Junior Derby. Who are your biggest rivals.

Blackie Gold

I get a bit peeved when Talbot are pitted with teams and the media class it as a derby game. Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors is our true derby, but what about your team. I have heard that Meadow and the Buffs gets classed as a derby but surely Vics v Meadow is the true derby. I would be interested to hear who Winton Rovers big derby rivals are.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get a bit peeved when Talbot are pitted with teams and the media class it as a derby game. Auchinleck Talbot v Cumnock Juniors is our true derby, but what about your team. I have heard that Meadow and the Buffs gets classed as a derby but surely Vics v Meadow is the true derby. I would be interested to hear who Winton Rovers big derby rivals are.
Beith v kilbirnie is the only derby for both clubs my opinion , dalry are the third town in the garnock valley but I've never saw that as a derby , largs like to say that themselves and kilbirnie are derby rivals but only two teams and that's beith and kilbirnie for me .

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Dumbartons our rivals always has been always will be.

Mon the papers

if you take it that clydebank are still the same club as the senior club then they are also the same club that played in the juniors from  1899 till 1965 and therfore never played dumbarton so they cant possibly have been our rivals then or now.

if you take it that clydebank are still the same club as the senior club then they are also the same club that played in the juniors from  1899 till 1965 and therfore never played dumbarton so they cant possibly have been our rivals then or now.

So who was our rivals back then?

Mon the papers

12 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I dont see Yoker as ‘rivals’ our paths rarely cross in meaningful games and I like to see Yoker do well. I don’t really consider us to have a ‘rival’ theres teams I enjoy beating but by no means ayrshire levels of hysteria (who in their right mind gets worked up about a gala day rivalry ie marymass) over beating the next village.

Should give it a try because its hysterical little Ayrshire villages that have dominated Junior football for decades.

Our traditional derby rivals will always be Lochgelly Albert. Pity we’re in different leagues now. For a few years Ballingry were our bitter rivals but like ships passing in the night, they didn’t last too long [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Archived