academical), Ryan Blair (Swansea City, loan), Alex Jakubiak (Watford, loan), Conor Hazard (Celtic, loan)

Out: Nathan Austin (Inverness Caledonian Thistle), Conrad Balatoni (Torquay United), Luca Gasparotto (Greenock Morton), Scott Shepherd (Edinburgh City, loan), Cameron Blues (Edinburgh City, loan), Liam Henderson (Edinburgh City), Lee Miller (Livingston), James Craigen (Dunfermline Athletic), Mark Kerr (Ayr United), Myles Hippolyte (St Mirren)

Greenock Morton

In: Luca Gasparotto (Falkirk), Frank Ross (Aberdeen, loan), Conor Brennan (Ballymena United), John Baird (Inverness Caledonian Thistle, loan)

Out: Connor McManus (East Fife), Ross Doohan (Celtic, loan expired),  Ben Armour (Annan Athletic, loan), Darren Barr (Stirling Albion)

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

In: Nathan Austin (Falkirk)

Out: Alex Cooper (Fresno FC), David Raven (Wrexham), Matthew Elsdon (Middlesbrough, loan expired), Owain Fôn Williams (Indy Eleven, loan), Felitciano Zschusschen (Released), John Baird (Greenock Morton, loan)

Livingston

In: Steven Boyd (Hamilton Academical, loan), Jordan Thompson (Rangers, loan), Gregor Buchanan (St Mirren), Jack McMillan (Motherwell), Lee Miller (Falkirk), Ryan Hardie (Rangers, loan)

Out: Danny Mullen (St Mirren), Craig Henderson (Cowdenbeath, loan), James Penrice (Partick Thistle, loan expired), Dale Carrick (Airdrieonians), Jack Hamilton (Berwick Rangers, loan), Josh Peters (Forfar Athletic), Ross Brown (Airdrieonians), Nikolay Todorov (Heart of Midlothian, loan expired), Dylan Mackin (Brechin City, loan), Matthew Knox (East Fife, loan)

Queen of the South

In: Joe Thomson (Celtic, loan), Myles Beerman (Rangers, loan), Kyle Cameron (Newcastle United, loan), Dominic Thomas (Kilmarnock, loan), Nikolay Todorov (Heart of Midlothian, loan)

Out: James McFadden (Released), Callum Tapping (Brechin City), Jason Kerr (St Johnstone, loan expired), Chris Kane (St Johnstone, loan expired), Jesse Akubuine (BSC Glasgow, loan), Andy Stirling (Dumbarton, loan)

St Mirren

In: Danny Mullen (Livingston), Lewis Morgan (Celtic, loan), Ryan Flynn (Oldham Athletic), Mark Hill (Celtic, loan), Myles Hippolyte (Falkirk)

Out: Ross Stewart (Alloa Athletic, loan), David Clarkson (Retired), Dale Hilson (Forfar Athletic), Jamie McCart (Celtic, loan expired), Lewis Morgan (Celtic), Andrew McDonald (Elgin City, loan), Darryl Duffy (Airdrieonians, loan), Conor O'Keefe (Annan Athletic, loan), Evan Horne (Annan Athletic, loan), Gregor Buchanan (Livingston), Jordan Kirkpatrick (Alloa Athletic, loan), Cameron MacPherson (Stranraer, loan)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping for at least one central midfielder as the absolute minimum for this window. Of course I know this is just general transfer chat, but knowing Sonsteam of 08 will be twitching with sheer anger at this makes it all worthwhile. 

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Hoping for at least one central midfielder as the absolute minimum for this window. Of course I know this is just general transfer chat, but knowing Sonsteam of 08 will be twitching with sheer anger at this makes it all worthwhile. 

I'm just relieved to be back in a position of power during a transfer window to be honest.

29 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Ha! You all thought that NorthBank beat me to this. Keep this thread solely for confirmed transfers, and stick all your rumours and general chat in the other thread here.

We're almost ready for the opening of the January transfer window, famed for saving St Mirren last year, us the year before and God knows who else before that. Looking at things I'd expect Falkirk to be the busiest team, although it'll be interesting to see if Brechin manage to give their squad a real shakeup to avoid been cut too adrift.

On the DFC side of things we don't need a full rebuild for the first time in a while. Greg Morrison's loan is up and, given he's struggled to adapt to first-team football at this level, I'd imagine we'll say 'thanks but no thanks' to extending it. Ally Roy's deal is up too, but I'd imagine it'll be extended as he's a handy player to have about. We'll no doubt let another couple go, with wee Chris Johnston leading the way in that section. He's basically spent the past few months travelling the country wearing a Dumbarton trackie - and it's doing nobody any good. I wouldn't be against allowing a couple of other squad players to head out on loan either.

Incoming there's been little discussed. We badly, badly, badly need a striker, so John Sutton would be smashing. I'd also like to hope that Durrant might be able to sort us out with a Rangers loanee too.

Legal points: This is my thread, and my weird rules are, erm, the rules. So don't try and change them. Also, any tabloid journos reading who are thinking of copying and pasting this into a newspaper (grammar and all) fancy asking first? 

Woooah there partner. The highlighted bit is NOT CONFIRMED and supposition and conjecture - a bit like the original thread. And mine was started first so close this NOW.  :)

Edit to Add: Since I am a Buddie hence one of the good guys I'll let you post on my Pinned topic your list of confirmed transfers. I'll handle the rumours and speculation.

13 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Falkirk off the mark nice and early. It's almost that bloke from the EDL too.

A defender who can't get a game for Sunderland, wonder how this is gonna work out?

16 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Brechin City

In: 

Out: 

Dumbarton

In: 

Out: 

Dundee United

In: 

Out: 

Dunfermline Athletic

In: 

Out: 

Falkirk

In: Tommy Robson (Sunderland)

Out: 

Greenock Morton

In: 

Out: 

In: 

Out: 

Livingston

In: Steven Boyd (Hamilton Academical, loan)

Out: Danny Mullen (St Mirren)

Queen of the South

In: 

Out: 

St Mirren

In: Danny Mullen (Livingston)

Out: 

Too soon

19 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Brechin City

In: 

Out: 

Dumbarton

In: 

Out: 

Dundee United

In: 

Out: 

Dunfermline Athletic

In: 

Out: 

Falkirk

In: Tommy Robson (Sunderland)

Out: 

Greenock Morton

In: Luca Gasparotto (Falkirk)

Out: 

In: 

Out: 

Livingston

In: Steven Boyd (Hamilton Academical, loan)

Out: Danny Mullen (St Mirren)

Queen of the South

In: 

Out: 

St Mirren

In: Danny Mullen (Livingston)

Out: 

Looks like you forgot Luca in for Morton, i'll add him for you:thumsup2

8 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Looks like you forgot Luca in for Morton, i'll add him for you:thumsup2

Nothing confirmed other than loan till end of this month.......hopefully goes through longer term for our game on the 13th !!!!

Archived