Junior Derby. Who are your biggest rivals.

Blackie Gold

I like Irvine Vic's and prefer them to the meadow but they don't have a big reputation in junior circles , not many clubs have to be honest , most junior teams are honest clubs only doing their best .
Did Irvine vics not stop kilwinning winning all 7 trophies in 98/99 so maybe that's what upsets buffs fans [emoji49][emoji49]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Did Irvine vics not stop kilwinning winning all 7 trophies in 98/99 so maybe that's what upsets buffs fans emoji49.pngemoji49.png

We eventually won the trophy but it was Kilbirnie who put their gas at a peep in the semi-final.;)

5 hours ago, energyzone said:
13 hours ago, classof2010 said:
Did Irvine vics not stop kilwinning winning all 7 trophies in 98/99 so maybe that's what upsets buffs fans emoji49.pngemoji49.png

It appears to only be the Irvine Vics fan who's blown a gasket here.

I'm sure Tombo was embarrassed when he read the post back.

Dunbar's rivals are Haddington Athletic, just up the road in the posh hoity-toity metropolis of East Lothian!
Apparently back in the day Dunbar v Tranent used to be a "tasty" affair with pwopah nawty boys in attendance. I remember some of those midweek August games you got in the Sectional League Cup between Dunbar and Haddington or Tranent. On a hot August evening you were usually guaranteed at least one red card and a scrap! 

I enjoyed many games against dunbar up at millfield.... something always kicked off. Great games to play in. If i had to pick a rivial for my time at haddington tho it would be tranent.

Yes yes! The magical dunbario in the millfield arena, what an absolutely outstanding little side. We are dunbaaaario!
Afraid not when we played they weren't great but then again we weren't any great shakes but loved playing in them. More of a battle than anything and the auld boys on the sidelines gave you some abuse.....

On 23/12/2017 at 12:15, Bishoptonbankie said:

We generally (but not always) beat them so it’s hardly a rivalry.

Bankies have been our jinx team recently-does anyone actually have the head to head stats since Bankies rejoined the juniors?

In all honesty I don't really think we've got one - some of the older boys at Lochburn maintain us v Petershill is the big derby - I think historically it was - but I've never really seen it as different from any other game. Since they rejigged the Sectional to admit Clydebank, we've only rarely played them.

In terms of the current sectional group, although it's supposed to mirror local rivalries, we're to an extent the odd man out which is probably as a result of not really being all that close to other Junior sides geographically - Clydebank and Yoker have their own thing going and obviously the two Possil teams have theirs.

ETA: If Maryhill Harp were still on the go we'd be sorted :)

1 hour ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

No, but i think if we beat you one more time we get to keep you. :P

Initially I think Lok won all the games between us which were Cup ties but then the balance shifted latterly especially in the league.I think Lok have maybe won 6 or 7 of the games and lost 9 or 10?

Our real rivals and derby is unofficially  the Vale of Leven. Never meet too often but when we do its very tasty. *Fact. Clydebank v St Mirren was one of the last fixtures played in the UK on Christmas day. Now that was rival. They  games were really tasty and never a turkey. Season greeting to all!!!

1 hour ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Yes I think you’re right, you’re probably due a win. Its always good fun playing Pollok, its always an honour to welcome all your war vet supporters who battled so bravely during the crimean war.

And of course the many young fans we have in addition including all the lads from the Pollok Soccer Academy who follow us loyally!

Yes I think you’re right, you’re probably due a win. Its always good fun playing Pollok, its always an honour to welcome all your war vet supporters who battled so bravely during the crimean war.

Due a win? We put 4 past you in the league already this season!

• 2 weeks later...
Surely teams in Dundee are closer! Downfield and Harp come to mind? Tayport in FIFE I think?

Always had a rivalry with tayport. The harp downfield etc are all in the lower leagues. But the lochee harp are a team to watch in the future. Getting a new stadium and signing a few young good players. I like all the dundee junior teams but lochee united the team I support. Dundee north end have a decent wee set up and dundee violet and east craigie is one ol f the oldest junior teams in Scotland

Archived